Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 02:39 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm not talking about regions, I'm talking about religion.

Was Stalin a Christian?

With all of the thousands of pictures taken of Hitler, can you show me 3 of him in church?

Were the Japanese Christian?

What does the IS stand for? I'll fill you in - Islamic State.
Christians have killed many in the name of their religion.
Ever hear of the Crusades?
How about the Spanish Inquisition?
The 30 Years War?
Salem Witch Trials?
The war in Northern Ireland?

Europe went through a 150 year period of almost continuous religious wars - with Christians killing other Christians.

Did you ever look at SS belt buckles - they say "Gott mit uns" ("God with us")
Was Hitler a religious man (Christian or otherwise)?
Probably not - in spite of his quote "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so" - but that didn't stop him from USING RELIGION.

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, p. 46

"What we have to fight for. . . is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator." [Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf, pp. 125]

Just Google "Hitler Church " - there are PLENTY of photos of Hitler with religious figures (including the Pope and various Cardinals).

There's a reason the swastika is sometime referred to as "the Twisted Cross" - Hitler perverted it to further his political ambitions. That's exactly what ISIS leadership is doing with Islam.

Religion itself doesn't generally create wars - and that's true of the current conflict with ISIS.
Religion is used as a TOOL by people who want wealth and power. They use it as an EXCUSE to take that which belongs to someone else.
That's currently true of Islam - and it's been true of Christianity.
Religion - ALL religion - has been a tool of evil folks ever since it was invented.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 02-22-2015 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 04:07 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
“since religion bore false witness to the Divine, religion was blasphemy. And once it entered into its unholy alliance with politics, it became the most dangerous and repressive force that the world has ever known.”

"But the most insidious and dangerous of false religions is secular humanism. It’s so crafty, so sneaky, with its kindness and its decency, that only Satan hisself could’ve come up with it. Well, that’s precisely what them two old peaceniks practice, and that’s precisely why they’re so offensive to the truly devout, includin’ the Moslems and the Jews."
― Tom Robbins, Skinny Legs and All

Secular Whomanism, that's wut!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 02-22-2015 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies