Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 08:31 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
This Doctor did not violate that oath.

Since your so big on this oath, what are your feelings with regards to abortions? Or did you miss that part?
What are your feelings in regards to utilizing chemo to treat cancer? It kills clusters of human cells after all.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:23 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Let's face it: People intent on hating minority groups, like homosexuals, have almost never admitted the moral turpitude in their bigoted perspectives publicly. It is always a matter of condemning the offensive nature of their attitudes over an extended period of time, during which the wavering come to realize that first tolerance, then acceptance, is righteous. By contrast, the haters simply fade away, sometimes grudgingly, sometimes defiantly. The British left India after the transgressions of colonialism with head held high, no apologies, with a handshake and polite words. Many Americans can still not bring themselves to admit that many things the nation did to achieve manifest destiny were disreputable. It isn't in human nature to have epiphanies and admit wrong-doing.

Religion-backed attitudes are the most insidious in this regard. People ground their life in their beliefs and values. It is exceedingly difficult and rare to admit that the thoughts on which the person bases their understanding of what is wrong are wrong themselves, especially when those beliefs and values are a body of thought that the person swallowed whole based on a childhood or conversion indoctrination, or otherwise developed without applying their God-given reason, without relying on the evidence of their own senses.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:38 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Each bullet point references to a source listed at the bottom of the website. It isn't made up.
Yeah, it is. Do you think we were all born yesterday and haven't seen and debunked the same old conservative religious anti-gay propaganda websites like that before? How desperate can you get?

However, you can't make THIS stuff up:

Quotes from "*** facts" dude:

"I also support a ban on interracial marriage. While I am not racist, I believe that God intends people to marry within their own race. Any and all interracial marriages currently licensed should immediately be annulled, with any children born to said couple, allowed only to marry with other children of interracial couples".

"I believe in a national dress code. The National Dress Code (NDC) will be as follows:
-All persons must wear clothing from their neck to three inches below their knees when in public or in the presence of children.
-Women MUST wear dresses.
-Trousers are NOT lady-like and therefore, women ought not to wear them.
-Jeans are to be banned.
-Any profanity or sexual references on clothing will be banned.
-Businesses must comply with the NDC. Failure to do so will require business owners to sell their operation to the highest bidder.
-Failure to obey the NDC will be subject to a fine NOT exceeding $10,000 and/or up to 30 days imprisonment."

" I am completely in favor of banning the flawed and blasphemous Theory of Evolution from ever again being taught in public school"

" I like to watch Benny Hinn's This is Your Day, The Hour of Power with Rev. Robert Schuller"

"My favorite Gospel songs are: Gimme That Old Time Religion (sung by Jack Scott) and Onward Christian Soldiers."

Old 02-23-2015, 04:55 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33
"Jami and Krista Contreras ... brought their 6-day-old baby to Eastlake Pediatrics in Roseville for a checkup. But after waiting for their newborn’s first checkup, Dr. Vesna Roi refused to see them. Another doctor told the couple that Roi decided she couldn’t treat their baby because they are lesbians."
Incredibily mean....... They should sue this doctor!!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:13 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Freedom of association for the win.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I felt that I would not be able to develop the personal patient-doctor relationships that I normally do with my patients

Here is the reason, forcing someone to do something or serve someone, never works.
Force me and I am not going to give it 100%, if I give it 1%.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Where does freedom stand here?

Does one person, have more freedom than the other, in their interaction?

The Constitution and especially the Bill of Rights, does not apply to the people.
It only applies to the government.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Hate to see kids mixed up in these type of things, then again I hate to see selfish adults deny their children knowing a father or mother.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:30 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Sue her for what?

Old 02-23-2015, 09:32 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Here is the reason, forcing someone to do something or serve someone, never works.
Force me and I am not going to give it 100%, if I give it 1%.
This Dr. Roi is violting the medical code of ethics. I don't suggest she should be forced to treat homos and their families. I'm suggesting she have her license to practice medicine revoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies