Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Oh, you called me a leftist. That's certainly not the typical response from the right...

Look, I just fail to see how this is the most controversial issue that we could talk about. Should she have done it? Probably not. But is this really that big of a deal? I say again, no matter what email was used, the government would have no obligation to be upfront about anything it does anyway. So why get upset? Slap her hand with a ruler, make her use a new email, and call it day. And I'd say the same about a conservative doing this as well. Rules are rules, but let's be real; some rules are less important than others.
Actually, this is very appropriate for us to discuss in POLITICS and Other Controversies. The 4th in command violating federal email law is kind of a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Violation or just blatant disregard of the rule of law....

Wait until the shoe is on the other foot.....

Old 03-03-2015, 06:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Violation or just blatant disregard of the rule of law....

Wait until the shoe is on the other foot.....
Who was the 1st Sec of State to ever use the Govt e-mail system? Oh yeah, that would be John Kerry.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Lib here. There's no excuse for this, and it shouldn't be swept under the rug. She/her people screwed up big time.
Agreed.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:38 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
I am waiting for Mr Romney to let his e-mails and hard drives from his and his staff computers come out. Oh wait that was last time.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I voted for defend, though I wouldn't say I defend it. I really just don't care.

Is something like this that big of a deal, really? If it's some policy violation, just tell her to forward what she has to an official email, and stop using it. The NSA probably has access to all that information anyway, so who cares? Personal or private email; the information is still shielded form the people.

This seems like a non-issue.
I don't think it's legal. She did it as head of the State Department. Her staff picked out which e-mail she'd give to the State Department to archive. The other mail can't be touched under a Freedom of Information Act request. Plus, she set up the account right before Obama publicly appointed her. This is probably why Judicial Watch went after the Benghazi e-mail of her staff because if they were replying to her, her original e-mail to them would probably appear below their reply.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:16 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Who was the 1st Sec of State to ever use the Govt e-mail system? Oh yeah, that would be John Kerry.
Actually it was Rice. Might want to put that high five down, it looks silly when you're wrong.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:18 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Hillary not using a government issued email isn't really a big issue to me.

This is a CRIME.. Hillary should go straight to jail.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Good for John Kerry.
It has been the law. A law the passed Congress. A democrat controlled congress at that.
They though the republicans were doing what they got caught at(Lenner((deleted and tried everything to destroy them))and now Clinton((who blatantly disregarded the federal law like it didn't apply to her)

Old 03-03-2015, 07:26 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,014,952 times
If true, what she's done is plainly illegal and this should be the end of any hopes of her becoming President.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the left wing press in this country will rally around their girl and make sure she is protected.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies