Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 04:51 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,310,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, good luck with that. Most Americans are opposed to this twisting of the Constitution.
Nope sorry, most Americans support it .

Old 02-10-2015, 04:51 PM

37,973 posts, read 17,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Try building an argument. You said, and I quote: "No one gets their rights because they are married."
I pointed out that spousal privilege is a right under the law.
Try thinking clearly. I'll say it again in hopes you'll finally get it. What was the reason. hint self incrimination. you won't understand that either. AND it has nothing to do with a a right to marriage.

Quote:
You have two options:
  • Argue that spousal privilege isn't a right, or
  • Argue that spousal privilege doesn't require you to be married.

Which is it?

In English?
Those aren't my options and more importantly have nothing to do with the false belief that marriage is a right. You're posts have gone off the deep end in your quest to be right instead of seeking the truth.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,245,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's the same thought process. If dense was a country, you'd be China.

Banning someone from marriage as well as forcing someone to accept it are equally bad. That's what you don't get.
NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO ACCEPT SSM.

Period. you can shove your finger in your ears and chant that gays are evil all you want. No one cares.

47,021 posts, read 26,101,826 times
Quote:
Banning someone from marriage as well as forcing someone to accept it are equally bad.
That argument can be leveled against any expansion of rights. Ending segregation forced business owners to accept black people in their restaurants. So what?

63,089 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Discrimination based on race = discrimination based on sex.

Marriage is a man made concept, it doesn't exist in nature.
That's like saying my rights are being violated if I don't get to do everythiing I want to. Please.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:53 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,245,775 times
Quote:
Well, good luck with that. Most Americans are opposed to this twisting of the Constitution.
Most Americans won't be ruling on the case, the supreme court will. And the supreme court precedence says that the 14th applies to marriage.

1,291 posts, read 1,527,328 times
Quote:
Try thinking clearly. I'll say it again in hopes you'll finally get it. What was the reason. hint self incrimination. you won't understand that either. AND it has nothing to do with a a right to marriage.

Those aren't my options and more importantly have nothing to do with the false belief that marriage is a right. You're posts have gone off the deep end in your quest to be right instead of seeking the truth.
Right, self incrimination - which is what married people are protected against as per contract law.

47,021 posts, read 26,101,826 times
Quote:

So, no reasoned argument? Disappointed

Married couples enjoy a lot of legal rights denied to unmarried couples. Yes, there are rights that come from marriage. Making the statement "No one gets their rights because they are married" nonsensical.

Quote:
Don't know but you cannot compare the discriminations above to SSM. It never was right to ban marriage between a man and a woman regardless of their race because marriage is identified as being between a man and a woman. All Americans as citizens should have had the right to vote. Since when has "traditional" marriage ever been about same sex couples and why should it be? One can still have every right afforded to them in a civil union as in a traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Marriage itself should not be re-defined, IMO. It's against the laws of nature for one thing.
If samesex marriages want to call it a marriage instead of a civil union let them. IMO civil union is a degrading use of the term in place of marriage. As if anyone owns marriage.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
So, no reasoned argument? Disappointed
Still avoiding the question. Laughable you were the one who brought it up but dont know the reason why. The reason always matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies