Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
This is the other thing the cultists do: try to insult intelligence and knowledge.
Why not throw in the race card while you're at it?
It's hopeless...
You racist genius, you.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:38 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dream on, my friend. You Libs are so delusional. If you look at all the programs and ideas Obama has tried to implement, they have been mostly failures. We could start with Cash for Clunkers, Operation Fast and Furious, Ben Ghazi, the IRS targetting Conservatives scandal and the list goes on and on. I don't remember Bush being involved in so many failures and scandals
The Iraq war was a major failure and hurt our military deeply.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
^Opinion pieces and biased sources claiming "phony" scandal. Like I said, a mindless cult following who thinks he can do no wrong. Imagine if Nixon had that... shutter to think.
You are arguing that something is biased while you yourself are operating under your own biased opinion.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Dream on, my friend. You Libs are so delusional. If you look at all the programs and ideas Obama has tried to implement, they have been mostly failures. We could start with Cash for Clunkers, Operation Fast and Furious, Ben Ghazi, the IRS targetting Conservatives scandal and the list goes on and on. I don't remember Bush being involved in so many failures and scandals
the fact that you are even including cash for clunkers shows your limited range of an argument.

Cash for Clunkers didnt fail, it was a rebate program. A rebate program cant fail. either you used it or you dont. the very idea of it is to give people money with the stipulation that they use it to buy a new car. If they dont by the car, then they dont get the money.

Did you people even know what Cash for Clunkers was ?????

As for President Bush's many failures, you have

1.Hurricane Katrina Response( ill go ahead and say the entirety of Hurricane responses in 2004 and 2005)

2. No Child Left behind

3. Valerie Plame leak/Scooter Libby

4.Abu Ghraib

5. the Invasion into Iraq based on false information

6. Actual warrantless wiretapping

7.12 billion Iraq reconstruction money missing/ 1.8 Billion more missing from Halliberton US contract.

8. The DC Madam, 5 Bush administration employs resigned,multiple more admitted to using her services

9.Lurita Doan violating the Hatch act and trying to us government influence to elect republicans.

10. Walter Reed Scandal

11. Sec of HUD resignation after showing political favoritism for contracts.

12.LawyerGate, which included Bush firing 12 Republican Attorneys that he had appointed, because of political bias in prosecution. many others resigned before he could fire them or chose to step down on the presidents time table.

13. President Bush paying commentators, columnist, and reporters to view his policies positively

14. Jack Abramoff

15. wiping computers in a majority of the above incidents

i could keep going ? We didnt even get to the Attorney general scandal under Bush.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:50 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Does anyone think this is just "payback" after the intense beating Bush got from almost the entire press during his presidency? I almost feel like it is. Obama is nowhere near as terrible as Bush was. The national security state was founded under Bush's watch, not Obama's, but conservatives act like Obama is the plague when there is no justification. That's why I have a feeling all the media backlash against Obama is just, for lack of a better word, "revenge" for all the 24/7 negative reporting during the Bush and GOP majority years.

When a Democrat is elected to the White House next year, will we see the same mass conservative outrage, or if a Republican is elected, will we again see the mass liberal outrage?
Nope, its not payback and I think we will see that same thing if there is a Democrat elected. While slightly less virulent, I remember Republicans did the same exact thing to Clinton they are doing to Obama.

IMHO there is one thing that pisses off the right in America more then anything and that is a Democrat who beats them in presidential elections consistently despite their best efforts.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Nope, its not payback and I think we will see that same thing. While slightly less virulent, Republicans did the same exact thing to Clinton they are doing to Obama.
That was my impression.

Quote:
IMHO their is one thing that pisses off the right in America more then anything and that is a Democrat who beats them in presidential elections consistently despite their best efforts.
Partisan politics has always been with us, but I don't remember such vitriol against Carter.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:54 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Partisan politics has always been with us, but I don't remember such vitriol against Carter.
I think that was because they could beat Carter and they knew it. That wasn't the case with Clinton or Obama. Thus my favorite part of the state of the Union.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYZFoW5NK8

Old 02-16-2015, 09:32 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are arguing that something is biased while you yourself are operating under your own biased opinion.
No one is completely without bias.
But I think it's important to keep an open mind and not take sides.
There's no denying however that Obama came almost from nowhere up behind someone (Clinton) who everyone thought would be the nominee, and has had a loyal, cult-like following of those who believe he can do no wrong no matter what happens. This is something the previous few presidents didn't have to nearly the same extent, thankfully. To deny this means one is not paying attention.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:40 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Does anyone think this is just "payback" after the intense beating Bush got from almost the entire press during his presidency? I almost feel like it is. Obama is nowhere near as terrible as Bush was. The national security state was founded under Bush's watch, not Obama's, but conservatives act like Obama is the plague when there is no justification. That's why I have a feeling all the media backlash against Obama is just, for lack of a better word, "revenge" for all the 24/7 negative reporting during the Bush and GOP majority years.

When a Democrat is elected to the White House next year, will we see the same mass conservative outrage, or if a Republican is elected, will we again see the mass liberal outrage?
There's truth to what you're saying, but the right wing went full loon on Clinton too -- even though now in retrospect many of them will admit his policies weren't that bad. I think conservatives flip out whenever they don't occupy the White House. Yes, the vitriol directed at Bush was over the top, but I think it was deserved because he was so horrifically bad. I'd like to see how the media will cover a run of the mill, competent Republican administration.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:47 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think conservatives flip out whenever they don't occupy the White House. Yes, the vitriol directed at Bush was over the top, but I think it was deserved because he was so horrifically bad.
Speaking of bias, great example. Bush deserved it!
SMH...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies