Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! If people weren't interested in Jenner, she wouldn't be front page news.
People also stop at train wrecks as well.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Courageous ? For doing something he's wanted and felt for most of his life ? If he really really felt that way , he wouldn't care what people thought. He would do what feels right to him regardless of the consequences.

It is an attention wh#re cash grab nothing more. Sure he has felt this way and wanted to do this but he is utilizing his change and the publicity for monetary gain. Which is fine for him and his pocket book, but in my mind takes away from his so called courage.
Like I've posted before , the example I posted earlier is a much better role model to help others do the same.

Do yourself a favor. Educate yourself about what some of those consequences are and then come back and make it sound like an easy choice.

Or are you too phobic to even do that? It's okay, you won't catch anything or wake up gay.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Might I just add, that Mr. Broadus shouldn't be given a free pass by the national media for speaking his mind, in a somewhat offensive way about Jenner.

Both of them are irrelevant to me, but the national media chooses how to inflame the public, which I am a part of. Why not crucify Snoop for these comments? Because he's black he gets a pass? BS
No because he is telling the truth. In reality, the vast majority can care less about a has been athlete who decided to change sex.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:15 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
I thought people transitioning had to live one year 24/7 as the gender they are transitioning to before they were allowed to have sex reassignment surgery.........so I went looking.

So, Caitlyn may be required to wait one year from her reveal before reassignment surgery.

Sex Reassignment Surgical Guidelines - Transgender Health - HealthCommunities.com

Quote:
12 months of successful, continuous, full-time, real-life experience

Old 06-04-2015, 09:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
I don't recall the hupla and criticism when Chas (Chasity) Bono transgendered from female to male... No?

Hmmm...Perhaps we'll see Caitlyn Jenner on Dancing with the Stars!

Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,011 times
I can't imagine living the life that "Bruce" Jenner is/was living. That said, there's nothing to really deserve the award on her part. He (I say that in past tense) was more recognizable on the E Network than anything and "he" probably hasn't been heard from in the sports world since before I was born (1985). I don't underestimate what Jenner accomplished and for my generation this is basically like Michael Phelps becoming a woman in 30 years, which would be unfathomable to me. Still, there's no real merit to her receiving this award IMO. The award is supposed to be awarded to someone in the sports world....current sports universe....who in fact exemplifies courage in the face of adversity. Jenner has a personal life that some agree with and one that some don't, but in no way does it have **** to do with sports right now. Whatever she does with her life, cool, but it won't be anything sports-related because she/he hasn't been involved in that for decades, yet he/she is winning an award from a sports enterprise. The story of Lauren Hill (for example) has everything to do with what's right with sports and is a tragedy she tried her best to overcome even though she knew there was no happy ending. Bruce Jenner is now a woman. In a rational way, I don't understand how Jenner can possibly deserve this. I hope she lives a happy life now that she's free from what she was afraid to be.....but still doesn't deserve this and it's a joke that she's even considered, much less winning. "Winning".

Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,986 times
I'm sick of people calling "Caitlyn" courageous. Soldiers fighting for rights, Police officers, firemen, linemen etc. are courageous.
Caitlyn had not choice but to make a big deal of it. The media would have eventually found out and then persecuted her "for denying who she really is." That is not courage. A cover on Vanity Fair is not courage.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,303 times
Does this mean that Jenner has to return the gold medal for winning the Olympic decathlon? It is for men. The heptathlon is for women.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Is Jenner still battling the wrongful death suit that was filed after he drove head-on into another car? This might be the most cunning way of getting out of it.

His attorney can argue: "A 65 year old man was driving that Escalade. You cannot hold Caitlin responsible."

Old 06-04-2015, 10:15 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Does this mean that Jenner has to return the gold medal for winning the Olympic decathlon? It is for men. The heptathlon is for women.
He was a man when he won the gold medal, no female hormones, so no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies