Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 07:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times

Advertisements

I think Haitians have a great work ethic, are pleasant people and care very much about the family unit..

The hood rats in Baltimore are nothing like the Haitian families----who don't have their hand out...

Haitians face a identity dilemma in the United States. Although they are different in national origin, they are almost physically indistinguishable from other black Americans. They cannot easily merge with the rest of the black population because of their language and culture. Haitian Americans perceive differences between themselves and other blacks. Most seek a middle ground between being merged with the rest of the black population and complete isolation. Haitian language and culture are preserved at home, which makes it possible for Haitian immigrants to separate themselves from the Afro-American culture around them. Traditional Haitian values are carefully guarded. They adapt to the dominant American culture while retaining their distinctive lifestyle at home.

Read more: Haitian Americans - History, Modern era, The first haitians in america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 07:21 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
I saw this article today and found it to be very encouraging.

NBC News website, "Teachable Momentum: Baltimore 'Big Brothers' Sees 3,000 Percent Increase in Mentorship Requests" BY TRACY JARRETT, May 3, 2015

"In just 36 hours, following shocking television images of youths rioting in the streets, the Baltimore chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America has received the largest surge in mentor applicants in the organization's history — a whopping 3,000 percent increase.[snip]

The organization has received over 500 mentor inquiries in the past few days, compared to the usual four to five inquiries a day."

These black, inner city, poor kids desperately need volunteer adult mentors to guide, teach, and care for them, in my opinion, instead of more failed government programs. One adult helping one young person can make a difference in many, many future generations.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:51 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
All I heard today on all the Sunday morning news shows was "we have to invest in our inner city youth" and the like -

I'm sick of it!
Same tired crap from same crappy mouthpieces.. The parents need to invest in their children. On a side note it is funny how they refered to the rioters as "chilldren"

Old 05-03-2015, 08:57 PM

7,779 posts, read 6,392,491 times
Nothing will change until there is a major change in the culture of the black community. Only the blacks can make this change.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:00 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Nothing will change until there is a major change in the culture of the black community. Only the blacks can make this change.
No we all need together

Old 05-03-2015, 10:00 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The TV talking heads on all networks except FOX News received the Democratic talking points and are busy pushing the narrative.
How DARE they not follow the state run narrative...

Old 05-03-2015, 10:08 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,145,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Well I think blacks do want integration but it is some fantasy integration where whites are the low folk and blacks are living larger over them. You know where the Civil Servants are mostly black, the Mayor is black, the Police Chief is black,etc.etc.
No. I believe that most people are just looking for equality.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:50 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
All I heard today on all the Sunday morning news shows was "we have to invest in our inner city youth" and the like - just nonSTOP about it, am I the only one SICK OF THIS ****?

These people are a g-- damn DRAG on American progress...a complete abyss. We have spent and spent and spent and spent on these people and what do we get?

How about you people TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY and GROW UP - that way we wouldn't have to babysit your people like little children.

I'm sick of it!
Nope, many registered Republicans share the same or similar opinions as you. It's not in some people's interest to invest in inner-city youth...

Old 05-03-2015, 10:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Baltimore spends more on education than any city in America except New York.

Baltimore second in per-pupil spending, according to Census Bureau - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,145,018 times
Quote:
All I heard today on all the Sunday morning news shows was "we have to invest in our inner city youth" and the like - just nonSTOP about it, am I the only one SICK OF THIS ****?

These people are a g-- damn DRAG on American progress...a complete abyss. We have spent and spent and spent and spent on these people and what do we get?

How about you people TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY and GROW UP - that way we wouldn't have to babysit your people like little children.

I'm sick of it!
"your people"?

You mean poor Blacks correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies