Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,717,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The white race is to blame. For everything. Ok ? I don't represent any white people dead or alive, other than myself. I apologize
I do not know if you are white or black....but I do know you have misrepresented the facts. I never said the white race was responsible for EVERYTHING. The question is, assuming your intelligence, is why did you have to make that lie in order to respond. Why respond with the straw man fallacy if you are serious and have intellectual integrity? Are you just smug with the knowledge that blacks can do nothing about it?

Old 04-11-2015, 04:05 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,010,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I do not know if you are white or black....but I do know you have misrepresented the facts. I never said the white race was responsible for EVERYTHING. The question is, assuming your intelligence, is why did you have to make that lie in order to respond. Why respond with the straw man fallacy if you are serious and have intellectual integrity? Are you just smug with the knowledge that blacks can do nothing about it?
Most people just don't want to deal with the truth and harsh realities.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not about blaming race. No race is to blame for any problems based on their skin color. PC Liberalism is creating problems in this country today though.
There are cultures associated with skin colors. All culture is learned. It's the culture that controls what people believe and what they do. Any race can pick up a culture if allowed immersion into it, and then propagate it. The culture of America has its origins in Europe. The systematic oppression learned in Europe was transported to America.....but morphed from a class thing to a racial thing.

The logic is simple. In Europe, whites oppressed whites and hence there was no net gain for white people (remember the dark ages). There were the minority rich and the masses who were poor peasants and such. Same true in Africa. Blacks oppressed blacks and hence there was not net gain for blacks, but their were rich kings and chiefs. Races or groups only rise, as collectives, when they oppress other races or groups. That is what colonization and imperialism did for the European culture (white peoples). It allowed them to take the land and labor of non white peoples without the offset of non white peoples taking the land and labor of whites. Hence, the net gain went to whites and the net loss went to non whites. This is why whites are the richest people in the world, and those who land and labor they oppressed (that are non white) are among the poorest people in the world.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
I actually agree with about 90% of what you said. Now, let us talk about damages. Can it not be argued that the living descendants of black slaves are materially, and otherwise, better off than most of the descendants of those who were not shipped overseas and enslaved?

Old 04-11-2015, 04:26 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,010,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I actually agree with about 90% of what you said. Now, let us talk about damages. Can it not be argued that the living descendants of black slaves are materially, and otherwise, better off than most of the descendants of those who were not shipped overseas and enslaved?
That's not an easy black and white answer. Both both sides have suffered the effects of the Atlantic Slave Trade. The Atlantic Slave Trade and European colonization of Africa have had a complete negative effect on the continent. Blacks Americans suffer more damage psychologically while the Africans suffer more physically with worse poverty, hunger, etc.

Blacks Americans collectively have more resources than Africans(including North Africans) but too many are psychologically damage to take advantage of it. Also add in systematic White Supremacy and you'll have a recipe for disaster. So no, Black Americans don't have it better than Africans. When African immigrants come to the US, they usually outperform native Black Americans because they haven't gone through the 400 years of North American oppression. Whether people want to admit it or not, slavery had taken its toll on the Black American community, even in 2015. It's the ugly truth.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 04-11-2015 at 04:34 PM..

Old 04-11-2015, 04:27 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Furthermore, PC BS, means you can't even honestly discuss the issues...
/thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:28 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times
Quote:
But that is not the origin of the self fulfilling prophecy. You have arrived late to the chain of actions begetting reactions. What you say is true in regards to self reinforcing ones belief in racism, but that is a natural human reaction to past realities of racism. The original self reinforcing belief was RACISM. Racist employers who believed that blacks were lazy and and dumb treated them in a way that likely made blacks not want to work that hard and it gave them no incentive to use their minds to do the job better. Exploitation and denigration is not the way to get people to work harder and smarter. It has the opposite effect.

So what does it matter who's more to blame at this point then? The horse is long out of the barn and he won't be caught by standing at the gate and throwing manure at each other.

Racism has had one foot in the grave and another on bannanna peel in America for a while now , but some people just insist on keeping it on life support instead of just letting it die the slow, painful death it deserves.

There is not one black person left alive today that was a slave.
There is not one white person left today that was a slave owner.

At what point does continuing to blame each other for the actions of our ancestors become counter productive?

Old 04-11-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

Yes, that can be argued, as well as the argument that whites have been made better off from the same phenomenon. That said, however, the same logic works in Africa. The impact of the relationship and interaction between blacks in Africa and whites in the world has not been even. Whites colonized Africa and rapped it for its resources, meaning the wealth of those resources ended up in the hands of whites, depriving Africa and Africans of that wealth...creating a net gain for whites and a net loss for blacks. Thus, Africa and Africans is worse off than they would be if not for colonization and cold war politics between communism and capitalism in Russian and America's cold war geopolitical manipulation.

So to answer your question. We do not know what Africa would look like if it had not been colonized. Keep in mind that blacks have been living in Africa and surviving since the first human originated there. To me, such longevity means that they were successful people.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:31 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,623,521 times
Maybe it is just the USA's structure that does not work for Blacks as a race???. Those African slaves were forced into a horrible position when taken to North America. Maybe, well, their ancestors would have been a LOT better off in a different place, a different societal structure, a different way of living.

I know that Japan and Germany were pretty warlike and bombastic before and during WW2. Then their countries were pulverized and totally defeated. But look at how both have recovered and thrived.

Makes you wonder how long you can look to external reasons for what may be, well, genetic traits that may make SOME less well equipped for the modernity of the USA?????

Old 04-11-2015, 04:32 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,129 times
Quote:
I apologize again. The white race is to blame for anything you want to blame it for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.