Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:05 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yep... I've been a vegan since about nine or ten... and I'm getting long in the tooth now... nothing with eyes passes my lips except potatoes!
How do you wash your hair????

No tires???

No plastic???

Old 03-30-2015, 04:06 PM

950 posts, read 924,690 times
The huge chicken plant where my neighbor works have rotating scissors that cuts off the heads as they go down a powered line hanging upside down.

About the same way as my Grandma did it when she chopped the heads off while butchering.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:13 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
I have never, nor will I ever, condone cruelty to animals. I don't recall stating that I do. I'm just going to leave this response there.

If you refer back, I was responding to another post by the OP, not the original post. It began with "Did you know that if the entire world were vegetarian.." Again, I'll leave it at that.

Again, I don't condone cruelty to animals and I'm not sure where I imply that I do. Also, it is inappropriate for you to insinuate that I am okay with pigs being raped. Seriously? This type of comment is highly ignorant and defamatory of my character. Thanks for that. Eating meat does not make me a heartless killer of animals.

Agree 100%.

This thread also has nothing to do with bed wetting or fire starting, so..

Other points, fair enough. Problem is that everyone has a different definition of "humane". I have no problem with hunting and humanely killing an animal for food. One shot, down. No suffering. The difference is that someone else may not find that humane at all because the animal was shot in the first place.

Everyone has their own perspective on what is considered humane and what isn't. Do I believe that breaking the wings and legs of chickens ready for slaughter is humane? Of course not. But I also don't believe that vegetarianism is the only logical response to said abuse.

The posts from individuals encouraging sourcing your meat from local, well-known distributors with a solid reputation is the best course of action. I follow the same practices.

Dude, we essentially agree.

I only mentioned bed wetting and fire starting because the FBI's VICAP unit has profiled serial killers and found this triad of symptomology.

You are against needles torture of animals. I am not a hunter, but I understand that some people not only enjoy it, but use it as a way to feed their families.

Agree with the locally sourced food ideal, also.

Vegetarianism is one response to institutionalized animal abuse. It is not the only one.

I am not categorically against hunting or eating animals that were killed humanely. While everyone may have their own idea of what is humane and inhumane - can we agree that torturing an animal or raping one - in the case of mammals, is some sick crap?

Would support reforms that would make this kind of brutality illegal? I am curious...

Old 03-30-2015, 04:22 PM

194 posts, read 183,104 times
Attached is 54yr old lifelong vegan bodybuilder Roy Hillegan. Also attached is yours truly, also vegan, (5'8, 235lbs). Since ceasing meat consumption I've lost (0) size/strength but I have lost significant bodyfat.

There is no legitimate medical reason to consume meat. In fact, there alot against it.
Attached Thumbnails
Chickens in Slaughterhouses routinely tortured and abused-roy-hillegan-54yrs-old.jpg   Chickens in Slaughterhouses routinely tortured and abused-me.jpg   Chickens in Slaughterhouses routinely tortured and abused-me2.jpg  

Old 03-30-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnKrunkin' View Post
Attached is 54yr old lifelong vegan bodybuilder Roy Hillegan. Also attached is yours truly, also vegan, (5'8, 235lbs). Since ceasing meat consumption I've lost (0) size/strength but I have lost significant bodyfat.

There is no legitimate medical reason to consume meat. In fact, there alot against it.
So we should just throw the meat away????

Old 03-30-2015, 04:29 PM

194 posts, read 183,104 times
Give it to your dog(s) they have a carnivore digestive system. You don't.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:29 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
How do you wash your hair????

No tires???

No plastic???
I use Dr bronners or glycerine based.. vegetable based product

I don't eat tires.. I do drive on them

I dont eat plastic ... I do use plastic.. recycle it as much as the stream will take

Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I use Dr bronners or glycerine based.. vegetable based product

I don't eat tires.. I do drive on them

I dont eat plastic ... I do use plastic.. recycle it as much as the stream will take
Then you use animal products.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
People are going way off topic here. The post was about brutality in slaughter houses. Not the superior hearth of vegans. Or 200 plus lb body builders.

There are people who eat meat who also find the content in the OP to be cruel and disgusting.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
People are going way off topic here. The post was about brutality in slaughter houses. Not the superior hearth of vegans. Or 200 plus lb body builders.

There are people who eat meat who also find the content in the OP to be cruel and disgusting.
True.........I am one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies