Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 03:52 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You missed the point. Obama trashed Bush for that specific no-bid contract and promised never to give a no-bid contract to that company - Obama also promised to give out less no-bids than Bush.

Obama has surpassed Bush on no-bids and gave out a no-bid to the exact same company.

The Obama groupies do not care. They chanted and fainted when Obama blasted Bush for it, they look the other way when Obama out-Bushes Bush on the issue.

To support Obama's policies in whole from 2008 to present you have to be extremely ignorant or dramatic hypocrite.

Aren't you using poorly thought out logic?

Was Lee Harvey Oswald patriotic? He had volunteered and had security clearances and later in life became well known for anti-American beliefs and the assassination.

Was Robert Henry Best patriotic? He once volunteered to serve in the military honorably and later was convicted of treason in favor of the Nazis.

Martin James Monti was having a great military career that he volunteered for until he decided to defect to the SS. Is he patriotic?

Also, you say that Wright did 2 tours in the Navy and USMC. What is your definition of a tour? He never served overseas. He spent 2 years in the USMC, before transferring to the Navy to study more in the medical field. Nothing wrong with what he did, but you seem to be distorting to prove a logical fallacy.

Shall I go on, or will you admit that logically, volunteering for service is not the end all be all for your overall patriotism score?

Bottom line:

Al Gore harshly questioned Bush's patriotism....who cares.

Obama questioned Bush's patriotism....who cares.

Bill Clinton questioned Obama's patriotism....shhhh!

Giuliani questions Obama's patriotism....blow a gasket!

Obama had friends that were literally once domestic terrorists....shhhh it might reflect upon patriotism!
What is the unpatriotic act that Rev. Wright committed? Can you not tell the difference between someone who served honorably and someone who deserted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 04:10 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What is the unpatriotic act that Rev. Wright committed? Can you not tell the difference between someone who served honorably and someone who deserted?
One can certainly argue that he has made statements that show he is unpatriotic.

Serving in the military in and of itself can be admirable - and there is nothing wrong with dropping out of college to join the military to gain a skill set as Wright did.

However, you seem to be ignoring the point that you are pushing a logical fallacy...having once served in the military does not "guarantee" that you are or are not patriotic today or overall.

If Obama didn't feel that there was at least a shred of truth to these claims and feelings against Wright - he should have stood by the man who baptized his daughters, administered his wedding, and whose church he attended for 20 years...the fact that Obama distanced himself from the man in a manner that left a bad taste in Wright's mouth - shows that Obama even thinks Wright is controversial enough.

Bottom line:

Obama had friends that were literally once domestic terrorists....shhhh it might reflect upon patriotism!

Last edited by michiganmoon; 02-25-2015 at 04:22 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 04:32 PM

963 posts, read 690,013 times
Liberals are going nuts over this because, deep in their dark hearts, they know it's true, and Guiliani is like the little boy who wasn't afraid to point out "the emperor has no clothes." He made it okay to start talking about what everybody else already knows.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
One can certainly argue that he has made statements that show he is unpatriotic.

Serving in the military in and of itself can be admirable - and there is nothing wrong with dropping out of college to join the military to gain a skill set as Wright did.

However, you seem to be ignoring the point that you are pushing a logical fallacy...having once served in the military does not "guarantee" that you are or are not patriotic today or overall.

If Obama didn't feel that there was at least a shred of truth to these claims and feelings against Wright - he should have stood by the man who baptized his daughters, administered his wedding, and whose church he attended for 20 years...the fact that Obama distanced himself from the man in a manner that left a bad taste in Wright's mouth - shows that Obama even thinks Wright is controversial enough.
Volunteering to serve and serving honorably are certainly a sign of patriotism. Yes it may not be a guarantee that one is a patriot, but so far you have provided no example of Rev. Wright being unpatriotic.

I really could care less about what Obama thinks of Rev. Wright or why or why not Obama felt he needed to denounce Rev. Wright.

Interesting that you link such a poorly written article about Rev. Wright. Rev. Wright as I have already posted in this thread declared prior to Obama denouncing him that "If you get elected, November the 5th, I'm coming after you." Rev. Wright disagrees with the Obama over the drone program. It has nothing to do with whether or not Rev. Wright has a bad taste in his mouth. The whole speech by the way is posted on Youtube by the Chicago Teacher Union itself.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Volunteering to serve and serving honorably are certainly a sign of patriotism. Yes it may not be a guarantee that one is a patriot, but so far you have provided no example of Rev. Wright being unpatriotic.

I really could care less about what Obama thinks of Rev. Wright or why or why not Obama felt he needed to denounce Rev. Wright.

Interesting that you link such a poorly written article about Rev. Wright. Rev. Wright as I have already posted in this thread declared prior to Obama denouncing him that "If you get elected, November the 5th, I'm coming after you." Rev. Wright disagrees with the Obama over the drone program. It has nothing to do with whether or not Rev. Wright has a bad taste in his mouth. The whole speech by the way is posted on Youtube by the Chicago Teacher Union itself.
I provided a link of Wright making inflammatory quotes - you dodge it by pretending to worry about grammar instead of Wright's quotes. At least you have modified your service false logic so that you would no longer support Lee Harvey Oswald as patriotic.

Bottom line:

Obama was forced to disown Wright due to Wright's inflammatory comments that millions see as unpatriotic.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I provided a link of Wright making inflammatory quotes - you dodge it by pretending to worry about grammar instead of Wright's quotes. At least you have modified your service false logic so that you would no longer support Lee Harvey Oswald as patriotic.
I wasn't questioning the grammar of the linked article, I was questioning the accuracy of the linked article. The linked article assumes a motivation for Rev. Wright's comments that the author has no way of knowing. As I have pointed out Rev. Wright pledged to criticize the Obama administration when and if the Obama administration engaged in actions he disagreed with. Rev. Wright disagrees with the Obama administration's drone policy.

So is it your assertion that the following statement from Rev. Wright's speech is inflammatory or that it supports your assertion that Rev. Wright is unpatriotic.

We need to teach the truth about our politicians, from Bush to Barack. Because very clearly it is not about the person, it is about the policies of this government. King said “I have a dream.†Barack said, “I have a drone.â€

I think its a pretty good line and although I have some concerns I general support the Obama administration's drone program.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:20 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default Guiliani on Obama: He Doesn't Love His Country

This was simply Rudy tossing some red meat to the rabid right, nothing more. They eagerly devoured it. No need for any further agonizing over this nonissue.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:29 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
The Left has gone berserk over Rudy Giuliani's comments because they know he's right and they need to punish him for it.

Ranting About Rudy
Giuliani’s criticism of Obama has sparked fury—because it rings true.
Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani’s statement about President Obama’s lack of love for America has set off a firestorm of denunciation. Giuliani has been accused of racism, and he has even received death threats.

The ranting has obscured the reasons why so many Americans take Giuliani’s remarks to heart. Starting with his June 2009 speech in Cairo, when he apologized for American actions in the Middle East, Obama has consistently given credence to Islamic grievances against America while showing reluctance to confront Islamic terrorism. In 2009, after Major Nidal Hasan killed 13 American soldiers and wounded 40 others at Fort Hood while shouting “Allahu Akhbar,” the administration labeled the killings workplace violence. In recent months, the pace of evasions has quickened. Obama was the only major Western leader absent from the massive Paris march held in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo killings. Worse yet, Obama referred to the killings in a Jewish supermarket in Paris as “random” acts of violence.

But this was only the beginning of a string of curious comments and loopy locutions made by the president or his spokespeople in the weeks that followed.

Rudy's Right And His Critics Know It

Even a 12-year-old can see the truth about Obama-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUtirCf-RfU

Old 02-26-2015, 11:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
This was simply Rudy tossing some red meat to the rabid right, nothing more. They eagerly devoured it. No need for any further agonizing over this nonissue.
I think that's backwards. It's the left that has gone rabid over Rudy's remarks. Maybe because they know - but dare not admit -- that Rudy is right?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:45 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I think that's backwards. It's the left that has gone rabid over Rudy's remarks. Maybe because they know - but dare not admit -- that Rudy is right?
Or maybe "they" don't actually think so, and there's nothing to admit.

See how easy that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies