Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 04:42 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Well, please consider that these treasonous Conservative Christians in addition to destroying the USA with their gay hating agenda, think asking people what newspapers they read is a "gotcha" question as well, so.....

Religious scholars agree that all new evidence shows that Jesus most certainly was gay and would have been very much for gay marriage, which most people already knew this anyway.

These gay-hating Republican Christians cry like little babies simply because a store tells it employees to say happy holiday instead of whatever garbage they think should be said.
Would you like some cheese with that?

Old 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,458,823 times
Here is my take on the situation....almost EVERYWHERE I have ever been in the way of food establishments there has been a signage either on the wall, the door or even the menu stating "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

So, how is it places can announce that, and yet don't have the right to do so??? Business is dependent on service to others, and if a business posts they have the right to refuse service, do they legally??? Is it not discriminatory to announce you CAN choose to refuse someone service if you so choose, and if it can legally be posted, under what conditions would it be legal???

I am just wondering since I am sure I am not the only one that has seen those signs repeatedly. DOES any place of business in fact have that right???

Old 04-06-2015, 05:09 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, you're the one trying to claim that things or places or who knows what are being destroyed. By what or who or how is unclear. You just simply gave your opinion. Then you deflected to turn it around & try to put the blame on me, another tactic used to not answer simple questions. Always used when one doesn't have an answer. I'll ask you again: what is being destroyed, by whom & by what means. Perhaps this time you can focus on an intelligent & factual answer instead of avoiding an answer & instead trying to insult the person who asked you the question.
Deny it all you want, doesn't change what anyone with half a brain cell can observe.

Obfuscation, typical. Your liberal handlers would be proud.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:22 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
gays are here to stay, people.
I dont know what all the hoopla is about over these past several years with Dont ask dont tell... marriage equality, and now this...

like effin get over it to the people that are hating on the gays. They're here to stay. They deserve to be treated like everyone else. The sooner u get over it the sooner we all go on living our own lives in peace.

This fixation on everything gay is kinda cray (lol, didnt mean to rhyme there) but seriously... gays are here, they're queeer, get used to it! lol.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:22 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Here is my take on the situation....almost EVERYWHERE I have ever been in the way of food establishments there has been a signage either on the wall, the door or even the menu stating "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

So, how is it places can announce that, and yet don't have the right to do so??? Business is dependent on service to others, and if a business posts they have the right to refuse service, do they legally??? Is it not discriminatory to announce you CAN choose to refuse someone service if you so choose, and if it can legally be posted, under what conditions would it be legal???

I am just wondering since I am sure I am not the only one that has seen those signs repeatedly. DOES any place of business in fact have that right???
That sign has been around for years in many establishments. I assume what they meant by that sign was that they could refuse to serve people who were disruptive, ie skunk drunk in a bar, obviously high on drugs, or disturbing other customers and disrupting businesses for whatever reason. Or possibly if a person did not meet a dress code ina fancy restaurant or other place- ie, cutoffs and no shirt or shoes where a coat and tie are required. Of course these days a business owner could never be sure that a drunk disruptive person who was thrown out of an eating establishment for harrassing or attacking the customers might complain to his favorite activist special interest group that he had been discriminated against because he was....... (plug in the special interest minority ).

Old 04-06-2015, 06:02 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,296,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Darn it. I wish these leftists would have attacked my business. I could retire early........
Funny how Republicans think they can solve everything with money
Until somebody needs help .... in that case "Money is not the solution"

Old 04-06-2015, 06:06 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Religious scholars agree that all new evidence shows that Jesus most certainly was gay and would have been very much for gay marriage, which most people already knew this anyway.

Sure, you keep telling yourself that.

I would happily cater my gay friends' weddings, but I find it hilarious how some of you guys are all butthurt because the pizzeria had supporters, and because of that, they didn't have to go under and be ruined.

Oh no, it's so not fair! Social media works not only in our favor, but in their favor too! No way! It's only supposed to work and be effective when we say it should! How dare the supporters of the pizzeria donate money to them! Make them stop! They shouldn't be allowed to do that! We should be able to ruin their business with no resistance!

Old 04-07-2015, 02:20 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
I saw the report about the Twitter threat made by the idiot high school golf coach but nothing else. Where are all the rest of the threats - or is that it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies