Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 12:08 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Guess Kris Jenner was just his beard.
Is he gay?

Old 02-05-2015, 01:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Is he gay?

this is what is confusing me too.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I wonder if he will return all his gold medals since they were won in men's sporting events.
Why would he? He was 100% natural male when he won them.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I met him half a year ago on a sports car event. I talked to him and saw him chit chat with guys. Besides his creepy face he acted manly and didn't seem feminine at all. He knew a lot about cars.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:10 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why would he? He was 100% natural male when he won them.
Wellll, if somebody would claim he/she is born in the wrong body .. then ...

Old 02-05-2015, 02:26 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
My heart goes out to Bruce. I can't begin to imagine the sort of internal turmoil that drives someone to make this sort of transition. People can joke all they want, but he didn't wake up one morning and on a whim decide to transition. He didn't suddenly decide he likes long hair and nail polish. This is the kind of thing that people struggle all their lives with.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:48 PM

862 posts, read 1,196,822 times
I can remember the Bruce Jenner "jokes" back in the 70s and 80s. I especially can recall listening to Buffalo's WKBW radio around 1980, maybe 1981 when the dj shouted on the air "..THIS ONE IS FOR BRUCIE JENNER..." they then played the Tom Jones tune "She's A Lady". Then there was that Virginia based cooking show "Cookin Cheap" where one of the male hosts had appeared in drag talking in a lisp saying "..just call me Bruce Jenner sweethart". However looking back now I believe all of that was due not so much directly at Bruce Jenner but rather just because his first name was Bruce. Back in those days unfortunately the name Bruce was associated with being gay and/or a man who wanted to be a woman. Bruce jokes were common on the radio and they were used a number of times on the game shows from that era like Match Game and The Hollywood Squares. Even the sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati did a "Bruce Joke". It was different time.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:19 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
So, when are we "free" to think someone's behavior and choice is whacked?

Would you think us "hateful" and full of ignorance if we were appalled and against Bruce making moves/plans to wed his dog? Something tells me you'd be singing a different tune then!

Look, it's not rocket science! What he is doing is against nature and his DNA.

Certainly he has the "freedom" and "right" to have a screw loose in his head, but that doesn't mean I wish to commend or support him for it.

Certainly I understand it: Bruce is non compos mentis!

I will speak the truth to him. I won't coddle the MAN!

"Bruce, you have a screw loose. You might want to get that treated and/or checked out!"

BTW, I don't think Bruce will ever be or feel free as long as he remains trapped in such psychosis!

oh puuulllleeeaze.... that old chestnut about marrying a dog...... FYI, in case you had not noticed, a dog is not a consenting adult.....

and what exactly do you know about Bruce Jenner's DNA?? No one is sure why trans people ARE transgendered..... just as no one is sure why gay people are gay.... there are theories, yes.... but nothing that has been scientifically proven..... But what IS known is that neither is a choice... just as my having blue eyes and being right handed were not choices for me.....

If you think Bruce, or any other transgendered person, chose to be transgendered, you are the one with a screw loose..... and I certainly hope for his sake that you never get the chance to speak your version of the truth to him.... something tells me it would be hateful and hurtful and totally pointless.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Is he gay?
No, a MTW transgender can be attracted to women throughout her life..... just once she transitions, she is now a lesbian.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
My heart goes out to Bruce. I can't begin to imagine the sort of internal turmoil that drives someone to make this sort of transition. People can joke all they want, but he didn't wake up one morning and on a whim decide to transition. He didn't suddenly decide he likes long hair and nail polish. This is the kind of thing that people struggle all their lives with.
I have several transgendered friends and you're right, no one can imagine what they go through both mentally, with themselves, and emotionally, from society and often, their own families....

Old 02-05-2015, 03:23 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
but nothing that has been scientifically proven.....

Well, at least you got one thing right.

Plain and simple psychosis.

Obviously, the truth hurts. Truth is not hate; it's just truth. Some people just can't handle it.

That is especially true of people with extreme psychosis and anti-social behavior.

Do I feel pity for him and other human beings like him? Of course I do! Just like I pity people who have other mental conditions.

Having said that, I will never sanction any actions originating from mental illness or imbalance. Sorry!

And despite your feeble attempts to besmirch, label, and manipulate me, I stand behind my previous assertions about Bruce..

Last edited by picklejuice; 02-05-2015 at 03:52 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 03:53 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Well, at least you got one thing right.

Plain and simple psychosis.

Obviously, the truth hurts. Truth is not hate; it's just truth. Some people just can't handle it.

That is especially true of people with extreme psychosis and anti-social behavior.

Do I feel pity for him and other human beings like him? Of course I do! Just like I pity people who have other mental conditions.

Having said that, I will never sanction any actions originating from mental illness or imbalance.

Sorry! It's not happening regardless of your negative labeling and manipulative shaming techniques.

and you shine an even brighter light on your ignorance.......

psychosis

Variation

Houghton Mifflin

n.noun

An acute or chronic mental state marked by loss of contact with reality, disorganized speech and behavior, and often by hallucinations or delusions, seen in certain mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, and other medical disorders.

1. antisocial

Houghton Mifflin

• adj.adjective

1. Shunning the society of others; not sociable.
      2. Hostile to or disruptive of the established social order; marked by or engaging in behavior that violates accepted mores.
        gangs engaging in vandalism and other antisocial behavior.
      3. Antagonistic toward or disrespectful of others; rude.
  2. antisocial personality disorder

• n.noun

1. A personality disorder characterized by chronic antisocial behavior and violation of the law and the rights of others.
    Houghton Mifflin

I have not seen any of these things in any of my friends.... or any of their other friends..... although I do see hints of the the third definition of antisocial in your posts on this subject.....

sorry if you feel manipulated and shamed.... that was not my intent.... my intent was to enlighten, but apparently, that is not possible in this case....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.