Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:55 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times

Advertisements

Once again, Democrats love crying when it is their person being held up, but Edwin Meese took 13 months and had to be nominated twice by Reagan. And the Democrat Senate blocked three Bush court nominees (Brown, Owens, Pryor) from when he nominated them in 2003 until McCain's Gang of 14 confirmed them all in summer of 2005.

Cry me a river over Lynch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 03:11 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He's right this is an embarrassment.

Obama on Loretta Lynch delay: Embarrassing - CNN.com
Then instead of complaining, the dems should have done something when they were in charge....

Old 04-17-2015, 03:18 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Once again, Democrats love crying when it is their person being held up, but Edwin Meese took 13 months and had to be nominated twice by Reagan. And the Democrat Senate blocked three Bush court nominees (Brown, Owens, Pryor) from when he nominated them in 2003 until McCain's Gang of 14 confirmed them all in summer of 2005.

Cry me a river over Lynch.
Ed Meese shouldn't have taken that long but he was being investigated, still that should not be the standard and it goes back 30 years. Several of Reagan's appointees were indicted or convicted so you can understand some scrutiny of this appointment, not excusing it but that was several decades ago.

The bottom line is that she is a superb candidate and should have been approved months ago before this bill even came up for vote. I would have thought they would be anxious to get rid of Holder.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ed Meese shouldn't have taken that long but he was being investigated, still that should not be the standard and it goes back 30 years. Several of Reagan's appointees were indicted or convicted so you can understand some scrutiny of this appointment, not excusing it but that was several decades ago.

The bottom line is that she is a superb candidate and should have been approved months ago before this bill even came up for vote. I would have thought they would be anxious to get rid of Holder.
Do you have the ability to provide a link to anything you say?

Then, as you say, the bottom line, she should have been approved while the DEMS were in charge..

LOL...

You won't answer my posts.....because you know I'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I have no problem with my taxes paying for abortions for these women who cannot afford them. It would be one hell of a lot cheaper than paying for the wars that Republicans like to start.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:36 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have no problem with my taxes paying for abortions for these women who cannot afford them.
It would be one hell of a lot cheaper than paying for the wars that Republicans like to start.
It's exponentially cheaper than what NOT allowing the abortion will end up costing us.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you have the ability to provide a link to anything you say?

Then, as you say, the bottom line, she should have been approved while the DEMS were in charge..

LOL...

You won't answer my posts.....because you know I'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they put her through the confirmation process in December with lame a duck congress you would have been claiming the emperor has done it again, many on the GOP said as much. Two months is a short time in any case who would have thought that we would be sitting here in April going into May and still no hope. No one has questioned her credentials just plain politics and putting the American people second.

Quote:
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) issued a political call to arms for conservatives, saying
that outgoing senators should not vote on the nominee during the post-election
lame-duck session. “Allowing Democratic senators, many of whom will likely have
just been defeated at the polls, to confirm Holder’s successor would be an abuse
of power that should not be countenanced,”
Cruz said in a statement.
Attorney general confirmation process is fractious even before it

Old 04-18-2015, 07:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking McConnell: No Lynch vote unless Democrats relent on bill

GOP senate leader: "We're making the confirmation of the attorney general all about restricting abortions."

Who says he's a little "slow?"

Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 AM

Maybe the lefties should also go on the hunger strike with there leader - sharpton....

Yea, that'll get it done....maybe the repubs can make it last another year or so....

Old 04-18-2015, 09:06 AM

Mitch McConnell says he will allow a vote right after the trafficking bill, makes a lot of sense obviously you can see the connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies