Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 11:47 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,219,883 times

Advertisements

Jeeeeez ....... I'm open-minded, but as we used to say, not to the point where my brains are spilling out. New O

Quote:
Assistant Dean Tells a Project Veritas Investigative Journalist that the University Would Allow an ISIS Terrorist to Hold a “Training Camp” on Campus, Saying: “It Would be Like Bringing in a Coach to do a Training on a Sports Team”

Assistant Dean for Students Freely Gives Advice on how to Obtain University Funding to Send Care Packages to ISIS and Hamas............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 12:29 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,473,188 times
A slightly different take on this: Cornell Daily Sun

Old 03-30-2015, 12:31 PM

45,959 posts, read 27,593,320 times
This is the type of stuff that tells me God is distancing Himself from us.

When we start doing damage to ourselves - that can be a part of God's judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I believe the rebuttal by the school mentions nothing about it being a false report... just a misunderstanding.

Yeah right.

From the OP's article...

In O’Keefe’s latest video, Scaffido is captured on hidden camera advising the Project Veritas journalist not only how to start the club, but how to obtain funding to send care packages to ISIS and Hamas, and astonishingly, how to bring a member of ISIS to Cornell to run a “training camp.” Indeed, Scaffido went as far as to say: “It’s just like bringing in a coach, to do a training on a sports team or something.”

Yeah - they don't support ISIS, but we are OK with sending money and care packages and letting them sharpen their beheading equipment.

Something is wrong with these people...

Old 03-30-2015, 12:38 PM

39,503 posts, read 27,881,718 times
This is exactly what he said in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wF9FVxV9w

Old 03-30-2015, 12:44 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,257,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Jeeeeez ....... I'm open-minded, but as we used to say, not to the point where my brains are spilling out. New O
This is what the upper levels of education has become. Cut peoples heads off, run a training camp in the name od ISIS and their religion, fine, but if someone wants to Christian prayer group denounce them

Old 03-30-2015, 12:44 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,219,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Thanks ..... but this simply says it was shoddy and unethical journalism, not that it was false. That's the same sort of response made by the meat industries when videos are made of inhumane practices in factory farming.

It may be that Cornell University does not officially share the assistant dean's views, I don't know - they don't seem to have directly rejected what he said.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:47 PM

68,411 posts, read 54,715,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is the type of stuff that tells me God is distancing Himself from us.

When we start doing damage to ourselves - that can be a part of God's judgment.
You believe we've just started doing damage to ourselves? The Civil War (among other things) ring a bell?

Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 PM

45,959 posts, read 27,593,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You believe we've just started doing damage to ourselves? The Civil War (among other things) ring a bell?
no - but at least we agree we are indeed damaging ourselves with this lunacy.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:05 PM

53,547 posts, read 35,279,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
This is what the upper levels of education has become. Cut peoples heads off, run a training camp in the name od ISIS and their religion, fine, but if someone wants to Christian prayer group denounce them
microagressions also must be dealt with most harshly.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,558,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
no - but at least we agree we are indeed damaging ourselves with this lunacy.
The only lunacy I see is thinking the God of Abraham picks sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies