Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Even if it were true (it isn't) that doesn't make it right but it sure sounds a lot like the "well Bush did..." excuse that the left makes for anything Obama does. You think this was an accident? That she didn't know that all records on an official email would be saved and available through the FoIA? This was undoubtedly a deliberate act to conceal her actions - more democratic "transparency".

Will MSNBC, Huffington etc cover this? Of course not, they'll ignore it or excuse it because they want her elected.
IF, this whole thing is true....don't like Hillary at all, but after they did what they did to Herman Cain, or Kane? I am very not trusting any of them....they all dress up in their 1400 suits and do nothing good for the American people....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:09 AM

59,127 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Of course you were allowed to have them. There is NO law that prohibits government employees, federal or otherwise, from having personal e-mail accounts.

You just weren't allowed to conduct government business on private e-mail.

John Kerry is the FIRST, yes, you read that right, the FIRST, according to the State Department itself, the FIRST Secretary of State to use a government issued e-mail account as his primary e-mail. Can't get around that FACT.

And since the government business was being sent TO government e-mail accounts, the archive equipment and the people who maintain that archive didn't go to waste, did they? Because, the e-mail records are redundant. There's a record on the end of the person sending the e-mail, and there are records on the end of ALL the persons RECEIVING the e-mails.
"Of course you were allowed to have them"

How in the hell do you KNOW what we allowed to have and NOT to have?

Nov 16, 2012
"Federal law requires agencies to preserve all internal records associated with agency activities and prohibits the use of private email accounts for Government business"

Members Question Use of Secret Email Accounts by Top Obama Administration Officials | Committee on Science - U.S. House of Representatives

"
Federal CIO CouncilGeneral Services Administration
Approved - May 19, 1999

"Authority
Generally, Federal employees may use Government office equipment for authorized purposes
only. As set forth below, limited personal use of the government office equipment by employees
during non-work time is considered to be an "authorized use" of Government property.or this policy is cited as 5 U.S.C. sec 301 which provides that the head of an executive

department or military department may prescribe regulations for the use of its property"

http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SMA/fasp...l_May_1999.pdf

There you go, genius!

Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act."

"Her expansive use of the private account was alarming to current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials and government watchdogs, who called it a serious breach.

“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario — short of nuclear winter — where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,â€

For four years nobody questioned her use of a personal email accoumt.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/03...?_r=0&referrer
Dead Ambassador, illegal email accounts , what difference does it make she is a lying scum she is just following the current president

Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Nov 16, 2012
"Federal law requires agencies to preserve all internal records associated with agency activities and prohibits the use of private email accounts for Government business"

Members Question Use of Secret Email Accounts by Top Obama Administration Officials | Committee on Science - U.S. House of Representatives

"Federal CIO CouncilGeneral Services Administration
Approved - May 19, 1999

"Authority
Generally, Federal employees may use Government office equipment for authorized purposes
only. As set forth below, limited personal use of the government office equipment by employees
during non-work time is considered to be an "authorized use" of Government property.or this policy is cited as 5 U.S.C. sec 301 which provides that the head of an executive

department or military department may prescribe regulations for the use of its property"

There you go, genius!
Facts really confuse the left expect name calling now, good links

Old 03-03-2015, 11:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Nov 16, 2012

"
Federal CIO CouncilGeneral Services Administration
Approved - May 19, 1999

"Authority

There you go, genius!
I'm sure you have an Einstein IQ, genius!

Because the law doesn't prohibit federal employees from having private e-mail accounts. That is what you keep on saying.

The law wants e-mail preserved. And if Mrs Clinton's official government business e-mails were GOING OUT to government e-mail accounts, they were preserved. Moreover, since her e-mails were provided when requested, we KNOW that her e-mails have been preserved as well. And I notice how nobody is saying that Condaleezza Rice was handling her official correspondence any differently than Mrs Clinton. Nobody seems to be challenging the State Department's assertion that John Kerry is the FIRST, yes, indeed, the FIRST Secretary of State to use his government e-mail account as his primary one.

Which is why this particular line of complaint is BOGUS whining. The e-mails are archived. The e-mails are available when requested. Mrs Clinton didn't do anything differently from her predecessors.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
E-mails have to be scrubbed in two places. Sender AND receiver. A fact you seem to want to IGNORE. But then again, look at who I'm responding to.
And your entire assumption is that those who receive emails from Hillary Clinton will come forth and say "Hey! I received emails from Hillary....come take a look at my email archive!"

The only emails that will be scrubbed are those coming from her aides. No one will know about the emails that aren't provided by Hillary. "You don't know what you don't know."

I suspect even you understand the foolishness of your assertion.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Facts really confuse the left expect name calling now, good links
Funny, I always think facts really confuse people who are basing their arguments on partisanship and opinion.

FACT: The e-mails have been preserved by Mrs Clinton. If that were untrue, she wouldn't be able to supply them when requested, and she did so.

FACT: The e-mails have been preserved by the people who received them via government e-mail accounts.

FACT: The State Department has officially stated that John Kerry, who succeeded Mrs Clinton, is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use a government e-mail account for his e-mail correspondence. Which means NONE of the Secretaries of State preceding him did so. Consistency would require you to be outraged about ALL the previous Secretaries of State who used private e-mail accounts to conduct business. Hypocrisy allows you to whine only about Mrs Clinton.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And your entire assumption is that those who receive emails from Hillary Clinton will come forth and say "Hey! I received emails from Hillary....come take a look at my email archive!"

The only emails that will be scrubbed are those coming from her aides. No one will know about the emails that aren't provided by Hillary. "You don't know what you don't know."

I suspect even you understand the foolishness of your assertion.
Because no one asks other government officials for their e-mail under the FOIA. Right.........??????

Old 03-03-2015, 11:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Because no one asks other government officials for their e-mail under the FOIA. Right.........??????
Ok, i'll play along.

Why don't you tell us who all received emails from Hillary's private email account since you seem to think those emails are FOIA-able (they are). Be sure to include the names of those people that were scrubbed by Hillary's aides and never sent in for preservation. Be sure to include all domestic and foreign recipients.

We'll wait for this listing of people from you, that way I can FOIA them!

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2015, 11:28 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
I'm sure you have an Einstein IQ, genius!

Because the law doesn't prohibit federal employees from having private e-mail accounts. That is what you keep on saying.

The law wants e-mail preserved. And if Mrs Clinton's official government business e-mails were GOING OUT to government e-mail accounts, they were preserved. Moreover, since her e-mails were provided when requested, we KNOW that her e-mails have been preserved as well. And I notice how nobody is saying that Condaleezza Rice was handling her official correspondence any differently than Mrs Clinton. Nobody seems to be challenging the State Department's assertion that John Kerry is the FIRST, yes, indeed, the FIRST Secretary of State to use his government e-mail account as his primary one.

Which is why this particular line of complaint is BOGUS whining. The e-mails are archived. The e-mails are available when requested. Mrs Clinton didn't do anything differently from her predecessors.
That's not how it works. Stop trying to defend criminals all the time. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies