Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 06:20 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Kind of pointless being a Queen groupie, dyt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 06:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
What a dunce. That was almost as bad as Rep. Hank Johnson asking at a committee hearing, if relocating a few thousand Marines and their families from Okinawa to Guam would cause Guam to tip over and capsize.

Where do they grow these people?

Old 04-02-2015, 08:18 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What a dunce. That was almost as bad as Rep. Hank Johnson asking at a committee hearing, if relocating a few thousand Marines and their families from Okinawa to Guam would cause Guam to tip over and capsize.

Where do they grow these people?
Washington DC.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh there's more to it than that sentence.

This is her opening summary and she doesn't limit it to women in the US.
She wants change for women globally because climate change will force them into prostitution so they can buy food and water.
But if we allocate money to educate them on climate change then these women won't become prostitutes

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...-resolution/29
Recognizes: (1) the disparate impacts of climate change on women and the efforts of women globally to address it, and (2) the need for balanced participation of men and women in climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts.

Encourages the use of gender-sensitive frameworks in developing climate change policies.
Having provided a link to the text and having read that text I understand that there was more to the resolution. Its just bizarre that the focus has been on the following line, which again I find hard to believe anyone could dispute.

Whereas food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health;

Old 04-02-2015, 08:46 PM

518 posts, read 872,234 times
IS THIS REAL LIFE??? How do these people represent us wtf

Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Having provided a link to the text and having read that text I understand that there was more to the resolution. Its just bizarre that the focus has been on the following line, which again I find hard to believe anyone could dispute.

Whereas food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health;

So you think women will be more impacted by global warming than men? Women will become prostitutes and men will just keep working at their cushy jobs? I guess men will be happy since prostitutes will be cheaper.

You share a pathetic creative imagination with the idiot Barbara Boxer.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you think women will be more impacted by global warming than men? Women will become prostitutes and men will just keep working at their cushy jobs? I guess men will be happy since prostitutes will be cheaper.

You share a pathetic creative imagination with the idiot Barbara Boxer.
I believe that "food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health".

I would lay pretty good odds that most prostitutes would be characterized as women with limited socioeconomic resources.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I believe that "food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health".

I would lay pretty good odds that most prostitutes would be characterized as women with limited socioeconomic resources.
Maybe. But that story is several thousand years old and has nothing to do with global warming.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Maybe. But that story is several thousand years old and has nothing to do with global warming.
So why create a thread over something that is "several thousand years old?"

Old 04-06-2015, 02:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
We all know Barbara is a total idiot, but this time she has exceeded our expectations of ignorance.
-------------------
Democratic Congresswoman Barbara Lee has introduced a resolution in the House that is based on the premise that “women will disproportionately face harmful impacts from climate change.” This is parody come to life: world about to end, women and minorities hit hardest! Among the horrors that climate change will give rise to, according to the resolution, is the likelihood that “food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex,.....

Will Global Warming Cause Prostitution? | RealClearPolicy
Global warming causes people to lose income and fall into poverty. And when women fall into poverty some of them become prostitutes to earn extra income. Like global warming causing the Colorado ski industry to lose money. I would bet some women in Colorado who lost income from the failing ski industry have started prostituting.

How Climate Change Impacts Skiing Industry in Drought...
Report: Ski Industry Sees $1 Billion In Global Warming Losses | ThinkProgress

People say global warming has already caused the worlds economies to lose $1.2 trillion dollars a year (and when women lose their incomes some of them turn to prostitution.)

Climate change is already damaging global economy, report finds | Environment | The Guardian

Last edited by chad3; 04-06-2015 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies