Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 09:45 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I will fess up and say that I am a bigot; I don't like a lot of types of people to begin with.
No friends and you can't figure out why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 10:04 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There you guys go again...throwing the Old Testament away at your convenience when it was supposedly written by divine inspiration through your God.

Mosaic law is Jewish law, and your God is a Jew. He was a practicing Jew and didn't invent any such religion called Christianity. He was a rabbi that taught and lived by Mosaic Law.

I wish you Christians would either dump the Old Testament altogether and stop making it a part of your Bibles and rules when it's convenient, or accept it and become Jews like your savior was.

But this Christian law for this occasion, and Jewish law for that occasion (until it becomes inconvenient) stuff is getting old.
I bring that up when they bring up Homosexuality being an abomination in the OT, Jesus never speaks of it.

They like to pick and choose.

Shellfish and Pork are okay but Homosexuality is still EVIL.

No testing of their bride for virginity with a death squad at the ready either.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why? What difference does it make that those comments were made after Obama was elected? Are you actually saying that Bush and other Republican presidents weren't criticized while in the White House by the Democrats? Are you actually saying that no one in the GOP criticized a white Democrat president in the White House? I suggest you put your race card back in your wallet. The majority of the right don't object to Obama base on his race. They do so because of his politics. I am so sick of this race baiting by the left that I could puke!
Don't even bother. They can't see past color and think the world thinks the same. A sad life. People are sick of it and may never vote for a black man again because they know that we would be expected to give him a pass on everything because of his color.

The same with Hillary, If she were elected, Dems will pull out the gender card all the time, I'm a woman and I'd be damned if I am expected to give her a pass based on gender. In fact, knowing that Dems will pull the gender card is a serious consideration when voting. I want to vote based on character and what I think that person would do, not some dumb qualification like skin color or gender.

Last edited by petch751; 04-12-2015 at 10:18 AM..

Old 04-12-2015, 10:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I will fess up and say that I am a bigot; I don't like a lot of types of people to begin with. Why is society so offended that I despise someone for who they are or who they identify as? I hate religion and religious people overall, for example. Why does society have a problem with that? If I say that religious people are mentally ill and perverted why do so many people think that this is evil? I don't hold respect for a lot of groups of people at all and i'm brave to admit that i'm a bit of a racist as well. If someone wants to follow xtianity/islam/judaism/buddism then fine, but don't push your sick religion onto me or anyoNE else, and keep you and your piggish kind away from me. How come society thinks i'm bad for simply not liking a certain kind of person especially given that some stereotypes are true?

I do not know where you got most of your reputation points.....but it appears, based upon the ratio of your post to your rep......that people like bigots.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what is wrong with being a bigot. Being a bigot often means flat out hatred of a group. It is judging everyone based on the actions from the very worst within that group. It gives extra scrutiny to those individuals who did not deserve it.
I think I get what you're saying & agree. I think the OP said something like 'certain stereotypes are true.' This seems to be admitting to a stubborn irrational basis for belief. It would probably be challenging to attempt to rationally persuade someone who admits to irrationality in thought.

I think it would be equally challenging to defend a belief based on irrational thought. I don't know why people feel compelled to do so.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default bigot

What is wrong with bigotry is the same as what is wrong with stupidity. Either or both will lead to incorrect decisions that can get you broke or killed.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I bring that up when they bring up Homosexuality being an abomination in the OT, Jesus never speaks of it.

They like to pick and choose.

Shellfish and Pork are okay but Homosexuality is still EVIL.

No testing of their bride for virginity with a death squad at the ready either.
Yep...and I've had about enough of it from Christians. I'm calling them out on it henceforth.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep...and I've had about enough of it from Christians. I'm calling them out on it henceforth.
Alright, I confess I'm intrigued. What other ideas do you think are worth calling out?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:00 PM

950 posts, read 924,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
No friends and you can't figure out why?

Myself, I would rather have no friends at all rather than gay friends.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:01 PM

950 posts, read 924,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What is wrong with bigotry is the same as what is wrong with stupidity. Either or both will lead to incorrect decisions that can get you broke or killed.

or hit over the head with a pink purse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies