Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 11:52 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

I don't think people are aware of Giuliani's participation in the protest at City Hall back in 1992 when the police protested the proposed civilian review board. Around 6000 police blocked traffic at City Hall and the Brooklyn Bridge for a few hours and the uniformed officers did nothing. Imagine police participating in an unlawful protest about oversight.

Anyway I recall Giuliani using several profanity laced tirades against David Dinkins with the police cheering him on, glad he never came closed to being president and he never got over his failure.

Quote:
While the rowdier demonstrators refused to leave the City Hall area, most of the group crowded onto Murray Street between Church Street and Broadway, where they listened to sharply worded speeches from Mr. Caruso, Mr. Giuliani and, finally, Michael O'Keefe, the officer who was cleared by a grand jury recently in the shooting death of a Dominican man in Washington Heights. Many officers flooded the bars along Murray Street and drank openly on the street during the speeches. Bridge Blocked
At 11:40 A.M., several thousand of the officers in front of City Hall marched onto the Brooklyn Bridge, again meeting no resistance, while others joined the rally on Murray Street. Ten minutes later, the bridge was blocked in both directions with more than 2,000 officers milling on both roadways. They blocked traffic until about 12:20, when the crowd began to dissipate.
Officers Rally And Dinkins Is Their Target - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 12:08 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
^This.
So let me ask are you blind or ignoring reality?

Many have lost healthcare who are working class people. Climate deal with China....seriously, these people are the major cause of pollution and you don't know this? Yep, Iran is setup to now get nuclear capabilities in 15 yrs, not 50.

No New Wars, what do you call Syria and Libya, a coming out party?

Possibly, stop hanging out with cats so much and get updated on what is really going on.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless - Girls Just Wanna Have Guns

Old 07-21-2016, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
This is one of those topics where you just shake your head and keep it moving.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, he is after all one of those Republican 'family values' folks. After all, what says you value 'family' more than letting your wife know you're getting a divorce via press conference?
Or vote for the women who allowed her husband to bed many women and look the other way. Not sure, how she welcomed him back to her bed, when she didn't even know who he was sleeping with.

She got 10 million dollars........what did all of Bill's affairs get?

Do you have proof for your claim?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:39 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So let me ask are you blind or ignoring reality?

Many have lost healthcare who are working class people. Climate deal with China....seriously, these people are the major cause of pollution and you don't know this? Yep, Iran is setup to now get nuclear capabilities in 15 yrs, not 50.

No New Wars, what do you call Syria and Libya, a coming out party?

Possibly, stop hanging out with cats so much and get updated on what is really going on.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless - Girls Just Wanna Have Guns
I am working class...and I have not lost my insurance because of the Affordable Care Act, I honestly don't know one person who has - but I know that it has saved a lot of lives, because many people who could not get medical insurance before...now have it. Obamacare may not be perfect now, but it is a start in the right direction - you shouldn't have to receive a death sentence because you are poor, and your health fails...just like you shouldn't be forced into bankruptcy just because you get cancer.

Yes, I know China is one of the largest Polluters - but at least we have them finally acknowledging the problem and starting to correct it.

The GOP has gotten to the point that it wants to blame Obama for literally all the ills and wrongs in the world, and its almost laughable at this point.

Quote:
Really? I was a Republican since the 1980's and first registered to vote, (but I always voted my conscience, not my party affiliation) but when Trump came on the scene, and all the bigotry and racism,
ignorance and intolerance became to much to bear, I switched parties. I can't understand how any woman could ever vote for him....I actually don't understand how any human period could vote for him...the party that I joined in the 1980's no longer exists - its just a tangled mess of ignorance and intolerance at this point.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:01 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
The left doesn't HATE America. The right wing is the party that wants to take away people's rights under the guise of freedom. It's more like religious reasons the right wing is so tenacious in trying to deny People their rights. If you think Trump ,a spoiled millionaire is going to help the average person, keep dreaming. Trump has promised a huge wall that will throw us further in debt. Remember how W. Said we wouldn't have to pay for the Iraq war? He said we would use Iraqs oil. Well, you saw how that turned out. Bush left office with this country almost in the worst depression we've ever seen. Obama is who brought things back. Not a Republican.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The left doesn't HATE America. The right wing is the party that wants to take away people's rights under the guise of freedom. It's more like religious reasons the right wing is so tenacious in trying to deny People their rights. If you think Trump ,a spoiled millionaire is going to help the average person, keep dreaming. Trump has promised a huge wall that will throw us further in debt. Remember how W. Said we wouldn't have to pay for the Iraq war? He said we would use Iraqs oil. Well, you saw how that turned out. Bush left office with this country almost in the worst depression we've ever seen. Obama is who brought things back. Not a Republican.
Great partyline. Congrats, and my condolences.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:33 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Actually, Trump is a spoiled BILLIONAIRE. It is Clinton who is the spoiled millionaire.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Actually, Trump is a spoiled BILLIONAIRE. It is Clinton who is the spoiled millionaire.
Why don't you actually look at his life from the very beginning.......he actually built that! What has Clinton built? Hillary's $$$$ come from foreign investors. Hillary has built nothing and has NEVER signed the check or employed thousands of people...... big difference!

She has also allowed her husband to ruin many women's lives......... yeah! something to be proud of.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:57 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Rudy is just plain right. He's letting everybody know what some still haven't thought about regarding Obama. I knew what Barry stood for --- and still stands for --- well before he became president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies