Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 04:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,730,371 times

Advertisements

I watched part of the interview last night. I find it interesting that he's always felt he was a girl and was dressing in girl's clothing since the age of 8 but has only just now decided to undergo gender reassignment surgery.

I wish him the best. I'm glad he's doing what he's always felt he needed to do.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:23 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,637 times
His beady eyes were scary

Old 04-25-2015, 07:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
When I first heard about it - I thought he was being selfish. Like you give up your right to be a 'free spirit' after fathering children with three different women.

But I thought the interview did a good job showing his conflicted life. If his family supports him, who am I to judge?

Old 04-25-2015, 07:36 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
His youngest daughters are 17 and 19 years old. Old enough to handle a situation like this and mature enough to understand. His whole life he kept this pretty much to himself with a few exceptions. I would say he has protected his family. Also, what does him bringing kids into this world has to do with anything. He wanted to be a father.
Furthermore, your happiness is as important as your kids. I would be devastated if I found out my dad had lived a lie his whole life because he wanted to protect my feelings. As a family you should support and love each other unconditionally.
First of all 17 and 19 are not old enough to handle something like this...He caused 3 marriages to end...yes he admitted it himself...he left women who had his children 3 times...when his second family still had little boys in it he took female hormones and had breasts which they saw and his wife Linda was left to explain away...He married at least two wives under false pretenses...the third I think knew something was up when she saw his breasts(I would hope)while they were dating...And no once you have children "your" happiness is not as important as your children's happiness any good parent will tell you that! Bruce needed to stop marrying and stop procreating at least after the first child...he created the chaos he felt inside for a lot of innocent women an children who had done nothing wrong but love him...

Old 04-25-2015, 07:41 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,014 times
He needs to just do it and go away and live his life. I'm so tired of hearing about this. And really, do we need to hear about EVERY person who transitions? Can't people just do it and go on with their lives?

All of this is not everyone's business. Is nothing private anymore? Geez...

Old 04-25-2015, 07:48 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
I disagree that our children's happiness is more important than our own after they are grown. After the kids are out of high school, they are responsible for their own lives. And while we will always be there for them, parents must lead our own lives and make our own decisions.

How can one condemn and judge Jenner's previous decisions? Acceptance for trans people in 1984 wasn't like it is in 2015, and that acceptance still ain't great!

Jenner's 65 and hopefully she will get what she wants..."to blend in" and society will be kind to her. Her family seems to be supportive and that is wonderful.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
All of his children "tweeted" their support after the show, even the younger two. I thought the interview was well handled by both Sawyer and Jenner. I wish him the best.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:12 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,301 times
Can't help but have some compassion for an individual who was unable to live his 'authentic' life in all these years. I would imagine he is experiencing some sense of relief after this interview. I also feel empathy for the wives/children- he knew who he was prior to entering these relationships. It's just sad that they didn't.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:27 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
I don't doubt his children support him...that doesn't mean they are not conflicted or in pain over this...look how impacted his middle aged sister was...as far as a child being out of high-school gives a parent the right to do what makes them happy...is a ridiculous and self-serving belief...Bruce knowingly married and had children with 3 different women...that's just plain wrong...he used them as his beard to protect his image...at some point before 65 he had an obligation to at least stop marrying...it's just what crazy is..."doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result"...I don't wish ill of Bruce Jenner but to make himself a hero for the transgender community at the ripe old age of 65...when he could have been a hero and a trailblazer for the transgender community was two marriages and 30 years ago...he just didn't want to pay the price of his image but once he was financially secure he grew a pair of balls...(bad choice of words)...

Old 04-25-2015, 08:40 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I thought it was very telling when the quote came from the younger two Jenner girls that all they wanted was their Dad to be happy...see that's what's upside down here...Bruce's first concern should be for their happiness...not his own...and if he was very honest with himself he would have to realize the amount of unhappiness he is causing to those two young girls he chose to bring into this world...
Did you hear what Bruce said? How he put it off because he worried about his kids? It took him a long time. 65 years of putting everyone before himself. Long enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies