Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 09:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
and yet American Christians seldom follow it. Large parts of the Christian community are overly concerned with how others live their lives. They also teach "Do not judge so that you will not be judged." Yet, they're so judgmental.
I am sorry you don't like Christians I hope you don't mind if they pray for you anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 09:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It would have been nice if Obama had mentioned that the crusades originally began in response to Muslim aggression.
Truth is, you guys want one thing: American ground troops fighting ISIS.

Nothing Obama does or says will be good enough until he does that.

Which is why you should be paid no attention to.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:14 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sorry you don't like Christians I hope you don't mind if they pray for you anyway.
Your comment is insincere, picking and choosing what to quote is distorting the real jist of the post.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:15 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
AH yeah the crusades were 800 years ago when the world as a whole was a more barbaric place.
These ISIS idiots need to get into the 21st century or better destroyed and OUR President needs a dope slap for defending them. What the heck is wrong with Obummer? .... Actually it would be a shorter story about what is right with him.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
AH yeah the crusades were 800 years ago when the world as a whole was a more barbaric place.
These ISIS idiots need to get into the 21st century or better destroyed and OUR President needs a dope slap for defending them. What the heck is wrong with Obummer? .... Actually it would be a shorter story about what is right with him.
Go destroy ISIS then.

Bye.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Basic comprehension of what he said leads no rational human being to believe he was defending them.

The world is still a pretty barbaric place outside your suburban paradise here in the states. Just across the border from the US a couple months ago 42 school children were shot and burned...

Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Your comment is insincere, picking and choosing what to quote is distorting the real jist of the post.
It is sincere. There is no need to copy your entire post since the rest only confirmed your views of Christians. You don't like them. I get it. Again, I am sorry you feel that way.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Basic comprehension of what he said leads no rational human being to believe he was defending them.
True. How do you defend someone by saying this about them "brutal, vicious death cult that, in the name of religion, carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism "?

Old 02-07-2015, 09:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So your complaint for the following statement is he did not say "in the name of Muhammad?"

"We see ISIL, a brutal, vicious death cult that, in the name of religion, carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism -- terrorizing religious minorities like the Yezidis, subjecting women to rape as a weapon of war, and claiming the mantle of religious authority for such actions."

FWIW, I am a Christian and I had no problem with what Obama said and did not feel I or my religion was being attacked. As a Christian I know that there are lots of actions performed by Christians in the name of the religion that should be criticized and denounced.
I'm not a Christian, but it looks to me that Obama goes out of his way to avoid using ISIL and Islam or Muhammad or Allah in the same sentence. Though he had no problem connecting Christian misdeeds to 'in the name of Christ,' ISIL uses 'the mantle of religious authority' to justify its barbarism.

As neither a Christian nor Muslim, if asked to identify which specific religious followers Obama Specifically attacked more, I'd go with Christians.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The sad thing is that going back to the Crusades was totally unnecessary.

Christian tomfoolery has a far more recent past to draw from.

Do tell....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies