Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I am a traditional conservative. There is nothing wrong with leaving an Israeli (if you are or support Jews) flag on your desk. Just like there is nothing wrong with leaving a Mexican flag on your desk if you are a Mexican-American. But on your desk as well should be an American flag if you are an American or support America. That, if you are an American, is what you pledge allegiance to, which represents American (traditional) values and culture (the republic). And don't give me that garbage about slavery and all of that nonsense like the whole United States was for slavery and never fought a civil war. Get OFF the anti-American kick or leave. Our country isn't perfect. Find one that is. And when you do...go there...please. Stop trying to rip it down and remake it in your progressive, liberal, Marxist image. And no, I wouldn't go so far as forcing ALL Muslims to renounce terrorism. Remember, in the Koran, it is ok to lie for the purpose of advancing Islam," she wrote. Does the Koran say this? Guess we ALL should check and see.......
Compare compare. Not sure but doesn't the Torah say the it is ok to lie to a gyome? I am quite sure spellng and name corrections will be coming shortly.

Why should the Jewish people be singled out as well? NO THEY SHOULDN'T

Who said Travel IS FATAL TO BIGOTRY, PREJUDICE AND NARROW MINDLESS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 07:20 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
according to whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Not even close to being true. Islam is a religion of peace

Old 01-30-2015, 07:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
She wrote this on facebook:

Let me remind you that just because the judge in this article says words like voluntary, non binding, and tribunal doesn't mean he is telling the truth. Remember, in the Koran, it is ok to lie for the purpose of advancing Islam.

I hope companies that are thinking about moving to Texas will look at her facebook page and remember that she represents Texas as an elected leader. They need to think about what they are asking their employees to endure.
Her sentiments may be a reflection of those who elected her and/ or who vote straight ticket Republican without regard to anything else.

It might also be possible her Muslim rant is new and is designed to appeal to like- minded folk who tend to use a broad brush to paint everything. Concrete thinking.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Like the thousands of employees that had to 'endure' that fateful day in New York?
That kind of 'endure'?

Molly White for Governor!
Like many who worked at the WTC I was there in 1993 and 2001. I can distinguish between terrorists who use extreme interpretations of religion to advance their goals and the majority of people of Muslim faith.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:45 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I am a traditional conservative. There is nothing wrong with leaving an Israeli (if you are or support Jews) flag on your desk. Just like there is nothing wrong with leaving a Mexican flag on your desk if you are a Mexican-American. But on your desk as well should be an American flag if you are an American or support America. That, if you are an American, is what you pledge allegiance to, which represents American (traditional) values and culture (the republic). And don't give me that garbage about slavery and all of that nonsense like the whole United States was for slavery and never fought a civil war. Get OFF the anti-American kick or leave. Our country isn't perfect. Find one that is. And when you do...go there...please. Stop trying to rip it down and remake it in your progressive, liberal, Marxist image. And no, I wouldn't go so far as forcing ALL Muslims to renounce terrorism. Remember, in the Koran, it is ok to lie for the purpose of advancing Islam," she wrote. Does the Koran say this? Guess we ALL should check and see.......
I'm not a traditional conservative. Nor am I a flaming liberal. I'm just a guy in the middle. But, I've lived a couple of times for extended periods outside US borders and have traveled fairly extensively. And as silly as a lot of things are here in the U.S., I can't tell you how freaking happy I am to get back here every time I leave for awhile.

That said, what we're pledging allegiance to it the Republic and the Constitution. Not some nostalgic idea of "traditional values". Let's remember those last few words... "with liberty and justice for all." It's not "for all... except those people."

I believe in God, but I don't like organized religion. I think organized religions typically work against "with liberty and justice for all" and should be taxed. But I have no issue with the Pledge. Nor making Muslims or anyone else recite it if they want in. Even if they're lying.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
A radical Muslim wants to behead you.
A moderate Muslim wants a radical Muslim to behead you.
I had never understood how the federal government allowed local governments to round up Japanese- Americans, sieze their assets and put them into camps after Pearl Harbor. Most were second generation Japanese- Americans living on the US mainland.

At the same time, Hawaii with a 1/3 population of Japanese- Americans, did not take similar action, despite being ground zero.

Seems there are some in the US who would not have a problem rounding up all of Muslim faith, including Mohammed Ali and Dr Oz, second and beyond generations and converts, and taking similar actions.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
"It isn't all muslims, but it's always a muslim"

Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Yes, Every Muslim is a potential extremist and I would defy you to figure out which is which!

If just one percent of over a Billion muslims are extremists (probably much higher) then there would be ten million extremists in the world.

Estimates have a muslim population of around three million in the U.S.

That would put the 1% extremists count at roughly 'Thirty Thousand'!

That being said .. Go play your guessing games with your family .. Leave me to mine!
There are about 315 million people in the US. Probably 10% are or will evolve to be serious whack jobs, regardless of their faith or lack thereof. That's 31.5 million.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)"
Allah is the Arabic word for God.

Non- Muslim Arabs refer to God as Allah.

Mohammed used his version of religion for political purposes to build an army to conquer geography, occupied mostly by Pagans.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
"It isn't all muslims, but it's always a muslim"
It isn't all Americans that have been sticking their beaks into other country's business for gain, for serious decades, but it's always the Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies