Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 01:02 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,666,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I really find it hard to believe you are a physicist at one of the left wing state universities. You argue at such a low level, and your writing is simplistic and unrefined. I mean, I guess it could be true, but it just doesn't seem likely, given the lack of sophistication and style in your written expression.
I'm a physicist not a writer. I post on this forum for entertainment purposes. Often times I post on here half awake as I am falling asleep. Half of the posters on here can barely comprehend high school level writing so why would I write in a more formal manner? I also don't see how the politics of the state has any relevance. I have also been one of the only posters in this entire thread to provide logical points and a logical argument, so I really don't know what you are talking about.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:10 AM

"Eating animals seems to most people to be in their interest because they like it. Unlike other victimized populations, animals can't protest and they can't explain to us why what we're doing is wrong. And most people don't confront the arguments for vegetarianism. And even those people who do hear the arguments, I think find their own practices reinforced by the behavior of all those around them. So if you look around yourself you see these people you know, these models of good people, and they're eating meat. How could it be wrong when everybody is doing it? Well, I think that's the way that Southerners thought in the American South in the first half of the nineteenth century about slavery. It was in their interests to have slaves, they constructed a lot of feeble rationalizations, that everybody else was doing it, all the nice people they knew kept slaves. And they managed to, by reinforcing each others behavior, perpetuate the practice until, from the outside, they were forced to stop it. "- Jeff McMahan

Old 04-05-2015, 01:12 AM

Simple logical argument for vegetarianism:

1. It’s wrong, other things being equal, to be the cause of avoidable suffering.
2. Meat-eating causes avoidable suffering.
3. Therefore, meat-eating is wrong.

-https://thinkingreed.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/a-simple-argument-for-vegetarianism/

Old 04-05-2015, 01:14 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,230,174 times
Such an erudite soul as Iaskway should be concentrating on his scientific community developing GMO products or he and hid vegan friends will eventually have to resort to wild game just to get some real food.
Even though he mentioned over population of humans hee never did reply to my question as to what will be done with all the animals if no longer used for food.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Such an erudite soul as Iaskway should be concentrating on his scientific community developing GMO products or he and hid vegan friends will eventually have to resort to wild game just to get some real food.
Even though he mentioned over population of humans hee never did reply to my question as to what will be done with all the animals if no longer used for food.
Do you know what a physicist does? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't involve creating GMOs. Why do we need to work on GMOs anyway?

I didn't answer your question because it was absurd. There are so many animals because people breed them to eat. If people didn't breed them their populations would quickly dwindle.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:25 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,152,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Simple logical argument for vegetarianism:

1. It’s wrong, other things being equal, to be the cause of avoidable suffering.
2. Meat-eating causes avoidable suffering.
3. Therefore, meat-eating is wrong.

-https://thinkingreed.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/a-simple-argument-for-vegetarianism/

You have to wonder if plants feel pain when they're ripped from the ground and fruit is ripped from their branches?

Old 04-05-2015, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
You have to wonder if plants feel pain when they're ripped from the ground and fruit is ripped from their branches?
No you don't. First, they don't feel pain. Second, animals are certainly more aware and feel more pain than plants. Third, it takes many more plants to make a burger with 20 grams of protein than it takes to make plant food with 20 grams of protein. Food animals don't live off of air. Even if plants did feel pain it would still be unethical to eat meat and ethically justifiable to eat plants given the above argument.

Do you know what the purpose of fruit is? Plants "want" their fruit to be eaten, it is how certain plants reproduce. It is in the best interest of the plant for the fruit to be consumed by animals, that is why it is sweet.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:44 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,261,881 times
another anti-meat agenda driven thread,,,,

vegans are only 3 % of the population, and 84% that try to go vegan revert back to a more healthy diet of meat

did you know ??

the human race would have been extinct if we didn't eat meat?? so thank your carnivore ancestors!!

did you know ... fanatical vegan parents have starved/killed their own children???

'Vegans' Get Life for Starving 6-Week-Old Son - ABC News

did you know...eating meat is healthy??

7 Evidence-Based Health Reasons to Eat Meat

and here is more reading enjoyment.... from holistic people
why NOT to become a vegetarian

Why You Shouldn't Be a Vegetarian

and here is an article,,,raising beef is good for the environment/planet

Actually, Raising Beef Is Good for the Planet - WSJ

you vegans,,,,do an incredible dis-service to all the farmers and store and restaurant workers...who abide by humane food handling practices..
I know, you want to pink slime the whole meat world... one broad brush,,,but it isn't reality,,,many farmers and processors treat the animals humanely..

Old 04-05-2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
another anti-meat agenda driven thread,,,,

vegans are only 3 % of the population, and 84% that try to go vegan revert back to a more healthy diet of meat

did you know ??

the human race would have been extinct if we didn't eat meat?? so thank your carnivore ancestors!!

did you know ... fanatical vegan parents have starved/killed their own children???

'Vegans' Get Life for Starving 6-Week-Old Son - ABC News

did you know...eating meat is healthy??

7 Evidence-Based Health Reasons to Eat Meat

and here is more reading enjoyment.... from holistic people
why NOT to become a vegetarian

Why You Shouldn't Be a Vegetarian

and here is an article,,,raising beef is good for the environment/planet

Actually, Raising Beef Is Good for the Planet - WSJ

you vegans,,,,do an incredible dis-service to all the farmers and store and restaurant workers...who abide by humane food handling practices..
I know, you want to pink slime the whole meat world... one broad brush,,,but it isn't reality,,,many farmers and processors treat the animals humanely..
Hahaha thanks for the laugh. What a joke.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:49 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,152,733 times
^^

So how do you really feel about animals eating other animals? Why is ok for a lion to eat a cape buffalo calf?

Why do Californians like yourself hate farmers that grow your vegetables, but eat the vegetables, but waffle back and say they shouldn’t get any water, but under the same breath buy the vegetables that may or may not lead to bee decline, but under the same breath say that everyone shouldn’t eat meat, because we can grow enough vegetables.

How’s that for a run on sentence?

IMO liberals are some of the most disconnected people when it comes to understanding where their food comes from. They all seem to think it grows on the roof of Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies