Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Harf said Secretary of State John Kerry is the first in his position to rely primarily on a state.gov email account.'.

That means he DOES have another account and uses it.

I challenged the statement any way.

As I stated before I worked for the fed. gov. back in 1990 and even though I was just a lowly a peon, we had email.

It is beyond imagination that Sec. of State would NOT have NOT a gov. email system.

I'd be willing to bet even Madeline Albright had gov. email.
And I don't care about your opinions and what you're willing to bet on. I care about the FACTS. HARF, a spokesperson from the Department of State, points out the Kerry, Clinton's successor, is the FIRST in his position to rely primarily on a state.gov email account. Which suggests that Kerry's predecessors, all the way back to Albright, did NOT rely primarily on a state.gov email account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act."

"Her expansive use of the private account was alarming to current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials and government watchdogs, who called it a serious breach.

β€œIt is very difficult to conceive of a scenario β€” short of nuclear winter β€” where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,”

For four years nobody questioned her use of a personal email accoumt.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/03...?_r=0&referrer
well, she's definately learned alot from White Water, at least she doesn't have to shred anything.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Talk about equivocation.

Mrs Clinton followed both the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Her e-mails have been preserved. She's provided the e-mails as requested.

Clinton used personal email for State Department work

You will note that Mr Kerry is the first Secretary of State to use a government e-mail account to conduct the bulk of his correspondence.
There is no equivocation in correcting someone who is wrong about the government's responsibility under the law to provide certain documents to the general public upon request.

Also, her emails may been "preserved" but they have also been scrubbed by her aides at to what will be sent in for "preservation." You can't possibly call that transparency. Well, then again, look at who I'm responding too....the ultimate Obama/Clinton/Democrat apologist.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:05 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
The man who knew too much? The truth about the death of Hillary Clinton's close friend Vince Foster | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Maybe Hillary is storing her State Department personal account e-mails in Sandy Berger's pants.

For those of you that don't remember:

Former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger got community service and probation and was fined $50,000 for illegally removing highly classified documents from the National Archives and intentionally destroying some of them. He got them out of the National Archives by stuffing them down his pants.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
There is no equivocation in correcting someone who is wrong about the government's responsibility under the law to provide certain documents to the general public upon request.

Also, her emails may been "preserved" but they have also been scrubbed by her aides at to what will be sent in for "preservation." You can't possibly call that transparency. Well, then again, look at who I'm responding too....the ultimate Obama/Clinton/Democrat apologist.
E-mails have to be scrubbed in two places. Sender AND receiver. A fact you seem to want to IGNORE. But then again, look at who I'm responding to.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Private e-mail IS permitted.

Government e-mail is for government business. And if at least one of the parties is using a government e-mail account, then the government e-mail servers will preserve that e-mail automatically. If neither of the parties is using a government e-mail account, but they still have a system for preserving the e-mails, as is the case for Mrs Clinton, AND the Secretaries of State BEFORE HER, then the letter of the law is STILL being followed.
"Private e-mail IS permitted."

Like I said, we were NOT allowed to have them.

Why should ANY fed employee be allowed to have them?

Who provides the equipment?

Who pays for the service?

Who maintains it?

The answer to all is, the TAXPAYER.

EVERYTHING official you do on gov. premises on gov. time SHOULD be accounted for.

Why do you think we pay for all the archive equipment and the people to maintain it?

Old 03-03-2015, 09:20 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, she's definately learned alot from White Water, at least she doesn't have to shred anything.
No shredding required. Just break the law, then offer to return some documents (after your staff vets them) once you've been caught. Then many liberals on city-data will happily defend you. It seems every department in the Obama admin has now been caught hiding documents in some way- personal email accounts, fake names, destroyed hard drives, and the list goes on.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:21 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
So what? All the previous Secretaries of State, including Colin Powell, did the same.
Even if it were true (it isn't) that doesn't make it right but it sure sounds a lot like the "well Bush did..." excuse that the left makes for anything Obama does. You think this was an accident? That she didn't know that all records on an official email would be saved and available through the FoIA? This was undoubtedly a deliberate act to conceal her actions - more democratic "transparency".

Will MSNBC, Huffington etc cover this? Of course not, they'll ignore it or excuse it because they want her elected.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
E-mails have to be scrubbed in two places. Sender AND receiver. A fact you seem to want to IGNORE. But then again, look at who I'm responding to.
So you think we can just call up other Heads of State and foreign governments and ask them for a copy of Hillary's emails?
I think she should have just followed the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies