Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 09:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times

Advertisements

I thought Bruce was great bringing his story to everyone. He was very open and made everything quite simple. He is very lucky to be surrounded by such love.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I feel sorry for Chris too. Imagine being married and loving somebody and then they break the news to you.
I feel sorry for his first 2 wives more~ Kris knew he was transitioning when she met him back in the 80s then he stopped. Kris knew he had "36B breasts" so she knew what she was getting into both eyes open.

I was shocked he said out of all 10 kids Khloe was struggling with it the most and I didn't hear how Rob reacted. Good to hear he is going to live openly as a woman before having the surgery I hope he finds peace while doing so.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I feel sorry for his first 2 wives more~ Kris knew he was transitioning when she met him back in the 80s then he stopped. Kris knew he had "36B breasts" so she knew what she was getting into both eyes open.

I was shocked he said out of all 10 kids Khloe was struggling with it the most and I didn't hear how Rob reacted. Good to hear he is going to live openly as a woman before having the surgery I hope he finds peace while doing so.

shocked me about Khloe too. Nothing anyone else does should shock the Kardashian clan.
I wish Bruce all the best and wish he could live in peace but that is not going to happen.
His kids are great!!!! His daughter is beautiful.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Bruce Jenner seems like such a nice, genuine person.

The ignorance of some in this thread is amazing. I don't understand why anyone would think being 65 should stop her from pursuing happiness. Do we just shrivel up and die at that age? Ask your parents or grandparents how they feel about your suggestions that someone so "old" should give up.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
shocked me about Khloe too. Nothing anyone else does should shock the Kardashian clan.
I wish Bruce all the best and wish he could live in peace but that is not going to happen.
His kids are great!!!! His daughter is beautiful.
Khloe has always been the one to accept being different he explained about how much she has lost in reason years so it does make sense. I really thought she was closer to Bruce out of the 4 Kardashians too losing her dad, always being questioned if Robert Kardashian was her father, her size & looks different than the other 2, public breakup of her marriage and worried about her brother probably has taken a toll on her. She has said many times, Kris has confirmed it, she was more of a mother to the 3 youngest kids than Kris was. Now she can't have children it seems of her own and lost the only "strong male role model" in her life. Wow I'd like to sit down with Bruce & Khloe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

The ignorance of some in this thread is amazing. I don't understand why anyone would think being 65 should stop her from pursuing happiness. Do we just shrivel up and die at that age? Ask your parents or grandparents how they feel about your suggestions that someone so "old" should give up.
I don't question he wants to do it I question why at this late age in life since it is a very high risk surgery. Maybe he'll be satisfied living as a woman and won't go through the gender reassignment who knows. We all deserve to be happy I'd have to decide if living as a woman possibly for 20-30 years was better than having the high risk surgery and maybe living another 1-2 years. I'm that way with joint replacements & organ transplants in 70-80 yos too but just my opinion for ME not for others.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:32 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,982 times
So, while I did not get to watch the interview. I did get the next best thing. Play by play updates from US Weekly Live Feed. Sounds like Bruce is happy in his life. He has found happiness with his family. Not sure if one could truly ask for much more in this world of ours. While I can't say I fully understand Bruce and his journey I do believe as long a person is happy, in the live and let live principle.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:33 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
I thought it was very telling when the quote came from the younger two Jenner girls that all they wanted was their Dad to be happy...see that's what's upside down here...Bruce's first concern should be for their happiness...not his own...and if he was very honest with himself he would have to realize the amount of unhappiness he is causing to those two young girls he chose to bring into this world...

Old 04-24-2015, 10:48 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
I watched the interview tonight and I get why he wants to do it now. He did say that he wasn't sure if he was going to go through the gender reassignment surgery and at his age I would think that wouldn't be such a good idea.

His kids seem to all be coming around with this. The two youngest understandably are the last but they appear to be dealing with it. Time is running out for him and if he doesn't make his changes now, then when? He owes it to himself to have the happiness he has denied himself all these years.

He would probably want to do all this in private but being a public figure it's going to be out in the open anyway. He is smart to bring it out before all the pundits and jokers who have been feeding off his private life out of speculation have their evidence this is really happening. I dislike all those late night comedians who take cheap shots at others just for a laugh to get ratings. Bruce can laugh at himself with the best of them.

You go girl!

Old 04-24-2015, 11:06 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I thought it was very telling when the quote came from the younger two Jenner girls that all they wanted was their Dad to be happy...see that's what's upside down here...Bruce's first concern should be for their happiness...not his own...and if he was very honest with himself he would have to realize the amount of unhappiness he is causing to those two young girls he chose to bring into this world...
His youngest daughters are 17 and 19 years old. Old enough to handle a situation like this and mature enough to understand. His whole life he kept this pretty much to himself with a few exceptions. I would say he has protected his family. Also, what does him bringing kids into this world has to do with anything. He wanted to be a father.
Furthermore, your happiness is as important as your kids. I would be devastated if I found out my dad had lived a lie his whole life because he wanted to protect my feelings. As a family you should support and love each other unconditionally.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:59 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

This type of surgery is not a simple one and age is a factor with any major surgery and must be considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies