Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 03:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Did you share the same compassion for those who lost insurance due to ACA's passage? Please point out a few postings of you sharing your concern because I'd like to read about it.
I wasn't always pro-Obamacare, but a majority of those that lost healthcare due to Obamacare in 2013 lost those Swiss cheese-like individual market plans with lots of holes and exceptions. I know Mother Jones is liberal but there was a good explanation by them on this topic and why Obama was unjustly attacked by conservatives over the misinformed "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan." The Real Story Behind the Phony Canceled Health Insurance Scandal | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 03:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I wasn't always pro-Obamacare, but a majority of those that lost healthcare due to Obamacare in 2013 lost those Swiss cheese-like individual market plans with lots of holes and exceptions. I know Mother Jones is liberal but there was a good explanation by them on this topic and why Obama was unjustly attacked by conservatives over the misinformed "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan." The Real Story Behind the Phony Canceled Health Insurance Scandal | Mother Jones
Millions lost insurance.. thats MILLIONS..

We had 32 million uninsured, per Obama.. we now have 8 million who might lose insurance subsidies, and we still have nearly 40 million uninsured. I think the last count was something like 42 or 46 million... I dont remember which figure it was at the moment but it was in the 40's....

To claim that many had garbage policies is a bold face LIE..

Old 03-05-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You can thank Democrats for that. They wrote the law to specifically have exactly that effect.
Who based it off of Conservative options in reply to Ted Kennedy's Universal Healthcare, the Clinton plan or even RomneyCare.

Quote:
I doubt that will happen. According to liberals, White southerners are on welfare and would already have Medicaid anyway.
And yet of those potentially effected by the removal of subsidies in heathcare.gov exchange states, 61% of them are white southerns.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
I wasn't always pro-Obamacare, but a majority of those that lost healthcare due to Obamacare in 2013 lost those Swiss cheese-like individual market plans with lots of holes and exceptions.
That's a crock of ****. I and many like me lost our very inexpensive catastrophic plan that worked extremely well for us because we're fit, healthy, have no chronic diseases, and could afford to pay out of pocket for routine medical care. Others lost inexpensive policies that didn't provide for maternity care, etc., well-child checkups, etc., because they're male and childless.

The ACA BS is like forcing everyone to drive an expensive Lexus when many can get by just fine with a Ford Taurus.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Who based it off of Conservative options in reply to Ted Kennedy's Universal Healthcare, the Clinton plan or even RomneyCare.
Lie.. the Republican option was to allow people to SAVE THEIR OWN MONEY, and get tax CREDITS for doing so, things like expand individual health savings accounts

Thats the complete opposite of ACA which gives punishments, and subsidies..

Stop repeating the Democratic lie they try to put out everytime ACA is shown to be a failure.
Quote:
And yet of those potentially effected by the removal of subsidies in heathcare.gov exchange states, 61% of them are white southerns.
Would it matter if they were black? I'm not sure why this holds relevance. The law is color blind, or so it should be.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Why did they do that? No one but themselves to blame. The ACA is unpopular still to this day.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Old 03-05-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lie.. the Republican option was to allow people to SAVE THEIR OWN MONEY, and get tax CREDITS for doing so, things like expand individual health savings accounts

Thats the complete opposite of ACA which gives punishments, and subsidies..

Stop repeating the Democratic lie they try to put out everytime ACA is shown to be a failure.
Would it be a lie if that evil liberal website and magazine known as Forbes would write an article that stated Obamacare was heavily influenced by a proposal the Heritage Foundation (a conservative think tank) made to fight Ted Kennedy's Universal Health Care?
How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate - Forbes

Old 03-05-2015, 03:25 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
There are many health conditions were constant treatment is needed. Severe carpel tunnel syndrome is another example. The ER wont treat the cause (Er's treat the symptoms, which is different from the cause) of a health issue if the health issue will not cause the loss of life/limb.
They won't treat the cause...well no crap...why the hell do you think it's called an EMERGENCY room...

Glad you moved the goal post....

Quote:
This example goes to prove that with out health insurance the health care he needs(the actual surgical procedure) will not be given. He now has a job with insurance and is looking to have a procedure done to help him.
Good, glad to hear..

Quote:
I also know what it is too. I also know that if it was not for the health insurance of my parents at the time and the ACA, I would not have gotten the procedure done and going to the ER was not going to get it done either
Sorry, but it will, if it is diagnosed that it is needed, then it will....unless you go to the ER saying, here is my problem, I know the problem....

Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that this will come down to exactly what happened with Medicaid expansion. I have a feeling that it will be up to individual states to determine whether or not they will take the federal subsidies or not.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
That's a crock of ****. I and many like me lost our very inexpensive catastrophic plan that worked extremely well for us because we're fit, healthy, have no chronic diseases, and could afford to pay out of pocket for routine medical care. Others lost inexpensive policies that didn't provide for maternity care, etc., well-child checkups, etc., because they're male and childless.

The ACA BS is like forcing everyone to drive an expensive Lexus when many can get by just fine with a Ford Taurus.
I don't disagree that ACA is bloated and prices are higher but they historically raised too. Now we just blame Obama rather than inflation for price increases year to year. FYI I am mostly healthy but had a bought with a Gallbladder inflammation just about a month ago. I couldn't pay out of pocket for that with one of those low paying plans nor out of pocket. Thankfully I had an ACA complaint plan FYI, still have a good amount of debt to pay off despite insurance.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I don't agree that ACA is bloated and prices are higher
When more insurance coverage is mandated than one needs, of course it's bloated and the prices are higher. Are you daft?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies