Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you break the law you will dislike the police. If you are law abiding you have no problem with their authority. This goes for all races.

The thugs don't like the police . The job of the police is to look for the lawless and defend the rights of the community who are law abiding.

Problem here lies with the people who across the board dislike the police because they do their jobs. If you are a drug dealer you will have a run in with police .

There has to be understanding of the situation in which the lawbreakers put themselves in when they break the law. The police have a fine line to contend with when the public is shouting police brutality and they have to confront criminal behavior.

This could become a curse on the backs of the police to keep order in our society . The police could easily look the other way and crime becomes rampant.
I am a law abiding citizen and I have a problem with police brutality. Police are not above the law and must conduct themselves within the scope of their job policy and the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:30 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
I don't see why race even matters...
Race sells newspapers.

The End.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
If you break the law you will dislike the police. If you are law abiding you have no problem with their authority. This goes for all races.

The thugs don't like the police . The job of the police is to look for the lawless and defend the rights of the community who are law abiding.

Problem here lies with the people who across the board dislike the police because they do their jobs. If you are a drug dealer you will have a run in with police .

There has to be understanding of the situation in which the lawbreakers put themselves in when they break the law. The police have a fine line to contend with when the public is shouting police brutality and they have to confront criminal behavior.

This could become a curse on the backs of the police to keep order in our society . The police could easily look the other way and crime becomes rampant.
Is there any excuse for this?

Quote:
A Baltimore Circuit Court jury awarded a 55-year-old man $44 million yesterday in a police brutality case in which a police officer was accused of throwing the man headfirst into the concrete wall of a holding cell and rendering him a quadriplegic.
$44 million given for brutality - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

Old 05-02-2015, 09:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am a law abiding citizen and I have a problem with police brutality. Police are not above the law and must conduct themselves within the scope of their job policy and the law.
True..I don't disagree. Let's find the facts first , innocent until proven guilty.

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Not true.

Undue force - Sun Investigates - The Baltimore Sun

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Res ipsa loquitur (Latin for "the thing speaks for itself") is a doctrine in tort law that infers negligence from the very nature of an accident or injury, in the absence of direct evidence on how any defendant behaved.

Police themselves have said that Freddie was running, they ran after him, took him down and into custody after which Freddie had three fractured vertebrae in his neck, severed spinal cord, and a crushed larynx.

Whether or not the manner in which he was taken down and restrained caused his death may eventually be proven in court, but as of now is nothing but conjecture.

Or does innocent until proven guilty not apply when police are accused?

Old 05-02-2015, 09:36 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It's sad how the media constantly attacks the police, but then stands behind them when the rioters get going.
I assume you mean physically stands behind them, not in a supportive sense. In that case I agree!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
People shouldn't assume but even some of the protesters thought this was about racism.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/34f3...3044558001.jpg

//pics.mcclatchyinteractive.com...Baltimore.JPEG
I'd take those protesters a lot MORE seriously IF there wasn't the out of control Black on Black murders going on in 2015. Till then; a hood rat gets dropped, so what? I'd feel the SAME way if a bunch of Black cops dropped a known white supremacist meth head.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:39 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Evidence and trial be damned eh? Not guilty until proven innocent like the low lifes they deal with on a daily basis?
It is up to the courts to decide this one. It's unfortunate that names were released because this places all of their families in jeopardy. Guilty or innocent there are those who have already decided they are guilty WITHOUT benefit of a trial. I don't know who did what so I can't say who's guilty or who is innocent. I have to leave this one up to those who have the information to make the decision.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
True..I don't disagree. Let's find the facts first , innocent until proven guilty.
Freddie could have benefited by his right to due process also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies