Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There is proof as to whether or not Harry lied. The IRS has it, but it is illegal for them to release it. Mitt has it, but he apparently does not want to "prove" Harry was lying.
The burden of proof lies with the person making the accusation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Barack Hussane Obama hates my guts and I hate his, he isen't my president.
Awww, poor baby. Sorry, but yeah, if you're an American, he is your president.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Hence, a man who only wants to be president for half the population ends up being president for no one.
Obama hates, attacks and denigrates success and successful people. So if he is everyone's president that would mean that everyone is America are failures.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:59 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Congradulations... you did exactly what the left wanted. Read carefully...

Go back and listen again. Romney was talking to donors who want him to use the money they give wisely in trying to win the election, they didn't want their money wasted.. Everyone knows that there were people who would vote for Obama no matter what. Romney, who is smart with money was saying he would use the money to campaign to people he could reach. If you ask me, it would be smart. It does not say he doesn't care or wouldn't do anything to help once in office.

Let me give you an example... Would you spend money to advertise birth control to gays? Would you spend money to advertise to a group of people who have no interest in what your selling?

When campaigning, you go to people who you think you can reach, you don't go to the people who's minds are already made up.
Yes and a good chunk of people wouldn't vote for Obama simply because he's black. That doesn't mean you slander or ignore them. Plus I've heard a little too much lately of taking more stuff away from the working poor (not talking non working poor) yet have no problem with hedge fund managers being given tax credits to stay in an area. Plus you assume that the 47% had their minds made up which is rather prejudice of you. Trying to reach out to EVERYONE is essential for any candidate. Taking the high road shows good leadership skills.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Obama hates successful people. So if he is everyone's president that would mean that everyone is America are failures.
LOL. Sure, Petch, whatever you say. I love how you regress into the inane when you have nothing left.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
Quote:
Obama hates, attacks and denigrates success and successful people. So if he is everyone's president that would mean that everyone is America are failures.
Give me an example please. I'm not an Obama fan, but I don't think he does this.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Yes and a good chunk of people wouldn't vote for Obama simply because he's black. That doesn't mean you slander or ignore them. Plus I've heard a little too much lately of taking more stuff away from the working poor (not talking non working poor) yet have no problem with hedge fund managers being given tax credits to stay in an area. Plus you assume that the 47% had their minds made up which is rather prejudice of you. Trying to reach out to EVERYONE is essential for any candidate. Taking the high road shows good leadership skills.
Ok Harry Reid, here we go with the false racist accusations again.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Obama won
Which is the Democrat attitude.

Character doesn't count. The truth doesn't matter. Just win baby.

It is a sad day that so many liberals think this is okay.

Quote:
Reid played him masterfully.
Admiration for a liar and cheat is why the country is becoming morally bankrupt. What can you say to your kids when leaders like Reid deliberately lie. This wasn't a case of an honest mistake or bad intelligence, it was a knowing, willful lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Honestly, how you can you lead an entire country when you don't care for nearly half of the people here?
You might ask the current occupant of the White House that very same question.

Quote:
How do you know Reid lied? Only Romney could prove that and he declined, which means Reid probably wasn't lying.

You know you've fallen down the bizarre-o world hole when you get the right defending a corrupt Democratic politician like Menendez because it plays into their unrelenting hatred of the president.
We know Reid lied because 1) his lips were moving 2) it is not credible that one of the wealthiest men in the country was not paying taxes or paying the wrong amount. The IRS pays special attention to the wealthy.

As to Bob Menendez, he is being defended because there is a disturbing pattern of Obama critics being silenced. It started with the tea party movement, then reporters who asked too tough of questions, then Petraeus...... I am sure there are others who will come to me.

Quote:
Well, that's tough, because when you are the president of the United States of America that means you are the president for every American, not just the half that you like.
That is exactly how Obama is behaving now, only now it is worse. He is under 50% support, lost the last election badly and not only fails to acknowledge that "elections have consequences" as he famously once said, but is actively using extra-constitutional methods to end run Congress outside the scope of his authority.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 AM

LOL, see, just like Romney said, you're a waste of time.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:06 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
You're right, it would be a waste. Well over that 47 percent of Americans he denigrated so glibly rejected him pretty soundly in November of 2012 in response. And he knew they would reject him again, which is why he decided against a run in 2016.

Well over half the country doesn't ever want to see him in the Oval Office. Good.
It was another blunder to be certain. Romney would have been better than Obama, but the GOP should have nominated a better candidate. Huntsman and Paul were a whole lot more likeable folks. Sadly, the GOP establishment crapped on both guys because they weren't conformist enough. Huntsman learned his lesson and won't run again. Paul is just too damn old at this point.

Still, that soundbyte was illegally obtained via the very same tactics that Richard Nixon was about to be impeached for before he resigned. Why did the Dems get away with murder on that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies