Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 03:18 PM

128 posts, read 177,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You mean you wanted a 'freak show' rather than an interview with just a real person?
No, not a freak show. If he feels he's a woman why not express it ? He should be showing the acceptance of what he feels he is.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:37 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat42207 View Post
No, not a freak show. If he feels he's a woman why not express it ? He should be showing the acceptance of what he feels he is.

I agree with you. It all seems half hearted.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:52 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
I haven't had on a dress or a skirt in.....gawd, I don't know how long!
Don't millions of women dress in jeans and whatever a lot of the time?
Were you confusing an everyday person with a drag queen?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I didn't watch the interview, but I do see him as a trailblazer, given that he was originally this wholesome athletic male Olympian...and now he has publicly revealed that he's transgender, and is courageously transitioning to a woman. It's trailblazing because this is the most high-profile transgender case ever. The Kartrashians are perhaps THE biggest stars in the world right now. That said, I do feel it was irresponsible of him to father children, knowing all along that he was transgender. But whatever, it's done.
I don't agree. Just because he's transgender doesn't mean he's a bad parent. It looks like he's been a good father to his children and will continue to be.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
Quote:
He let his hair down. That was his big sign. Being a woman doesn't necessarily mean prancing around in dresses and heels. I haven't worn a dress since the last wedding I attended, and I never wear heels. But I'm 100% woman.

It's not about what YOU wanted to see. It's about what Bruce is comfortable with.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:40 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,379,451 times
I prefer to remember him as the vibrant olympic athlete, not what he has become. I hope he doesn't take the drastic step of surgical genital mutilation, a procedure he can't really return from.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Quote:
That is for the second interview which will bring him more attention...oh and please he doesn't have a name...no just saving that little nugget for the next interview...Aunt Heather???

Old 04-25-2015, 06:59 PM

5,465 posts, read 8,184,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I prefer to remember him as the vibrant olympic athlete, not what he has become. .................
From the world's greatest all-around athlete, whose picture on the Wheaties box inspired kids everywhere, to a candidate for a freak show. Very depressing.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:22 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I prefer to remember him as the vibrant olympic athlete, not what he has become. I hope he doesn't take the drastic step of surgical genital mutilation, a procedure he can't really return from.
I doubt he would want to. It's not like his gender identity is an idea he's been tossing around for a week or two.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:35 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It was a good interview in my view and will go a long way to bringing about greater acceptance of the trans-community. While I once viewed this community negatively, I have since become very accepting based on what a Native American woman told me. Specifically, I was told/asked that if individuals can be born with physical bodyparts of both males and females (hermaphrodites, etc.), then why is it so strange/hard to believe that a similar process can take place internally/mentally/etc. where an individual is, for lack of better words, more female than male ont he inside, despite physical characteristics to the contrary?

Having written that, leftists are already condemning Bruce for "coming out as a Republican." So much for tolerance and "progress"

Funny, most of the comments I saw were from Republicans laughing at the fact that it must gall the liberals that he's not one of them. Honestly, I think it's good that he's a Republican. Might educate a lot of people on that side of the aisle. I'm so sick of the labels and the if-thens. If you're a Christian, then you must be a Republican. If you're gay, then you must be a Democrat. If you're black, then you must have voted for Obama. Etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies