Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 11:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times

Advertisements

It's a shame someone died in this accident. I blame Jenner AND the paps. They are always involved in auto accidents. In fact, one was hit by a car and killed following some celebrity.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
From what is in national news the car in front of him rammed into the car in from of it ;then he hit the car. Sound like he was lucky to be in a SUV really.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:34 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
It's actually not that simple. People have been complaining about this for years, and certain celebrities have tried to get a law passed. This is not the first time aggressive paps have been accused of causing an accident.

Apparently they are known to drive rather recklessly, in cars and on bikes, getting dangerously close, weaving in and out of traffic, jumping in front of a celeb's car and slowing down... etc. They can surround a car on all sides and behave like crazies. More than one person has told of feeling scared the paps would cause an accident (think Princess Diana) and doing anything to get away from them, especially if they have their children in the car. Not not mention being blinded by flashes going off or being distracted by NOT to hit the fools coming at you from all directions.

I'm not saying that's exactly what happened here (we don't have all the facts yet) but it's often not as simple as "just pulling over" and it can be VERY easy to find it hard to drive when you have to do it defensively under those circumstances.
FYI, the Kardashians depend on the paps for their celebrity. They actually call the paparazzi to let them know where they will be, when they will be there and what they are doing. How do you think that the Kartrashian girls are in the tabloids every week despite not being celebrated for any particular talent?

Any and all celebs know where to go or not go to avoid the paparazzi. Its not that hard to do. When celebs want exposure they go to certain restaurants on certain streets when they could EASILY avoid any paps by going to a restaurant or store one street over. Notice how MANY high profile celebs are NOT plagued by the paps on a weekly basis.

Don't be fooled.....those who are "hounded" by the paps are going to where they know the paps will be.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:35 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Just on my local CBS news...........

Bruce Jenner was driving the third car in a multiple car rear end accident.

The first car, a Prius, stopped suddenly, the second car, a white Lexus, slammed on its breaks, Jenner also slammed on his breaks but still hit the Lexus and pushed it into an oncoming Hummer. The elderly woman in the Lexus was dead at the scene.

They said, at his time, it doesn't appear the paparazzi had anything to do with the accident.

Just a note to those who don't leave enough room between your car and the car in front of you, you could easily find yourself in Bruce Jenner's shoes.
This is a common kind of accident in the LA area sort of traffic. People want to go faster and don't want to leave a proper 'stopping zone' and if there is people cut in. I hated it when we'd go where this might happen since we had minor damage when someone decided to stop on the freeway. After the accident began then pulled out. We had minor damage, but further back there were some very serious injuries. With cars squashed together its fine if everyone keeps moving, but all it takes is ONE car to stop or slow down and there simply isn't time to stop behind them. Look at pictures of the norm on any crowded highway in the area and you'll see less than a car length between cars which is a recipe for exactly what happened. Its also why its important to have a seatbelt,and and shoulder belt since if your stopped suddenly you can be thrown against the windshield very easily.

From the description, the one at fault would be the one who stopped. The rest is the laws of physics.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:08 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,330,462 times
Diana used to play the same game, call the media and tell them where she'd be sometimes and then get mad at them the next time they'd show up. She played them like they all do. Plus you're public property once you become famous...It's a trade off. Not saying it's always fair but that's how it is.
I also think the person stopping caused the whole thing. But you're supposed to be able stop at all times, the person rear ending someone is always in the wrong. Driving too close can be deadly.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:10 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,438,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53
Just on my local CBS news...........

Bruce Jenner was driving the third car in a multiple car rear end accident.
Reported on Los Angeles KTLA this AM - law enforcement does not consider Jenner at fault. Law enforcement is also pulling all of the drivers phone records, to see if any of the drivers were texting or calling at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
This is a common kind of accident in the LA area sort of traffic.
Reported on Los Angeles KTLA this AM - Hours after the original crash, a male driver drove past police tape and flashing red lights at the scene and crashed into the Hummer and Lexus. He was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:11 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,023,856 times
Quote:
He's not even a woman yet and he's already a bad driver
THAT is a great joke....sad, and funny at the same time.

Quote:
Reported on Los Angeles KTLA this AM - law enforcement does not consider Jenner at fault. Law enforcement is also pulling all of the drivers phone records, to see if any of the drivers were texting or calling at the time.
I call BS if Jenner isn't cited FOR SOMEthing, even if it wasn't totally his fault. We all know if the police WANT to find something to charge you with --even if it's some little BS charge or citation they will. They can't cite him for following to closely?....apparently he was if he couldn't stop.

I bet any of us would be cited for SOMEthing. But because he's Bruce Jenner he isn't? And WHO first said he was fleeing paparazzi....was that an initial lie he told to cover his butt perhaps...because aren't police now saying paparazzi had nothing to do with it.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:17 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,438,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I also think the person stopping caused the whole thing. But you're supposed to be able stop at all times, the person rear ending someone is always in the wrong. Driving too close can be deadly.
Not always.
I agree that every driver has a duty to follow other vehicles at a safe distance. But - it is possible for the driver of the car that gets rear-ended to be negligent as well. One reason would be non-functioning brake lights. Ask me how I know this one

Old 02-08-2015, 11:21 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
FYI, the Kardashians depend on the paps for their celebrity. They actually call the paparazzi to let them know where they will be, when they will be there and what they are doing. How do you think that the Kartrashian girls are in the tabloids every week despite not being celebrated for any particular talent?

Any and all celebs know where to go or not go to avoid the paparazzi. Its not that hard to do. When celebs want exposure they go to certain restaurants on certain streets when they could EASILY avoid any paps by going to a restaurant or store one street over. Notice how MANY high profile celebs are NOT plagued by the paps on a weekly basis.

Don't be fooled.....those who are "hounded" by the paps are going to where they know the paps will be.
I know. That used to be the case, where paps only went certain places and those who wanted to be photographed would show up there. And there have always been celebrities who tip off photographers so they can get more press.

Lately though, that's been changing, which is why actresses like Jennifer Garner and such started complaining. They had started showing up at schools and supermarkets to catch people who were not trying to be photographed. And when a story gets super hot or there is a big scandal, there is no such thing as boundaries. They literally will follow the person everywhere because the pictures are so in demand. They can get super aggressive and yell horrible things at people trying to get a reaction so they can get a more valuable picture out of it.

Anyway, this doesn't look like a paprazi thing anyway so it's a moot point now. I'm just trying to say the celeb in question is not always asking for it.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
This is a common kind of accident in the LA area sort of traffic. People want to go faster and don't want to leave a proper 'stopping zone' and if there is people cut in. I hated it when we'd go where this might happen since we had minor damage when someone decided to stop on the freeway. After the accident began then pulled out. We had minor damage, but further back there were some very serious injuries. With cars squashed together its fine if everyone keeps moving, but all it takes is ONE car to stop or slow down and there simply isn't time to stop behind them. Look at pictures of the norm on any crowded highway in the area and you'll see less than a car length between cars which is a recipe for exactly what happened. Its also why its important to have a seatbelt,and and shoulder belt since if your stopped suddenly you can be thrown against the windshield very easily.

From the description, the one at fault would be the one who stopped. The rest is the laws of physics.
CA vehicle code says drivers have to leave stopping distance between them and the car in front. Which is almost impossible to do in L.A. At the very least Jenner will probably be ticketed for not doing that.

That stretch of PCH is narrow. What I'm wondering is how the photographer got such clear photos of the moment of impact. Probably a pap because the photos were immediately sold to an agency and the photographer obviously knew Jenner was in the SUV. Something is hinky about this one. A car stops suddenly.... Bruce Jenner, the money $hot for a pap, is in the pile-up.... and someone gets very clear shots of the moment of impact that are worth mega-bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies