Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:31 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
So typical, leftists screw up and then the poor tax payer, whom they despise, gets to pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 01:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your views of these areas as being homogenous pools of losers beyond help is saddening and frankly pretty obtuse.

Any serious conservative should know that you either put a little money in early and get the kids on the right track...or you pay for it in incarceration and crime costs later on. For those that are determined to live the "thug life" you use rigorous policing so they don't contaminate or kill the others.
You can keep kids in school starting at 3 years old from 6am until 8pm and the results will be the same if they have parents or guardians that don't reinforce the learned behavior.

It costs roughly $15,000 per year per student to educate one child in America for 1 year.

How much more do you lefties feel is needed? Or should we do the intelligent thing and change direction?

Old 05-28-2015, 02:31 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You can keep kids in school starting at 3 years old from 6am until 8pm and the results will be the same if they have parents or guardians that don't reinforce the learned behavior.

It costs roughly $15,000 per year per student to educate one child in America for 1 year.

How much more do you lefties feel is needed? Or should we do the intelligent thing and change direction?
I'm not the typical partisan moron on this forum so a strawman argument and then calling me a lefty isn't going to fly.

Keep in mind that diversion programs give kids role models OUTSIDE of their family which is kinda the whole point when they're being raised badly.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of the posters around here....your brains are seriously atrophied when you can't discuss a topic but just quick type out something stupid and call someone lefty while declaring victory.

If that's all you are capable of then please just let me know and I can put you on ignore.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:40 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
As I said, I'm tired of hearing "it cost money" and ignoring the need to "change the attitudes". But that would require the people to participate, to change. They love the culture so damn much, then let them live with the consequences. They won't hear anyone anyway, in their minds it's always everyone else's fault and that gets handed down through generations. They think they know it all but there they are as proof that throwing money at it won't work. You can bang your head against the wall only so much before you decide to walk away.

What you advocate is more of the same thing that didn't work in the first place and us tax payers are tired of being robbed to pay for it. We're tired of seeing out kids future financed to pay for it. It's time that "they" pry their minds open to a different way of life.

And who ever taught people that violence and destruction earns them respect or solves the problem? wow! Or is that what their culture teaches them?
You live in Baltimore?

I'm talking about the city practicing an ounce of prevention rather than spending funds on a pound of incarceration.

Not sure how the city spending it's tax revenues differently impacts you

P.S. As a student of US history, your last two sentences are a pretty sad indictment of wherever you got (shortchanged on) your education. Many US companies are built on using violence and destruction to solve problems and attain success. But nevermind me, I'm just going to eat this Hershey bar while driving home in my Ford to watch a documentary on the Pinkertons.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:47 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - BBC News

...the mob, I mean people spoke, the cops listened. I love it when government is responsive and everyone is happy!

good news, people don't know correlation from causation!

Old 05-28-2015, 03:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Holy crap..FEMA because of riots where the looters were given room to destroy ?

Since when does FEMA pay for riot reconstruction ?

Old 05-28-2015, 03:36 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
How long before those politicians and others who were complaining about aggressive policing, referring to police as thugs, complaining about militarized police, giving so-called protesters room to vent, etc. etc. call for some form of martial law to restore order in Baltimore?
That is what I have been thinking. People are played for fools and they are using some of the agitators to get people riled up.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:49 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
from the article:

IE the cops are taking a vacation to punish the community. Resulting in deaths.

I think its time to fire them all, and hire replacements.
Hell, they should pull out of west Baltimore and let the animals destroy what's left. I don't blame them one bit.
If I has 30-50 animals surround me when I pulled up to make an arrest I wouldn't go near they area. All get is a repeat. Let them destroy themselves just provide body bags.

Baltimore Residents Fearful Amid Rash Of Homicides « CBS Baltimore

Old 05-28-2015, 04:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
I'm not the typical partisan moron on this forum so a strawman argument and then calling me a lefty isn't going to fly.

Keep in mind that diversion programs give kids role models OUTSIDE of their family which is kinda the whole point when they're being raised badly.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of the posters around here....your brains are seriously atrophied when you can't discuss a topic but just quick type out something stupid and call someone lefty while declaring victory.

If that's all you are capable of then please just let me know and I can put you on ignore.
^^^ In other words, morons are people who don't agree with you and don't have a right to an opinion other than an opinion that is in agreement with yours.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:16 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:

Great post, you managed to make no point yet declare both your moral and superior intellect.. Are you sure your not a closet liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies