Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:54 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Exactly. An email law. Personally, I'm not too put off by it. Tell her to stop and call it a day. This need not be a controversy.

I don't see it as being overly scandalous. As I said, tell her to stop and move on.

You genuinely believe all government information is readily available?
"tell her to stop and move on."

WOW, Some of you are really on cloud nine.

She ISN'T THERE ANYMORE. KERRY IS THE SEC. OF STATE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 12:55 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If I found out it was W, I might care .. I really wouldn't.. I'm actually not petty, but let's just say I would care. Flagrant arrogance and scoffing the law, I'd shout perhaps. The moderates wouldn't care. They just wouldn't. They're going to see this as an incredibly stupid thing to get bent out of shape about.
I know some people will care it was illegal, there are actually people who still believe in the law

Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I know some people will care it was illegal, there are actually people who still believe in the law
It's all going to boil down to intent. There's knowingly breaking the law and then there's unwittingly doing so. So this law was passed relatively recently? Colin Powell used his personal email? So did other secretaries of state? Well then, who gives a flip? Tell her to use her official account for official business from now on and move on.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
It's all going to boil down to intent. There's knowingly breaking the law and then there's unwittingly doing so. So this law was passed relatively recently? Colin Powell used his personal email? So did other secretaries of state? Well then, who gives a flip? Tell her to use her official account for official business from now on and move on.
LMAO..Ignorance is no excuse to break the law. She knew what the law was, she chose to break it. And NO, Condi Rice did it legally. The law wasn't in place for Powell. That leaves CLINTON as the SOLE perpetrator.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LMAO..Ignorance is no excuse to break the law. She knew what the law was, she chose to break it. And NO, Condi Rice did it legally. The law wasn't in place for Powell. That leaves CLINTON as the SOLE perpetrator.
I can read your passion for this. Still, it's just not going to rouse the moderates much. Go ahead and keep trying to make "email-gate" happen, and please don't be disappointed when it doesn't. I knew way back when that Rev. Wright's sermon wasn't going to sink Obama, and I can tell you know ... this one's going nowhere fast. It doesn't even have the sexy factor. This is just bad. What's next? She took home pens purchased for the office?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:04 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
She created the e-mail account the day of her hearings. This wasn't an accident, she created the account to use for this purpose.

Quote:
And — not that shoe-on-the-other-foot comparisons have much power to embarrass in politics these days — but it contrasts with Democrats’ howls of outrage over disclosures that operatives in the George W. Bush White House conducted official business on private e-mail accounts.

Indeed, Clinton herself was once worked up about this very issue. “We know about the secret wiretaps, the secret military tribunals, the secret White House e-mail accounts,” she said back then.
So what to make of the revelation that Clinton avoided official e-mail entirely while at State? This had to be a deliberate decision. After all, the issue of the Bush e-mails was still in the news.
And, as The Washington Post’s Philip Bump reports, the e-mail domain clintonemail.com that she appears to have been using was created on Jan. 13, 2009, the day Clinton’s confirmation hearings began.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...a99_story.html

Old 03-03-2015, 01:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
I can read your passion for this. Still, it's just not going to rouse the moderates much. Go ahead and keep trying to make "email-gate" happen, and please don't be disappointed when it doesn't. I knew way back when that Rev. Wright's sermon wasn't going to sink Obama, and I can tell you know ... this one's going nowhere fast. It doesn't even have the sexy factor. This is just bad. What's next? She took home pens purchased for the office?
Like I said, too many people don't care if their elected officials break laws that you or me would be in trouble for. It's as if people WANT to be ruled by a dictator. It's shameful and dangerous.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Like I said, too many people don't care if their elected officials break laws that you or me would be in trouble for. It's as if people WANT to be ruled by a dictator. It's shameful and dangerous.
I'm not so sure you or I would get in trouble for this, Sour. If we were low level State employees conducting official business on personal email, this would only become an issue if it caused a problem. If it didn't cause any international incidents, I think we'd get away with it. If caught, we'd be told not to do it again and that would be that.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If we DON'T know who Hillary sent or received e-mails from because we don't have them, how ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO TO CONTACT?

The more you say the deeper hole you are digging yourself into.
WE DO HAVE THEM.

There are e-mails in the archives coming from and going to Mrs Clinton's private e-mail address.

If I send you a text from my phone to your phone, and I delete the text from my phone, have I deleted the text on your phone, too?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
My money had her as easily the next president, hands down. Now I won't vote for her, and she will unlikely win the election if she somehow manages to be nominated. Real bad moral lapse.

It is unconscionable that she ignored this very important legal requirement. I work in an industry where every single piece of correspondence/communication/email/tweet etc. is archived for ten years. It better be there when the authorities go looking, or you are toast.

And my industry is nothing compared to the State Department. Hillary should have known better, and if she didn't, she is too dumb to be President.
Yes, imagine following the same protocols your predecessors did. How stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies