Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 06:14 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Ah yes, the old right "it happened in spite of" ____________ (insert democratic president here).

The flipside of the argument when things go bad for a pub president which is

"It happened BECAUSE OF.......................... the democratic congress."

True believers are idiots regardless of party.
Yes, when one looks at the cold hard facts and draws rational conclusions, one becomes a True Believer. I'm not a partisan, I am just pro-prosperity. Interesting that you did not attempt to refute the raw fact that when extended unemployment benefits were cut off, employment blossomed. And you won't give credit where credit is due for this outcome, why? Because YOU are the believer who does not need facts or evidence.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:31 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I am under the impression that George Bush was a Republican. You would not call his economic repercussions a disaster?
Not when they were the results of what Bill Clinton's administration did. Bill Clinton is the one who urged the banks to start making subprime loans. He urged them so strongly, in fact, that he threatened to prosecute them for discrimination if they didn't. Bill Clinton is also the one who signed the deregulation of the financial industry into law. So all the disaster that you leftists want to lay at the feet of Bush is directly traceable back to Democrats. Sorry, but facts are facts.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:45 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
I believe much of the "booming economy" is just a continuation of the last bubble.

The economy certainly does not justify the stock market, basically going up and up, for over 5 years straight.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:57 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Do you feel secure...???

Only those getting guberment cheese are secure...

Old 02-08-2015, 07:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You might want to read a little history before you embarrass yourself.. bush's economy was fantastic for the firs six years of his presidency. Then the Democrats took over congress his klast two years and completely destroyed the economy. then along came comrade obama to end all hope for the economy...
Thought you should take a look at this chart before you embarrass yourself any further.

Healty economy has Republicans with egg on their faces.-gdp.png

Old 02-08-2015, 11:49 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I read this and nothing new here that I didn't already know. IMO both Republicans and Dem politicians were complicit in support of loaning money to people who were high risk of default. I knew plenty of people buying homes twice the price of mine who made less than half what I made...as long as prices rose, they did well but when prices dipped, they defaulted.

The reaction of Obama, Harry, & Nancy to take trillions from taxpayers and future tax payers and giving to the rich fat cats on Wall Street was borderline criminal. Yes, I became even more rich in the process as did most wealthy. The policies they set forth have been horrible for most in the Middle Class and greatly accelerated the number of poor.

When the economy crashed, it was led into crash by Harry and nancy and when it recovered, give credit to Boehner and the Repub Congress finally reigning in the drunken sailor spending of Barack, Harry & Nancy.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Tarp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I read this and nothing new here that I didn't already know. IMO both Republicans and Dem politicians were complicit in support of loaning money to people who were high risk of default. I knew plenty of people buying homes twice the price of mine who made less than half what I made...as long as prices rose, they did well but when prices dipped, they defaulted.

The reaction of Obama, Harry, & Nancy to take trillions from taxpayers and future tax payers and giving to the rich fat cats on Wall Street was borderline criminal. Yes, I became even more rich in the process as did most wealthy. The policies they set forth have been horrible for most in the Middle Class and greatly accelerated the number of poor.

When the economy crashed, it was led into crash by Harry and nancy and when it recovered, give credit to Boehner and the Repub Congress finally reigning in the drunken sailor spending of Barack, Harry & Nancy.
Excuse me...

Bush signs TARP legislation, Oct. 3, 2008 - POLITICO.com

Old 02-09-2015, 06:20 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bush signed it (his mistake) but it was led by Nancy & Harry and then they went buck ass crazy when Obama got in the White House and they didn't have to be reasonable with taxpayer monies.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:50 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Anyone who thinks the economy tanks or grows the moment the GOP or Dem congress takes office is delusional. It's like jumping in a car for the last hour of a trip and getting blamed for the high mileage and lack of gas in the car.

Policies are implemented and it takes YEARS for them to have an impact on the economy.

It's impossible for one side to be responsible for all that is right or wrong in government.

I wish voters would grow up.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:02 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
What a foolish article. Our economy is far from healthy. The nations labor participation rate is still way below that of 2007, and at historic low levels. The fed still has interest rates at a ridiculously low rate, keeping them low to encourage investment and spending. Our govt. has twice as much debt as we did when Obama took office, is still running a large annual deficit. The average family income is still $5,000 a year below 2007 levels. Home prices haven't increased in 15 years. And I just saw this one this morning. Texas has been blessed with continued high job growth. All the other states combined have a net loss of 400,000 jobs. IMHO, if it wasn't for the growth in the oil business, our economy would have stayed dead in the water for the last 6 years, yet Obama administration keeps trying to get rid of the oil business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies