Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 01:46 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,003,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You place blame on the people instead of placing blame where it's deserved. The blame is Obama's and Obama's alone. I don't expect Obama to be something that he's not. That's a pointless statement. I do expect Obama to keep his promises and not tells lies and 1/2 truths as easily as breathing air.

His failure to do anything promised are why MOST of America now abhors him and the few supporters he has left, 95% of African Americans, hard core Democrats and the delusional, are the ones who have the issue.

I voted for Obama in '08. He lost my support in '12 and I can't wait for his now lame duck session to end. He's damn lucky that idiot Mitt Romney was his opponent as a competent candidate would have sent him and his race baiting wife packing.
You made my point.

People expected Obama to be above politics, but he's a POLITICIAN. A lot of people are upset with him and want to blame him for all of America's ills. That's fine....but lets not act as if every president before him was better somehow and then everything crashed when he took over. Our problems started long before he took office and they'll continue long after he's gone.

As for African Americans, they vote Democrat and support Democrats of all hues, Obama being no exception. I'm not sure what that has to do with this discussion.

When do you think was the last time we had a "good" president? I was born in 1986 and can say that all of them were screwy (Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama) in one way or another. As for Romney...who do you think would be a better candidate?

Old 05-17-2015, 01:46 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
Let me get this straight....ANYTHING ANYONE does RIGHT during his administration is HIS accomplishment....and anything that goes wrong is Bushs fault.

This ASS is actually giving talking about the "evils" of private schools this week, just forget the fact that he, his wife and his kids ALL attended private schools.

PLEASE, he is worthless and a total HACK!

Old 05-17-2015, 01:50 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
AP is liberal now? Let's see, NPR, CBS, ABC, NYT, WaPo, NBC, CNN, USAToday, LATimes -- am I missing anyone? -- all liberal "main stream media". What's the opposite of main stream media? Side show media? Makes sense. Mick
There is no such thing as "liberal" media in the USA. Americans don't know what real leftist liberalism means. You left out Fox but you might as well add it to the list. There is no relevant difference between it and the rest.

100% of the ones you list above completely support the corporate and political status quo in the USA, they are all pro-war, they are all pro-Bankster/Wall Street, they all report opinion AS news, they frequently ignore stories that don't fit their pre-determined narrative supporting all of this, and most of the time they are celebrity/sports figure gushing or discussing some other nonsense that isn't news.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:56 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
I question people's sanity when Americans celebrate the killing of another Islamic leader overseas in a war we have no business being involved in. It wasn't long ago when Americans were very against getting involved in Syria at all, but now that we're there, we might as well get rid of them all, right?

Old 05-17-2015, 02:31 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There is no such thing as "liberal" media in the USA. Americans don't know what real leftist liberalism means. You left out Fox but you might as well add it to the list. There is no relevant difference between it and the rest.

100% of the ones you list above completely support the corporate and political status quo in the USA, they are all pro-war, they are all pro-Bankster/Wall Street, they all report opinion AS news, they frequently ignore stories that don't fit their pre-determined narrative supporting all of this, and most of the time they are celebrity/sports figure gushing or discussing some other nonsense that isn't news.
Oh, boy. You can't tell a difference between NPR and Fox News?

I am not sure what you are expecting from profit-driven corporations that own these media outlets? They are only concerned about selling advertising on their shows, the pricing of which are determined primarily by the ratings. Ratings are derived from reporting on stuff that people want to see (as determined and guesstimated by producers). Status quo provides stability in the society, and corporations certainly like that. Celebrity/sports? Ratings.

NPR is a not-for-profit, but I suspect you don't trust it either.

Mick

Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,774,511 times
Don't blame or credit Obama for taking out a terrorist leader, as he had nothing to do with it.

Credit the military for doing the job, that they do no matter who the president is.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:35 PM

922 posts, read 1,150,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Don't blame or credit Obama for taking out a terrorist leader, as he had nothing to do with it.

Credit the military for doing the job, that they do no matter who the president is.
But had it gone awry and they died, who do you think the Republicans would be blaming? Obama, of course.

Just like they blamed Clinton for the shooting down of the Black Hawk helicopter in Somalia, even though it was Bush Sr who shipped 30,000 US troops there with promises of bringing them all back in time for Clinton's inauguration, which was a complete lie.

Presidents do deserve credit though. They are the ones who make the difficult decision to go get someone knowing any misstep and it could cost the lives of American soldiers and even their political careers. So he had a lot on the line when he ordered them to go get bin Laden with the re-election on the horizon.

Just because he didn't pull the trigger himself is irrelevant. That would be like saying Phil Jackson and Bill Belichick don't deserve any credit for their teams winning championships because they didn't make a basket or catch a TD themselves. Silly isn't it?

Old 05-17-2015, 04:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Will there be more crickets from the right leaning war hawks who love to put down the administrations commitment to defense of America?

Top ISIS Commander In Syria Killed In U.S. Special-Ops Raid
Delta Force Special Ops are no joke!

Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Oh, boy. You can't tell a difference between NPR and Fox News?;
Oh boy. You can't read things in context? Why isn't NPR asking why we are still in these endless wars? Why isn't NPR asking why not one banker responsible for the financial meltdown hasn't had criminal charges brought forth? I could go on, but I'm sure it's a waste of my time.

Why don't you try sticking to the message instead of always making it about the messenger.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:27 PM

82 posts, read 173,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Will there be more crickets from the right leaning war hawks who love to put down the administrations commitment to defense of America?

Top ISIS Commander In Syria Killed In U.S. Special-Ops Raid
Commitment to defense of America? LOL what a joke...Allowing hundreds of thousands of unknown people to flood over our borders free from prosecution or even identification is a clear display of this administration's absolute disregard for the safety of America and its citizenry...Get a clue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies