Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 06:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yes, every drug dealer should have their day in court.
Aren't we going on, "wait until the facts come out" anymore? (post #68)

Here is a fact for you:

Quote:
Research suggests that family violence is two to four times higher in the law-enforcement community than in the general population.

Several studies have found that the romantic partners of police officers suffer domestic abuse at rates significantly higher than the general population. And while all partner abuse is unacceptable, it is especially problematic when domestic abusers are literally the people that battered and abused women are supposed to call for help.
Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does - The Atlantic

Cops Beat Their Wives & Girlfriends At Double The National Rate
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-beat-wives-girlfriends-double-national-rate-receive-promotions/#u6LCGiVs4S0QGTp4.99
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 06:22 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
So you are a cop hater.. I figured that.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:25 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
To be honest, I also never thought this was a racial issue. I would have bet that the ethnicity of the officers was exactly what it ended up being. It's about the helplessness that the people in the poor areas of the cities feel and their resentment towards cops.

Their resentment and anger is so misdirected it's beyond pathetic. They should be trashing 3M, GM, Ford and 100 other corporate headquarters for moving so many good jobs out of the country.

Why doesn't GM build their new Chevy Cruze factory near Baltimore instead of Mexico City? Are they a racist company? Do they think that these people cannot do the job? Why would they build their cars in China when they could build them right here? Do they hate black people so much that they would rather ship the cars overseas than just build them here?

Why isn't the anger aimed at the right sources?

The black people should tell our government to shove their welfare where the sun don't shine and step on these oursourcing companies.
I agree and they should also ask the president that they elected why he is giving stays of deportation to millions of illegal aliens with work permits. This also diminishes job opportunities for not only blacks but other Americans also. Yet they keep on worshipping him and electing the Democrats with the same mindset.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
So you are a cop hater.. I figured that.
Not much for facts, are you?

Old 05-02-2015, 06:28 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not much for facts, are you?
Good and bad cops. Those are the facts.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:33 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
One thing that may be getting swept under the rug in all this is the Second amendment.

If the knife was not a switchblade (and I have read that it was not), then wasn't Gray entitled to carry it?

Old 05-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Good and bad cops. Those are the facts.
This I can agree with. Those bad cops should be disciplined as appropriate.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The same conservatives who mention that three cops are black are the same conservatives who think racism ended in 2008 when Pres. Obama was elected to the White House.

You would have to be incredibly naive to assume that racism ended when Obama was elected -- he's one of the biggest racists there is!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:33 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Back in the days of slavery, black overseers whipped black slaves just as eagerly as white overseers, that didn't change the racist nature of the enterprise.
OK, so what we have in Baltimore is the white overseer Mayor, uh, oops, ok, well the white overseer police chief...uh, ok, well, let's see, uh, uh, uh. Oh, ok I got it, the influence of the long past previous white mayor/white police chief culture still dominates the police force culture so that even black officer's abuse the innocent black folks...... yeah, that's it!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
One thing that may be getting swept under the rug in all this is the Second amendment.

If the knife was not a switchblade (and I have read that it was not), then wasn't Gray entitled to carry it?
Depends if he was still on parole or probation and what the restrictions of his parole were. I've read
Freddie was on parole so restrictions would apply.

Restrictions could include not being able to carry guns, ammunition, knives over a certain length (usually over 3 inches), bows, swords, anything that they deem can be used as a "weapon". Also can't do drugs, some say alcohol. The restrictions are written on the parole/probation orders and are quite understood by the parolee before he is released from jail. His parole officer does a lot of reminding as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies