Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 01:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,816,145 times

Advertisements

The secrecy surrounding this 'treaty' belies the fact that it is the final nail in the coffin of the American middle class.

Like GATT, NAFTA, and CAFTA, the TPP is a Globalist (think CFC, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission) treaty that expands the power of mega-corporations around the world…more jobs will flee the US, more cheap imported goods will flood the US market.

Congressional representatives have to go into a sealed room and read it. They can’t make copies. They can’t tell the public what’s in it. Rand Paul said he couldn’t disclose what was in the treaty.

Corporate Gods: "Obama, Remember Why We Hired You; Ram the TPP Through" | The Daily Sheeple

Old 05-17-2015, 01:24 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,636,855 times
I have a feeling they're going to ram the TPP through no matter who's in charge. We got screwed with NAFTA the same way.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:27 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,984,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The secrecy surrounding this 'treaty' belies the fact that it is the final nail in the coffin of the American middle class.

Like GATT, NAFTA, and CAFTA, the TPP is a Globalist (think CFC, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission) treaty that expands the power of mega-corporations around the world…more jobs will flee the US, more cheap imported goods will flood the US market.

Congressional representatives have to go into a sealed room and read it. They can’t make copies. They can’t tell the public what’s in it. Rand Paul said he couldn’t disclose what was in the treaty.

Corporate Gods: "Obama, Remember Why We Hired You; Ram the TPP Through" | The Daily Sheeple
Because Rand Paul doesn't know what's in the treaty. Don't pretend that Paul is deliberately not telling you.

Rand Paul to oppose fast-track | TheHill

This is a progressive leftist trade deal.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Sounds just like Obamacare.

Have to pass it to see what's in it.

And we all know it won't be good.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,100,254 times
From an economic standpoint, it makes sense to have a trade deal with every country touching the pacific ocean. And if this deal addressed issues like outsourcing and cheap labor abuse, I'd be willing to support it. But the secrecy is concerning. When the main argument for a bill like this can be summed up as 'just trust me,' I have to be a little skeptical.

As a whole, I think we need to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. I don't give a **** if nike saves money by making a 4 year old Chinese boy make it. It will help the middle class worker and bring unemployment down and be an important stepping stone to reducing poverty. When there is a shortage of low skill labor, like factory work, it should be expected that those in poverty will have a difficult time escaping it.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
From an economic standpoint, it makes sense to have a trade deal with every country touching the pacific ocean. And if this deal addressed issues like outsourcing and cheap labor abuse, I'd be willing to support it. But the secrecy is concerning. When the main argument for a bill like this can be summed up as 'just trust me,' I have to be a little skeptical.

As a whole, I think we need to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. I don't give a **** if nike saves money by making a 4 year old Chinese boy make it. It will help the middle class worker and bring unemployment down and be an important stepping stone to reducing poverty. When there is a shortage of low skill labor, like factory work, it should be expected that those in poverty will have a difficult time escaping it.
It has NOTHING to do with protecting the American worker.

From some bits and pieces that have escaped to the public it's protecting the interests of American corporations in other countries.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:37 PM

While us peons have no clue what's in it, corporations and lobbyists have free access to all of it.

NWO folks..this is yet another inch towards the "global worker". And it won't bode well for US workers.

Why Is the TPP Such a Big Secret?*|*Tim Robertson
Corporations and their lobbyists have seen consistent access to the negotiations -- about 600 corporate advisors can review and comment on working TPP texts -- and trade negotiators from partner countries. The Washington International Trade Association's "World Trade Reception" for Trans-Pacific FTA negotiators featured the A-Team of corporate lobby groups and some of the most powerful corporations in the U.S. hobnobbing amongst trade ministers, with nary a voice for the public, unions, environmental or public health groups.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:38 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,942,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
While us peons have no clue what's in it, corporations and lobbyists have free access to all of it.

NWO folks..this is yet another inch towards the "global worker". And it won't bode well for US workers.

Why Is the TPP Such a Big Secret?*|*Tim Robertson
Corporations and their lobbyists have seen consistent access to the negotiations -- about 600 corporate advisors can review and comment on working TPP texts -- and trade negotiators from partner countries. The Washington International Trade Association's "World Trade Reception" for Trans-Pacific FTA negotiators featured the A-Team of corporate lobby groups and some of the most powerful corporations in the U.S. hobnobbing amongst trade ministers, with nary a voice for the public, unions, environmental or public health groups.
Yup. Allowing American corps to sue entire nations for lost profit... However a corp may define it. This bill will put many lawyers to work. That's about it.

Last I heard, unions were quite vocally opposed to this bill, as were most democrats. The repukes and Oblaba can't wait to shove this down our throats. Gee, I can't wait to see what happens next..

Old 05-17-2015, 01:50 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,984,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yup. Allowing American corps to sue entire nations for lost profit... However a corp may define it. This bill will put many lawyers to work. That's about it.

Last I heard, unions were quite vocally opposed to this bill, as were most democrats. The repukes and Oblaba can't wait to shove this down our throats. Gee, I can't wait to see what happens next..
Yes that must be why In May 2012, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, leaked the entire draft intellectual property chapter of the deal on his website in order to highlight concerns raised by technology companies and protest the lack of access granted to congressional offices and nonprofit groups. The chapter had previously been available on the Internet through legally ambiguous channels. And it must be why Rand Paul opposes fast track.

And why a 5,000,000-strong amnesty immigration-reform, and gun control ("We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar," he said to Sarah Brady (Over a barrel? Meet White House gun policy adviser Steve Croley - The Washington Post)), and imposition of collectivist Health Care Insurance mandates and new taxes in lieu of them for the edict's dissidents (and forcing employers to buy Plan B insurance), and signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, etc.; and "clinging to their guns and Bibles" mocking, and "You didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" asserting, and "So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted," Climate Change chanting leftist Barack Obama is pushing for passage of TPP.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:44 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,965,956 times
Not that I am surprised - No Pro Americans here:
Constitution Hating Pro Globalists

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-...-business.html

Republicans claim enough votes to pass fast-track trade bill

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top Republicans predicted on Sunday that both chambers of Congress would muster the votes to pass the "fast-track" authority sought by President Barack Obama to negotiate major trade deals, despite opposition from Obama's fellow Democrats.

"Yes, we’ll pass it. We'll pass it later this week," Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said in an interview with ABC.

Republican U.S. Representative Paul Ryan said on CNN's "State of the Union" that he was confident the measure would also pass the House of Representatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies