Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times

Advertisements

Never answer any law enforcement officer without a lawyer present. Especially if your guilty.

Hope he gets what he deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've said before that I don't think Illinois pols are any more crooked than pols from any other state, but boy, do they get caught a lot more (seemingly).

Ex-House Speaker Hastert charged with evading currency rules and lying to FBI - Chicago Tribune
Republican or Democrat, Illinois politicians are as corrupt and dirty as they come. Keep in mind the number of former governors that have served (or are serving) time in federal prison.

Obama is the perfect Illinois politician- corrupt, dishonest, and completely self serving. Anyone who voted for this lunatic to POTUS has no direct observation or involvement in Illinois politics. Illinois has become akin to a third world nation, in which judicial corruption, political graft, and political favors are accepted as the "norm".

The whole state should be declared a federal emergency/disaster area and occupied and ruled by the governors of the adjacent states of Iowa, Indiana, and Wisconsin with their respective National Guards. Then (and only then) would Illinois have a chance.

I used to live there, and have observed the shocking levels of corruption and graft (which are so normal to Illinois residents that they have no idea that other parts of the nation do not operate as their state does) personally. It is simply amazing; one gets the perception that you are living in a third world, lawless nation, rather than the US.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Seriously, what is it with Illinois? And its not a GOP or Dem specific thing, they just seem to do bad things over and over. Is it something in the water?
When character doesn't matter, this is what we get.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
What did the fat bastard do?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
If that dude got caught for that, why don't HRC and EH face time for what they do?

Could it be the skinny legged mack daddy from IL is crooked enough to get them off unquestioned?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:39 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
If we only had the right politicians to rule us...

Old 05-28-2015, 09:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Hastert was just another of the neoconservative bag boys. I remember a footnote in the Chicago Tribune right before he stepped down, he used his influence as Speaker of the House to get a Federal highway constructed across northern Illinois over land that he had recently purchased, and then resold to the Federal govt. for millions in profit. And this was just a footnote in the paper. I remember thinking this guy was as crooked as the other Republicans, little did I know he was this brazen.

And stupid. Everyone knows you don't take withdrawals over 10k.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The whole state should be declared a federal emergency/disaster area and occupied and ruled by the governors of the adjacent states of Iowa, Indiana, and Wisconsin with their respective National Guards. Then (and only then) would Illinois have a chance.
Come and get some, we be well armed in these parts.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:46 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Hastert was just another of the neoconservative bag boys. I remember a footnote in the Chicago Tribune right before he stepped down, he used his influence as Speaker of the House to get a Federal highway constructed across northern Illinois over land that he had recently purchased, and then resold to the Federal govt. for millions in profit. And this was just a footnote in the paper. I remember thinking this guy was as crooked as the other Republicans, little did I know he was this brazen.

And stupid. Everyone knows you don't take withdrawals over 10k.
Its cute you still believe there is a difference between crooks of the two parties.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its cute you still believe there is a difference between crooks of the two parties.
There is a huge difference. Your Republican masters have made our entire political system one where feudal overlords with billions in the bank determine who you get to vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies