Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:27 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,305,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Did you read even abit of my previous post? How is it 'misguided' to dislike certain segments of black people when they so often screw up the areas that they populate? I don't dislike/hate all blacks but you'd have to be pretty damn nuts to not feel at least some anger and frustration when 5.1+ million people of all ethnicities can live in relative peace and harmony in a city and the other 400,000 can't do the same no matter how much people have tried to help them to do so for so many years.

As an example, what if you had 5 kids and one of those five continually got into trouble no matter how much you scolded and punished him and tried to help him stay on the right path all of which fell on death ears. Are you telling me as a parent you wouldn't feel sad, frustrated and angry at your child that no matter how much effort you put in to help your troubled child, that he continued to do the same crap? That's how I feel when it comes to many black people.

Max Sterling, actually, I can appreciate what you're saying in your last post. Yes, that would be frustrating. In that situation, though, I wouldn't judge all of my kids by the crimes of my one child. You cannot judge and make assumptions about a group based on the actions of a few. I know that you say that you don't dislike all black people, but I'm pretty sure I've seen negative assumptions made about black people as a whole and the entire black culture. That thought process can only harm you and others.

Also, I take issue with you saying (in a previous post) that black people defend black criminals, regardless of the crime. That's not what's happening. What you're seeing is people defending their race from the racists comments that are constantly made on this board. Blacks (and black supporters) aren't going to sit back and let those things go unchecked. That's not defending the crime/criminal and I guess I don't see why you and others can't understand that.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:29 PM

477 posts, read 510,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Probably because you won't find any white people making excuses for their behavior, so the thread doesn't drag on as much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't believe a word of it. There's a cause and effect for everything and more then likely HE said something that ignited this nonsense and is crying wolf now.
So much for white people not making excuses ... LOL!

Old 04-15-2015, 06:29 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,222,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Max Sterling, actually, I can appreciate what you're saying in your last post. Yes, that would be frustrating. In that situation, though, I wouldn't judge all of my kids by the crimes of my one child. You cannot judge and make assumptions about a group based on the actions of a few. I know that you say that you don't dislike all black people, but I'm pretty sure I've seen negative assumptions made about black people and black culture. That thought process will never serve you in life.

Also, I take issue with you saying (in a previous post) that black people defend black criminals, regardless of the crime. That's not what's happening. What you're seeing is people defending their race from the racists comments that are constantly made on this board. Blacks (and black supporters) aren't going to sit back and let those things go unchecked. That's not defending the crime/criminal and I guess I don't see why you and others can't understand that.
^^^^^^^^I have to do this cause I can't give you anymore rep.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:30 PM

191 posts, read 164,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't believe a word of it. There's a cause and effect for everything and more then likely HE said something that ignited this nonsense and is crying wolf now.
What makes you think that?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:32 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,222,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azula View Post
What makes you think that?
Cognitive Dissonance on behalf of the poster. That's it.....

Old 04-15-2015, 06:32 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,179,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I hope the Colorado AG investigates and prosecutes this food truck operator for refusing to serve people. As a public accommodation he has an obligation to serve everyone, even those he dislikes personally.
Great point!

Old 04-15-2015, 06:34 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,243,618 times
Quote:
Max Sterling, actually, I can appreciate what you're saying in your last post. Yes, that would be frustrating. In that situation, though, I wouldn't judge all of my kids by the crimes of my one child. You cannot judge and make assumptions about a group based on the actions of a few. I know that you say that you don't dislike all black people, but I'm pretty sure I've seen negative assumptions made about black people as a whole and the entire black culture. That thought process can only harm you and others.

OJ comes to mind, but whatever...

Old 04-15-2015, 06:35 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,149,005 times
Quote:
LOL This from the person who just attacked me in a post?

What we're seeing is that if there's any thread about a black person committing some misdeed, the first reaction of (some) of the blacks on this board are to instead try to deflect or change the subject entirely, either by saying that they know of an example of whites who have done the same thing, or that whites commit other kinds of crime, etc. They completely dodge the subject at hand.

It's the rare black on this board who will just post something to the effect of "They make us all look bad, I wish they'd get their act together." But they are on here, and I applaud their posts.

Instead, what most do is act retaliatory... just like you did a few posts back.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:37 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
So much for white people not making excuses ... LOL!
Yeah... but that's pretty much the only person in the thread who has done so. Everyone else wants these punks to get what they have coming to them, even if it's a white poster.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,357,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I haven't seen any evidence of this "brain" that you speak of, just angry immaturity.

But you know the saying, birds of a feather, right?
Angry immaturity? LOL, pointing out the obvious hypocrisy makes one "immature" these days I guess.

"But you know the saying, birds of a feather, right?"

Of course! All I see on race related threads are you, your kitty buddy, and other friends promoting your bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies