Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 03:49 PM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The 'accrued growth' on their contributions is exactly 0.00%!
Only because the federal government is a poor steward of collected contributions. That's not seniors' fault so you can't hold that against them.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why not? A lot of people paid very little in. I have no problem with them getting credit back for that. But seniors have no problem with killing the ACA/Obamacare.

Come on. You have to know how hypocritical it is. You have to know how undeserving it was to give seniors Medicare Part D; it was completely unfunded. Where were the protests?

I absolutely am amazed at how much rationalization is taking place when it comes to Medicare when your own political party - the Republican Congress - just told you they want to reduce Medicare benefits and increase Medicare costs.

You're going to pay more and maybe a whole lot more. Those are the breaks. You hate the ACA/Obamacare, fine.

But you need to admit what an incredible drag on the budget you have been and that needs to stop. When your premiums and copays jump through the roof, when your voucher doesn't even cover half of a decent medical coverage policy, you can look in the mirror and say "You Built That".
That Republican budget is a dream, a ploy, nothing else. Any party that voted to destroy Medicare would be voted out of office. Immediately. And they know that.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only because the federal government is a poor steward of collected contributions. That's not seniors' fault so you can't hold that against them.
Sure we can. You were voters. It's on you. Now you should pay the price.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
That Republican budget is a dream, a ploy, nothing else. Any party that voted to destroy Medicare would be voted out of office. Immediately. And they know that.
Why do you think you deserve Medicare but no one else should have the ACA/Obamacare? Why? Because you're special? You didn't pay for it.

If you think Republicans want you to have health coverage when they could put that money toward wars, you are clearly mistaken. They will find a way to frame it but your costs are going up and vouchers will privatize Medicare. Free Markets!

Old 03-19-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Before 1980? Maybe. Currently and for the last 35 years? Not so much...
Are you seriously bragging about half? That it eventually made it to half?

Old 03-19-2015, 04:06 PM

18,831 posts, read 8,486,845 times
Quote:
Our monetarily sovereign Federal Gov't does not need to invest in its own currency!

Any 'gains' made with Federal money are exactly what would be taken from the private sector.

Do you see the nonsense?

You do need to read up on modern money and the true nature of our sovereign fiat.

I would refer you to anything written by Cullen Roche.

I hold nothing against seniors. I will officially be one in 9 months!

And I will receive roughly 2-3X in Medicare benefits before I croak, compared to what I put in. Same as it ever was. Medicare is the great equalizer.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Why do you think you deserve Medicare but no one else should have the ACA/Obamacare? Why? Because you're special? You didn't pay for it.

If you think Republicans want you to have health coverage when they could put that money toward wars, you are clearly mistaken. They will find a way to frame it but your costs are going up and vouchers will privatize Medicare. Free Markets!
Nope, they'd lose 50mil votes right off the bat. Plus another 10mil-20mil who are on the verge of collecting Medicare.

And then there are the millions of families that would somehow have to find the money to pay for older relatives health care.

Vouchers for Medicare are DOA. No insurance company would accept them for full payment anyway. This is one group that the insurance companies don't want. Thats how Medicare started anyway.

A better fight on your part would be for Medicare to be allowed to negotiate drug prices.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Nope, they'd lose 50mil votes right off the bat. Plus another 10mil-20mil who are on the verge of collecting Medicare.

And then there are the millions of families that would somehow have to find the money to pay for older relatives health care.

Vouchers for Medicare are DOA. No insurance company would accept them for full payment anyway. This is one group that the insurance companies don't want. Thats how Medicare started anyway.

A better fight on your part would be for Medicare to be allowed to negotiate drug prices.
I see no Medicare recipients willing to give up Medicare Part D. They suck up these benefits like there's no tomorrow.

Do you support the ACA? I'm sure you don't. And that's the hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post

And I will receive roughly 2-3X in Medicare benefits before I croak, compared to what I put in. Same as it ever was. Medicare is the great equalizer.
I would rep you more if I could. On this one, however, I will say health care is the great equalizer. If you are sick, that's it. And if no one has health coverage, suddenly the vision clears.

Health coverage is not like car insurance. You can hire a car but you only have one body. And that body can work and generate revenue, or it can whither and die.

Seniors may think they are the only ones that deserve health coverage even though they acknowledge they contributed little and cost much. But anyone that gets sick, anyone, is going to suddenly be humbled and afraid.

Last edited by Seacove; 03-19-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 03-19-2015, 04:16 PM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Are you seriously bragging about half? That it eventually made it to half?
No. I'm just saying that women paid the Medicare tax, too. You alleged otherwise.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I see no Medicare recipients willing to give up Medicare Part D. They suck up these benefits like there's no tomorrow.

Do you support the ACA? I'm sure you don't. And that's the hypocrisy.
Drop a lot of the Part D suck by negotiating drug prices.

My daughter is on ACA. Its a good deal for her. Whats not to like? It could be better though. Much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies