Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Factors that makes you register as Democrat
Progressive Taxation 23 53.49%
Govt has a role in our lives. 30 69.77%
Glad to pay taxes because i see the benefit 17 39.53%
Believe in minority rights. 22 51.16%
Right to safe abortion, easily available. 23 53.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:27 PM

15,971 posts, read 7,032,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
More Trickle Down than Reagan.

Same irresponsible budgets as Bush.

Renewed Bush's Patriot Act.

More earmarks than Bush.

More off budget expenses/continuing resolutions than Bush.

Same no-bid contracts to Haliburton subsidiaries as Bush.

More no-bid contracts than Bush.

Escalated Afghanistan.

Dramatically escalated the Drone program.

Lied about foreign military policy and happenings multiple times.

Worse special access for big donors than Bush.

Worse gun running program than Bush's and then lied and blamed it on Bush.

Etc...
So ... He's really a Republican?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 03:27 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
You forgot the option "as long as it feels good, I don't care about or understand the end results."

Old 04-18-2015, 04:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
There is the problem. They're not this or that. Don't bother defending or explaining your position.

I really think of everyone sat down and actually researched what each party was doing there would be a lot of head-scratching and converting from one to the other. This goes both ways. But, it's just easier to mindlessly insult and parrot things heard in the media.
Yeah...Because Lord knows that YOU'RE the only informed voter in America. Everyone else is clueless.
Quote:
Is this the kind of mentality that leads to Obama being so disingenuous?

The Democrats own you, due to your fear of the other party.

So you cheer and chant when Candidate Obama blasts Bush and then look the other way when Obama out Bushes-Bush on those issues. In the end you get Bush III, but at least he doesn't have an R after his name.

Obama knows he can lie, knows he can act like Bush, and knows he can break promises...because he doesn't have an R after his name so criticism will be negligible from his own party.

LOCKSTEP!
No one "fears" your party.

Simply put, the Republican Party sucks, and as Bobby Jindal says, continues to be the stupid party.

I don't need fear to avoid voting Republican. I only need common sense.

Now go tell a friend.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...Because Lord knows that YOU'RE the only informed voter in America. Everyone else is clueless.

Simply put, the Republican Party sucks, and as Bobby Jindal says, continues to be the stupid party.

Now go tell a friend.
Where did common sense exsit in the democrat party?

Old 04-18-2015, 05:41 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Being a Democrat means checking your brain, ethics and morals at the door while surrendering to mob mentality. It is wonderful in the Collective, all hail the Borg.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:57 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
It means that you have joined, or otherwise affiliated yourself with a specific political party. As for the poll questions, one need have nothing to with The Democratic Party to support those premises.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
It means your brain has been fried.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Where did common sense exsit in the democrat party?
When we sent McCain and Romney back to the holes they crawled out of.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:11 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The statement points to LEGACY so we are talking post-Obama. There is more unity in what they expect from the candidate and thus clinton is shaping her campaign around income-inequality. Gay rights. Fair wages.

No matter what their ideology is though they have to work with the Repubs who have only one ideology - no taxes, tax breaks for the rich, corporations are people. End of story.
Your post proved me right.

There is no real ideology for the most part. Hillary is a War Hawk - Democrats are fine with it. If Hillary continued Obama's Trickle Down economics that have dramatically increased income inequality - Democrats would be fine with it as they don't mind it under Obama. Democrats wouldn't offer any real resistance to Hillary expanding income inequality. Gay marriage, Hillary just last year indicated that as late as 2013 she had doubts over gay marriage...yet Democrats are fine with destroying a guy's career who privately donated $1,000 in 2006 to a traditional marriage campaign.

No real ideology. Just sheep with a cult of personality disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Now go tell a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
What makes people register as democrats ?
Fear, they take a look at GOP a register democrat. We really need another party !
Derp....

I responded to 3 posts where there was clear fear of how bad things would be if the GOP took control. I responded to a post that literally used the word "fear."

The Republicans aren't my party. I will vote for the best candidate.

I don't believe in being a sheep that cheers, chants and faints for Obama that correctly blasts many Bush policies and then looks the other way and makes excuses as he out-Bushes Bush.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Your post proved me right.

There is no real ideology for the most part. Hillary is a War Hawk - Democrats are fine with it. If Hillary continued Obama's Trickle Down economics that have dramatically increased income inequality - Democrats would be fine with it as they don't mind it under Obama. Democrats wouldn't offer any real resistance to Hillary expanding income inequality. Gay marriage, Hillary just last year indicated that as late as 2013 she had doubts over gay marriage...yet Democrats are fine with destroying a guy's career who privately donated $1,000 in 2006 to a traditional marriage campaign.

No real ideology. Just sheep with a cult of personality disorder.

Derp....

I responded to 3 posts where there was clear fear of how bad things would be if the GOP took control. I responded to a post that literally used the word "fear."

The Republicans aren't my party. I will vote for the best candidate.

I don't believe in being a sheep that cheers, chants and faints for Obama that correctly blasts many Bush policies and then looks the other way and makes excuses as he out-Bushes Bush.
Stop it. You're a conservative Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies