Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 02:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

More reasons why I cut the cord and stop watching cable TV.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
OMFG.

What, pray tell, has Jenner done that transcends sports? All he's done is been fodder for tabloids. He hasn't been relevant as an athlete in 40 years. He would have been a nobody if not for his ridiculous Kardashian reality show.

What has he done to promote change? The so-called LGBT community didn't exactly start with him and it would have continued strongly without any action on his part.

As far as human rights, again, how does his angst about believing he is really a woman have anything to do with human rights? Maybe if he goes to the middle east and puts his life on the line to stand up for transgenders, maybe, but all his recent action is going to accomplish is put a wad of cash in his pocket, oh excuse me, his purse.

Lauren Hill wasn't "just a sick girl that the crowd liked to cheer on". She showed that people, especially young people who are not usually affected by terminal illness, can keep living and not give up and inspire others to do the same. I think that transcends sports very well.

Of course her accomplishments weren't on par with Ali or King. She never got the chance to live that long! Don't compare her to them though. Compare her to Jenner, who won the award this year.

Lauren was a real athlete who kept competing even knowing she didn't have long to live. How you can downgrade her life and accomplishments so dismissively is beyond pathetic. But I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Bruce/Caitlyn picking up his/her award at the Espys this year. Have to find out what designer gown "she" will be wearing.
You must have missed both my posts on the first page, where I said Hill was courageous and brave and that I didn't think that Jenner was the obvious choice. I don't think Hill is the obvious choice either. I know dozens of teenagers in the Junior Special Olympics and see their courage and perseverance in the face of adversity, sickness, and disability. Lauren Hill was certainly an admirable person.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Eh, this doesn't bother me too much. Lauren Hill showed amazing courage and strength and was actually active in being a spokesperson for sports; Jenner, on the other hand, hasn't been on the track in what seems like decades (I don't think its even fair to call her an athlete anymore). That said, the courage award isn't limited to people who are active in sports or who were even in sports. In that sense, choosing Jenner, who also showed tremendous courage in being true to who she is, is appropriate as well to me. There was no clear choice here in my view.

Having written that, perhaps they should've given it to someone else this year (not saying that this person should have automatically been Lauren Hill) as Michael Sam, another representative of the LGBT community, won last year. Still, I am not upset that Jenner won.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:33 PM

103 posts, read 82,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Give me a million bucks, you can call me a B**ch or anything, I don't care.
Considering the fact that Bruce was a "manly/macho" gold medal olympian that was already worth $100 million to begin with, I doubt this whole transition thing is a publicity stunt.
No macho gold olympian would do such a thing for millions of dollars. Caitlyn/Bruce has already started hormone therapy to zap away testosterone and build up estrogen. Who would do that for money?! I wouldn't, especially if I was already worth $100 million.
Plus, the family already has huge amounts of wealth from the Kardashian side through endorsement deals, businesses w/ Sears, a reality TV show, etc..

Old 06-04-2015, 02:51 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Last year they gave it to Michael Sams, an openly gay football player that was drafted by the Rams and cut before he could play his first game, then went into the Canadian football league.

The year before the recipient was Robin Roberts from Good Morning America and was a sportscaster for ESPN. She came out as gay in 2013 while fighting a rare cancer.
Robin Roberts deserved it, but Bruce Jenner does not.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Caitlyn has chosen to live the life as a glamours woman. At her age that's not going to be easy. They were discussing this on "The Talk" and was interesting that the women there brought up the fact that now she is going to know what it is going to be like being judged on appearance more than anything which is what women are judged on most of the time. As Julie Chen stated it shouldn't be that way but it is.

I wonder how that will effect her since previously she had been judged on her athletic prowess as a star. Right now she is like a young teenager playing with clothes and makeup for the first time. It's all new to her. I get why she is doing it and that is to show the world she can be the most attractive woman she can be. But as time goes by she might want to tone it down and appear as more a typical woman in her sixties who doesn't have pose in lingerie for Vanity Fair to prove she is the woman she has been wanting to become for so long a time.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:04 PM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
i predict she will come out as gay...
So… and … what's your point?

Old 06-04-2015, 03:10 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
Considering the fact that Bruce was a "manly/macho" gold medal olympian that was already worth $100 million to begin with, I doubt this whole transition thing is a publicity stunt.
No macho gold olympian would do such a thing for millions of dollars. Caitlyn/Bruce has already started hormone therapy to zap away testosterone and build up estrogen. Who would do that for money?! I wouldn't, especially if I was already worth $100 million.
Plus, the family already has huge amounts of wealth from the Kardashian side through endorsement deals, businesses w/ Sears, a reality TV show, etc..

You don't "zap away" testosterone and "build up" estrogen. He'll be getting estrogen for the rest of his life. Even a 65-year-old menopausal woman looks (and sounds) like a woman. Regardless of his cosmetic surgery and hormone injections, Jenner looks like what he is: a 6'2" guy with size 13 feet, in a dress.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:28 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
First a segment of our society demands the change of the definition of marriage.... soon we will eliminate gender...
You can be whatever you want... whenever you want... and your employer or the world wont be able to tell you to not go in a restroom with the opposite sex.. or get undressed with little children for the fear of being sued.
One day you will be able to marry your dog.. and have sex with it if we keep going with this kooky stuff

Bruce will have to get the operation to cut off his penis and enlarge his breasts.. from that he will have potential severe health and further psychiatric complications. His hormone therapy will subject him to higher risks for cancers and other health problems.. his plastic surgery will be dangerous

While I was for leaving him alone his desire to be in the public forum tells me he is really really sick...not only does he harm himself but as a public figure he confuses others who look at his coming out and think.. what about me .. what can I do to alter myself.. anything and everything is ok

What kind of normal person would be attracted to Bruce.... NOBODY... and anyone that would be would have serious issues of their own.

Bruce Jenner is a freak ... he will be a tortured soul forever.. and he is surrounded by freaks... he can call himself whatever..whack off his body parts and add others until the cows come home..... he is a man

Its not ok... it never will be.. no matter what society says.. nature ALWAYS wins

Old 06-04-2015, 03:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Bruce Jenner...Not Kaitlyn...is doing this for money and publicity only...period...end of story
so if there is a stupidity or greed award, then by all means give it to this freak

Bruce is NOT having HIS penis removed
Bruce is NOT sexually or romanticallty involved with Men, and doesn't want to

He is doing NOTHING that is not reversible or that he can recover from

give it a few years, he will cut the hair, remove the implants, and say "woops, I made a mistake...yeah it made me 1/2 a billion dollars and I am now LARGER than Kim..."...will he also be a hero THEN for coming back

this whole publicity stunt make me, for the first time in my entire life, want to move to the hills and not watch tv, listen to news...

sickening and pathetic...anyone who calls this money ***** a her is a complete idiot in my opinion

How many men who switch sides undergo penectomy/castration? I would think very few follow through.

How many undergo vaginoplasty? I am sure the numbers are low.

All transgender men need do to fit in cosmetically is wear a dress. They have no need to sever their manly bits as no one sees those parts unless they have a sex partner of sorts. They don't need breast implants for the reason many women are as flat chested.

These guys are still men and castration anxiety runs deeper than mastectomy anxiety. Transgender women undergo that procedure commonly.

What will Bruce's sex life be now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies