Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
.... Encourage the people to fight against Hamas.
With what? When Hamas took control, they took away all weapons from the civilian population. If you look closely at the Hamas parades, most of the weapons they are marching with are wood replicas or Russian guns missing their bullet magazines missing.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Why don't Israeli pack up their baggage and go back to eastern Europe where they belong to !
Go back?? Since Israel is nearly 70 years old, nearly all of it's current population was born in Israel. So the only place they belong is Israel.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:36 AM

Lets get back on track with this thread. This is what the area looks like. No permanent structures.

Source
http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.../140132618.jpg
Jerusalem plans to evict 120 Bedouin to make room for waste landfill - National - Israel News | Haaretz

It was chosen because it is a wadi (ravine) and sits at a lower level then all the cities (Israeli (left side) & Palestinian (right side)) that sit around it.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Why don't Israeli pack up their bagage and go back to eastern Europe where they belong to !
Because your grandfather in Eastern Europe rounded us up in cattle cars and sent us to the Auschwitz gas chamber to administer our final solution. Your grandfather then told the survivors to go to Palestine since they are no longer welcomed and now you what the Jews to move back to Europe?

I know I know..Your displeased with Israeli policy, I totally understand.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:13 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
This is such a simplistic, myopic view. There is no "two party solution" because the Palestinians aren't really acting of their own accord and this isn't the home grown "resistance" it claims to be. Palestinians have been misled and manipulated by outside powers, namely Iran. Israel is Iran's only realistic check on regional hegemony. And who stands behind Iran? Russia.
Partially correct but keep in mind that the PA and Hamas Charters want a judenrein Palestine.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
"Israel" steals more land from Palestinians, builds garbage dump where
their homes were, and leaves childrens homes within meters of landfill
Israel Expels 120, Seizes Private Palestinian Land for Landfill Site -- News from Antiwar.com
The Palestinians only have land if other nations are generous enough to give them some. The West Bank and Gaza strip belonged to Jordan and Egypt just a few decades ago. Why don't some of the Arab nations give them some land too? I'm sure if we look at historical maps, a lot of the region at some point in time was referred to as Palestine.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:44 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
If the Zionists admit they stole the land
They didn't. The Jews bought much of Israel from Arab land owners who who thought the land was unusable. In 1948, Arab leaders encouraged Arabs to leave homes to prepare for the war against Israel and were promised they'd get their land back after the Jews were annihilated from the area. Sadly for them, that didn't go as planned.
Quote:
Oh and if the Zionists all got up and left, I'd argue that they'd actually have significantly better lives by moving to America. Right now only 0.6% of Israel's trade is with its Arab neighbors, if I'm looking at data on this page correctly OEC: Israel (ISR) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

America is a safer , richer place and since Israel trades so little with its neighbors already, trade would be way more efficient if the people just got up and came over here.
But this scenario is wishful thinking
And thus make the entire middle east 100% Muslim controlled. Why is that important to you? The US may be a pretty good home to Jews today, but who knows what will happen in the future. History has shown that the only people who can be counted on to protect the Jews are Jews themselves.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:04 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
How can one "steal" land???
Land can be conqured, purchrsed, occupied, liberated, settled, tilled.
But "stealing", means you wait for the owner to turn his head and then, bingo, you wrap it like a carpet and take it away...
Seriously, when seeing the size of Ukrainian lands recently occupied by Putin, or Tibet by the Chinese, the Israel / Palestinian lands are laughable. Maybe a large parking lot here in US...even the entire West Bank is miniscule. Too small to write its name on maps...

Old 02-20-2015, 12:39 PM

501 posts, read 362,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
They didn't. The Jews bought much of Israel from Arab land owners who who thought the land was unusable. In 1948, Arab leaders encouraged Arabs to leave homes to prepare for the war against Israel and were promised they'd get their land back after the Jews were annihilated from the area. Sadly for them, that didn't go as planned.
And thus make the entire middle east 100% Muslim controlled. Why is that important to you? The US may be a pretty good home to Jews today, but who knows what will happen in the future. History has shown that the only people who can be counted on to protect the Jews are Jews themselves.
I've seen this "Jews bought the land" claim before, and I saw an article debunking it quite effectively. I'd Google for it and present it to you but I suspect you wouldn't care to consider it for long anyway. EVEN if it was 100% true that ALL Jewish land had been bought by the Arabs, there's no way that justifies creating a country with its own military and government and borders. If it did justify this, then you'll have to agree that every Chinatown in the United States can become its own sovereign, Chinese speaking country. That every black majority neighborhood in the United States can form its own sovereign nation.

Zionism was the invasion, the removal of the Zionists and the British Empire is what the US should have helped the Arabs do. Should have just said "Hey Zionists, come to America! It's awesome here!" Why go to a region where people hate you and see you as land thieves and justifiably so?

I love how you say "The Middle East shouldn't be 100% Muslim controlled." And then you say "Why is that important to you?" Wow you really got me there man. I've been secretly holding my pro-Muslim, pro-caliphate agenda from the forum goers, and you blew the lid off of my operation. Or, maybe it's because I don't think colonialism is justified. Maybe I don't think the French belonged in Vietnam, or the British belonged in Palestine, or in India or Africa, or maybe I don't think the Spanish should've colonized the Philipinnes. And maybe, just maybe, I'm consistent about that kind of thing.

I just finished watching a PBS Frontline documentary about the mass suffering in North Korea. Defectors go to South Korea or China and that's it. They don't escape persecution and decide to create a North Korea Defector Country in the middle of Vietnam or Nebraska.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:43 PM

501 posts, read 362,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
How can one "steal" land???
Land can be conqured, purchrsed, occupied, liberated, settled, tilled.
But "stealing", means you wait for the owner to turn his head and then, bingo, you wrap it like a carpet and take it away...
Seriously, when seeing the size of Ukrainian lands recently occupied by Putin, or Tibet by the Chinese, the Israel / Palestinian lands are laughable. Maybe a large parking lot here in US...even the entire West Bank is miniscule. Too small to write its name on maps...
When Putin and China takes land, we see it and criticize it, we sanction and punish the people doing it. When Saddam Hussein did it against Iran, we helped him, then he did it again but southwards and we ended up trying to kill him.

When the Zionists do it, we mostly helped them, or at best, stayed neutral about it. That's the problem. When the Israelis stole nuclear weapons secrets from the US (Source: CIA veteran Paul Pillar), nothing friggin' happened. Where was the punishment? When the Israelis refuse to sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty and develop 200 nuclear weapons, where was the punishment? Where were the sanctions that strangled Israel's people?

If Israel was treated like every other country, I'd agree with your point, but it isn't. The Republican party officially believes that Israel belongs to the Jews and that God Himself declared this to be true. When the GOP says that Russia and China have a God given right to the Ukraine and Tibet, then I'd agree with your point some more. But that isn't happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies