Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 01:51 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
LiveLeak.com - Disturbing Video Surfaces of Police Beating in California

This time in California. I can't imagine the bravery of fighting this man when they only have 8 cops to this one sucker.

Thankfully our Constitutional rights are forfeited when we p*** off a cop! I love America.
Haven't you heard about that new amendment to the constitution? It says "Cops are above the law and if you run from them, you automatically lose all of your rights and they can do whatever they want to do to you".

It's been voted in by apathetic Americans who don't value their rights. People who say "if you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear from LE".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
He got off easy...they used to hang horse thieves.
And we should hang abusive cops. People who abuse their power are the lowest form of life. They are in the same category as child abusers and animal abusers.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't hate cops but the video speaks for itself. What investigation do you need.
Maybe the TV people faked the video.

Or maybe the internal investigation will lose the video so the abusive cops will be found not guilty.

Or maybe the cops union lawyers will claim their rights were violated since they had to go out into the desert.

Or maybe after several months of investigation the furor will blow over and the public will forget what happened to this bad guy.

There are a lot of reasons why abusive cop defenders want to wait to pass judgement.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Again, in no way am I justifying police brutality, but we're only seeing a few minutes of the entire incident. The man has felonies and has been arrested for animal cruelty. He's not a nice person.
Nobody said he was a nice person.

So you think if you are a bad guy then the cops can beat the crap out of you? Eight cops? You like making the cops judge, jury and executioner too?

Old 04-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When was he surrendering? When he took off and drove 140mph through Apple Valley? Or maybe he was surrendering when he stole the horse?

He is the prime suspect in an identity theft ring, which is why the police had a search warrant. He's been convicted for resisting arrest before, and this time he took off in a car and sped away. The chase went on for 3 hours.

This "defenseless person" is a convicted felon. He's been arrested for fighting, robbery, speeding his car down a sidewalk and I don't even want to know what he did to be arrested for cruelty to an animal. How many times do we arrest people and release them back out on the street to prey on society?

I've been called a bleeding heart most of my life, but I'm getting old and growing tired of hearing so much sympathy for these dregs of humanity. The media interviews the families and they always say, "He is such a great guy" or "He was turning his life around" This man is White, so at least nobody is crying racism.

Yes, I agree that the cops were wrong and they should be punished. They could have caused him permanent brain damage or killed him. Still, it is difficult for me to shed one tear for this piece of dirt. Well, at least he's not a child rapist. I can't imagine the type of scum cops have to deal with every day.
Yes, you are justifying cop brutality. Do you even read your own words? Abusive cops are abusive cops and sometimes they abuse good people.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
This sort of brutality would end tomorrow if police misconduct lawsuits were paid out of the police pension fund instead of from our tax dollars.
Exactly! Most of these tragedies cost the tax payers and the cops get off scott free.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The guy is absolute scum and the world would probably be a better place without him..................that said, what these police officers did crossed the line, not only did they violate the code of conduct of their office, they basically made this human garbage into a sympathetic figure and likely, a very wealthy sympathetic figure.

They deserve to be fired for their actions and as I said in the other thread, in the end the only one I truly feel badly for is the horse.
Fired? You are joking, right? They should be prosecuted just like you and I would be if we beat the crap out of somebody.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:03 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Amen, Captain Obvious, and I'd add it should be recouped via reduced pensions immediately, with no cap on % of reduction.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:04 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
If he was an animal abuser and an identity thief , he's scum and deserves every steel toed kick in the nads he got.

I don't care what color he is.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
If he was an animal abuser and an identity thief , he's scum and deserves every steel toed kick in the nads he got.

I don't care what color he is.
And what do the cops deserve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies