Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 09:05 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Lebanon’s Prime Minister has said Lebanon is committed to U.N. resolution 1701. Who is he kidding??

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does Lebanon really think Israel is going to stand back and allow this to be a one way war?
Lebanon is powerless in this situation, Iran and Hezbollah has taken control to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 09:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
It's not the best article and information comes through media minute by minute. But, once again, Iran a terrorist state doing what it's known to do. Let them build nukes though.
Yeah, as long as they're a sovereign nation, they should be able to have nukes.

Your sovereign nation has them.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The question here is, what the hell was an Iranian general doing on the Golan Heights?
He was busily painting "red lines".

Old 01-28-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, as long as they're a sovereign nation, they should be able to have nukes.

Your sovereign nation has them.
I'm not sure if Israel does or does not, this is amigious. If they do, they received it legally.

Iran violated agreements like North Korea and Pakistan and do not have the right to have them. You argument is flawed.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:03 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,296 times
It is just rinse and repeat with Hezbollah. Same crap, different day.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure if Israel does or does not, this is amigious. If they do, they received it legally.

Iran violated agreements like North Korea and Pakistan and do not have the right to have them. You argument is flawed.
Israel does have them...as is their right.

I don't care what agreement Iran violated. They're a sovereign nation.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Israel does have them...as is their right.

I don't care what agreement Iran violated. They're a sovereign nation.
Your argument is to simplistic and elementary. With that logic, the argument of Israeli occupation is null in void considering its expressing its sovereignty through settlements. Cant pick and choose which argument is best to weaken Israel's position. I have heard enough of your arguments and you are borderline trolling or simply do not understand international relations. I will latter with the 2nd option.

We live In an anarchic world with liberalism in between. The one instance where liberalism applies is through the UN, IAEA, ect. In the forms of nuclear ambitions, the main powers are very strict that basically nobody else can obtain the weapons. The IAEA has set up a program called the Treaty Non-Proliferation. This document allows for a country to research and obtain a nuclear facility in the form of civilian purposes. Military research or obtaining nuclear warheads is strictly forbidden. Many countries in the past had violated this treaty, Iraq, Syria, Argentina, Libya, and a few more I cant think of it at the moment. There program was quickly dissembled. North Korea was too for the IAEA to act accordingly, as western mentality prevailed and did very little to stop it. Iran has been fooling the IAEA for a decade and continues to violate UNSC resolutions and protocols.

Iran has suspected sites yet to of been inspected by IAEA inspectors as Iran refuses access. They signed the NPT to receive nuclear materials from Russia and China but violate the very same agreement to dismiss inspectors from basic protocol checks? Why 80m under ground? If they disembark from the NPT, then the materials received from Russia and China would be illegal, no wonder they veto anything and everything Iran at the UNSC!

Being a 'sovereign nation' is not enough. This simplistic answer can be applied to every argument against Israel and conveniently would be disagreed by the Arab Stronk crowd. Usually, Israel is applied to certain international laws (never binding) but not the Arabs or Iran in the same circumstances... But I digress, Iran is responsible for its actions as a signatory of the treaty and would not be at this stage without it. Just accept it for what it is and do not pretend that they do not want the capabilities to weaponize while claiming they can because they are sovereign.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:10 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Cannot confirm:

Quote:
A senior United Nations peacekeeping officer said Wednesday that Israel had informed the UN peacekeeping mission in Lebanon that it would not respond to an attack by the Lebanese Hezbollah movement.

"The Israeli side told the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) that it would not respond to the attack," the officer, requesting anonymity, told The Anadolu Agency.
Israel not to respond to Hezbollah attack: UNIFIL Anadolu Agency
(website from Turkey)

Old 01-28-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I would dismiss it, Israel has to create a deterrence by striking back.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Your argument is to simplistic and elementary. With that logic, the argument of Israeli occupation is null in void considering its expressing its sovereignty through settlements. Cant pick and choose which argument is best to weaken Israel's position. I have heard enough of your arguments and you are borderline trolling or simply do not understand international relations. I will latter with the 2nd option.

We live In an anarchic world with liberalism in between. The one instance where liberalism applies is through the UN, IAEA, ect. In the forms of nuclear ambitions, the main powers are very strict that basically nobody else can obtain the weapons. The IAEA has set up a program called the Treaty Non-Proliferation. This document allows for a country to research and obtain a nuclear facility in the form of civilian purposes. Military research or obtaining nuclear warheads is strictly forbidden. Many countries in the past had violated this treaty, Iraq, Syria, Argentina, Libya, and a few more I cant think of it at the moment. There program was quickly dissembled. North Korea was too for the IAEA to act accordingly, as western mentality prevailed and did very little to stop it. Iran has been fooling the IAEA for a decade and continues to violate UNSC resolutions and protocols.

Iran has suspected sites yet to of been inspected by IAEA inspectors as Iran refuses access. They signed the NPT to receive nuclear materials from Russia and China but violate the very same agreement to dismiss inspectors from basic protocol checks? Why 80m under ground? If they disembark from the NPT, then the materials received from Russia and China would be illegal, no wonder they veto anything and everything Iran at the UNSC!

Being a 'sovereign nation' is not enough. This simplistic answer can be applied to every argument against Israel and conveniently would be disagreed by the Arab Stronk crowd. Usually, Israel is applied to certain international laws (never binding) but not the Arabs or Iran in the same circumstances... But I digress, Iran is responsible for its actions as a signatory of the treaty and would not be at this stage without it. Just accept it for what it is and do not pretend that they do not want the capabilities to weaponize while claiming they can because they are sovereign.
Everything doesn't have to be complicated although yes..it's complex.

For one, I've said nothing about Israel occupying anyone, so you're arguing that point with the wrong person. I don't care one bit about what the Israelis and Palestinians do to each other. My stance has always been simple...the United States has no business being involved with any of it. They can wack each other for the next thousand years for all I care. I only care about one country; the United States of America.

Moreover, I'm not a proponent of Iran getting a nuke, I just don't know why I should be against it seeing as how an Iranian nuke poses no threat to this country.

Whatever the reason they want a nuke or modern day nuclear technology is of no concern to me. I can see why other nations may be skittish, but that's between them and Iran as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies