Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 12:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times

Advertisements

[quote=FinsterRufus;38605871]Or maybe "they" don't actually think so, and there's nothing to admit.

See how easy that is?[/QUOTE

Then, why all the noise and fuss from the left?

Looks like much ado over nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 04:05 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I think that's backwards. It's the left that has gone rabid over Rudy's remarks. Maybe because they know - but dare not admit -- that Rudy is right?

If you'll take the time to read the posts in this and other threads, it will be obvious that it's the right reacting with fervor over another childish name-calling incident. And that's all this is.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:01 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Rudys just another passenger in the clown car called the Republican Party.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:52 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
But why do they see the need to continually one-up each other in the egoistic idiocy department?

Old 03-01-2015, 04:30 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Well Obama's wife DID say "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

That should have raised red flags immediately.
And Mitt Romney said he wasn't proud of America. Why didn't that raise any red flags?

Old 03-01-2015, 06:45 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I don't think Guiliani is wrong. Where I differ is that I don't care.

If Obama hold the view that America is not the greatest and should be criticized, Obama and I are on the same page. American exceptionalism is delusional. We haven't done anything remarkable in the last 20 years. We've barley done anything remarkable in the last 50.

I think the notion that Obama isn't doing what he views as best for the country is idiotic. If he hated this country, there would be no doubt that he did. He's got about 2 years of his presidency left; he's got quite a bit of work to do if he wants to ruin this nation, and frankly, if we can actually be crippled beyond repair in that short time, we deserve it.

America is not the greatest nation in the world anymore, if it ever was. Obama knows this, intelligent people know this. Everyone would like it to be. Obama likely included. He's cynical about what we are now and think he's got a better idea for America's future.

That's all this is. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a president who only ever sees America as being star-spangled ****ing awesome all the time. Reasonable cynicism is necessary if we ever want to be the best. If we continue to assume we are, we will never be.

That said, I look forward to someone other than Obama being the president. I like his character, and I think he's got some reasonably ideas, but he's not what's best for the country right now.

Tell me what country is even close. We have our problems but we are without a doubt the greatest nation the Earth has ever seen. Maybe not as great as we once were but still clearly a stand out.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,201,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Rudys just another passenger in the clown car called the Republican Party.
I agree. In his "keep America safe" speeches, Rudy is careful to never mention the killing of Osama bin Laden or credit the Democratic President, Barack Obama, that authorized the operation that accomplished that. It was only slightly over five years ago, so still very relevant.

If a GOP President had done that, it would be at least half of his speech! Hypocrisy from Rudy IMO, but he does deliver passionate speeches for the GOP base that will vote for Trump or any GOP candidate, anyways. He won't change the minds of those in the political left and center.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:02 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
You really got the GOP figured out.

Is 5 years ago relevant or not? I can't keep this **** straight. The bar keeps moving.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:10 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I agree. In his "keep America safe" speeches, Rudy is careful to never mention the killing of Osama bin Laden or credit the Democratic President, Barack Obama, that authorized the operation that accomplished that. It was only slightly over five years ago, so still very relevant.
obama had absolutely nothing to do with the demise of OBL except that he left Reggie's arms long enough to pose for a picture. He has worked hard for eight years to destroy America. He hate America, he hates whites, he hates cops, etc, etc. It would be hard to find anyone more un-Ameriucan than wimpy obama...

Old 07-19-2016, 12:39 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Did Obama ever try to rebut Rudy Giuliani on this one?

My guess is no. Or if it did, it was to contradict him in some abstract way - either way suggesting Rudy Giuliani was correct.

If someone tells you don't love something or someone that you really do love, and that ought to provoke in you only anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies