Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 02:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I read the FOX article, and nothing was mentioned about unions. And why do you call them liberal unions? I know lots of union members, and while some of them tell me they prefer Democrats, I'd hardly call the liberal. Since when does wanting to bargain for compensation make one a liberal?
it doesnt.. needing someone else though to do something for you, that you should be doing, is the key point of being a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 02:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,239,557 times
That will be good news if it gets vetoed.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Why don't the Canadians suck it up and build the damn pipeline across their own country?
Um.. they are

But they need to connect it to a pipeline in our country, otherwise it'll just pour all over the ground.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,424,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So what am I, an engineer for BNSF hauling on my mile train of tanker cars? I have seen the manifests. Some of it is Bakken crude, the rest Canadian oil.
With all the profits Buffet is making, it's a good time for him to modernize his rail system, I would think.

As an engineer, what are your thoughts about this? Personally, I would really like to see a new higher speed railway running through the intermountain west. We need more and faster rail out here, for both freight and passengers. The only alternative in this neck of the woods are the Interstates and the airlines for everything else except oil, and the oil pipelines are constantly breaking and polluting another great pristine trout stream all the time here.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,149,599 times
Quote:

It's not creating any jobs or economic development. It's actually reducing our gas prices by not having it.
OMG... you can't be for real. I'll tell all my pipeline construction friends that you don't think that them making a living is important. It's nice to know that for the last 35 years that pipeline construction wasn't a real job for us.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:49 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,456,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. they are

But they need to connect it to a pipeline in our country, otherwise it'll just pour all over the ground.
Um.... no they aren't.

TransCanada's had no luck getting approval for their 'alternate' routes.

Seems it's easier finding gullible, low-info suckers like yourself right here in the good ole US of A.

Per their Energy East pipes:

Quote:
The route will not be finalized until we have assessed and incorporated input from numerous stakeholders,
including First Nation and Métis communities, landowners, local communities and provincial and federal governments.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Um.... no they aren't.

TransCanada's had no luck getting approval for their 'alternate' routes.

Seems it's easier finding gullible, low-info suckers like yourself right here in the good ole US of A.

Per their Energy East pipes:
Why did you jump all of a sudden from the main route, to non approval of an alternative route? Did the main route not enter into the discussion, and why not?

p.s. of course the route wont be finalized yet.. THEY DONT KNOW WHERE ITS GOING.. Why would you finalize a pipe to nowhere? One of the dumbest suggestions I've ever read.. Bravo on being that person who posted it.

Let me guess, government employee?

Old 02-24-2015, 03:07 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,456,167 times
Quote:
Why did you jump all of a sudden from the main route, to non approval of an alternative route? Did the main route now enter into the discussion, and why not?
Following the conversation - unlike yourself. Come on. You can read, right?
You replied to -
Quote:
Why don't the Canadians suck it up and build the damn pipeline across their own country?
TransCanada's been working on 2 other routes that also face hurdles within Canada.
I referenced Energy East project and again, you're clueless.

Quote:
p.s. of course the route wont be finalized yet.. THEY DONT KNOW WHERE ITS GOING.. Why would you finalize a pipe to nowhere? One of the dumbest suggestions I've ever read.. Bravo on being that person who posted it.

Let me guess, government employee?
Thankfully - no. It does raise issues regarding your basic comprehension and reading skills.
I guess they're not needed too much cleaning restrooms at Arby's.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Following the conversation - unlike yourself. Come on. You can read, right?
You replied to -

TransCanada's been working on 2 other routes that also face hurdles within Canada.
I referenced Energy East project and again, you're clueless.

Thankfully - no. It does raise issues regarding your basic comprehension and reading skills.
I guess they're not needed too much cleaning restrooms at Arby's.
You completely avoided the quesiton.

how can you finalize a pipe construction that goes no where? Do you even see something wrong with your argument?

Old 02-24-2015, 03:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,477,094 times
Quote:
But you'd rather the dirty oil be transported across the sea, have it leak into the ocean, killing fish.. oooh you're hell of a guy
I invite you to explain how exactly you think that oil would get to China after being loaded onto tankers in North America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies