Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:34 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times

Advertisements

If this is indeed true, then I find this whole story very disturbing. One, because he's already 65 years old -- why even bother transitioning at this stage of his life? And second, it seems that his overall persona and public image as a celebrated athlete was just a front. All this time, he was really just a woman trapped in a man's body. It's kind of pathetic in a way. To think he married women and fathered children all the while feeling that he was really a woman.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:44 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,817,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Bruce Kardashian will emerge.

Why do people call the kardashians the katrashians?? The family is worth over 20 million. If people are claiming that they are trashy then why would make the people who watch, buy their stuff, etc. The fact that they make that much $$$ means a lot of people are buying.

Quote from H.L. Mencken:

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Old 02-01-2015, 03:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
I honestly think that hooking up with that Kartrashian woman was the worst thing that could have ever happened to him. He is who he is, and getting involved with her did not change that, however, she might have been part of the reason he delayed accepting his true self.

As long as he's happy, that's all that matters. The sad thing about it is that he feels that there needs to be a reality television show about it. I don't watch reality tv, have never seen their current show, and can't imagine it is worth watching. That said, I hope this new show isn't a typical stupid reality show, if it could help some other person deal with internal conflicting emotions, that would be great. But I believe it's going to be on E! so I doubt that will be the case.
I always thought that his hooking up with Kardashian was the result of his developing illness. Can't imagine a sane man being interested in putting up with that nonsense for very long, or doing a reality show about his sex change.

I doubt too that he can ever be happy. IMO, these changes are because he's in a very, very dark place, and a sex change is merely a band-aid that won't solve the problem or last very long. I don't see this ending up well for him, but that's just my take on it. I don't know him.

I wish him the best however. It obviously is not easy being him.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It's sad to see an Olympic hero who made a decent career of capitalizing on that fame pre-Kardashian...really going out on a banana peel...every night late comic and any future obit will focus on his "transition" and not his remarkable athletic achievements...but it was his choice...
I like the way you put that...too funny. I laughed out loud when I read that...still laughing too.

Yes, he really is going out on a banana peel. I'll have to use that going forward.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:37 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Bruce Jenner looks like he has serious mental and emotional problems, and this sex change at his age represents the beginning of the end of this man's life IMO. It's a tragic story.

He had everything going for him, then he moved to LA to try to become a movie star, and imploded.
I just find this kind of thing fascinating. Having a nose job or breast implants is one thing. Surgically changing your gender is just so final. I don't think he'll be happy in the end.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:03 PM

766 posts, read 1,395,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I thought gender dysphoria was something that developed at a young age. Are we supposed to believe that a sixty-something twice-married man who fathered children has only recently decided he is a woman trapped in a man's body?
I agree! In this particular case.... I'm thinking some sort of Mental Illness?

Old 02-01-2015, 07:20 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I just find this kind of thing fascinating. Having a nose job or breast implants is one thing. Surgically changing your gender is just so final. I don't think he'll be happy in the end.
He may not go that far, a lot of them don't. {and by that I mean having the genitalia reworked surgically}

IF he is transitioning, I am betting he will be satisfied with living as and looking like a woman on the outside, doing the hormone treatments and maybe getting breast implants.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
He may not go that far, a lot of them don't. {and by that I mean having the genitalia reworked surgically}

IF he is transitioning, I am betting he will be satisfied with living as and looking like a woman on the outside, doing the hormone treatments and maybe getting breast implants.

you're probably right Annie. I hope he doesn't get too drastic. I really like Bruce. I do. I like his sons that he had with Linda Thompson too.

What I don't get it----is he aiming to have sex with men??? If so, I mean hey-that is done daily all over the world. I'm confused as to this transitioning................why is it necessary? So it won't seem weird to see him dressed as a woman ,while still being a man? So he won't be considered a cross-dresser??

Old 02-01-2015, 09:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Does this guy not care about what his freakish behavior might do to his daughters?

Old 02-01-2015, 10:59 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,579,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Does this guy not care about what his freakish behavior might do to his daughters?
His daughters are all adults, except on who's like almost 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies