Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

BALTIMORE (AP) — A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

Be careful what you wish for, Baltimore. By scaring the cops into next week with lawsuits over "police brutality".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 05:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
BALTIMORE (AP) — A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

Be careful what you wish for, Baltimore. By scaring the cops into next week with lawsuits over "police brutality".
Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it? Those are things they are asking."

They don't know how to do the job. Training is lacking or in question at least. Been on the job several years and don't know dept. policy because they never had to try and follow it before. Now the fear is that they will be held accountable when in the past they never had to meet that standard. Time to clean house. They aren't getting anything else done.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it? Those are things they are asking."

They don't know how to do the job. Training is lacking or in question at least. Been on the job several years and don't know dept. policy because they never had to try and follow it before. Now the fear is that they will be held accountable when in the past they never had to meet that standard. Time to clean house. They aren't getting anything else done.
It's not a matter of them not knowing policy or how to do their job, it's matter of having to deal with a crooked mayor, crooked DA, and a crooked president who is pulling all the strings in his war against police and his strong desire to provoke further division between the races.
It's the result of fools electing a president who hates America, hates police, hates whites, and is doing everything in his power to make this country a third world country.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:26 PM

Police don't want to be held accountable for their actions. This is a push back by them in hopes that they can go back to doing whatever they want to do. This is an important stand they are making. Are police going to be held accountable to do the job correctly and fallow dept policy or are they going to allowed to continue this do nothing policy.
It kind of reminds me of the Ronald Reagan Air traffic Controllers strike. He replaced them all that did not return and do the job.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:30 PM

9,142 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Baltimore Cop: Officers 'Holding Back,' Morale 'In the Sewers' - Breitbart
Quote:
A Baltimore police officer who asked to remain anonymous said that the police’s morale is “in the sewers” and that the increase in the city’s crime is “a direct result from officers holding back” in an interview broadcast on Friday’s “AC360″ on CNN.

Asked about the morale of the Baltimore PD, the officer responded, “It’s in the sewers. It’s down. It’s the worse of the worse I’ve ever seen in my career [according to CNN, the officer has been on the force for twelve years].”

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-29-2015 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 05-28-2015, 05:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:

Uh; I'd rather have cops that were def hardasses than what's going on in Baltimore today. Far fewer people died before Grey's death, I guess Black lives DON'T matter IF it's the hood rats doing "KKK" dirty work.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:06 PM

He added, “After a shift call, we get together and say again, ‘We’re just going to back each other up and answer 911 calls from our dispatcher.'” And that orders from commanders go “in one ear, out the other.”

In what private company or corporation could the subordinates get away with a statement like this ? Think about it !!! How would this play out where you work ? Other jobs pay for performance. A painter who won't paint, plumber who won't plumb, electrician who won't electrify, a taxi driver who won't take you where you want to go but decides to take you where he wants you to go. Or in this case just go to hell. We will do as we wish.

I would start suspending without pay for failure to preform. There will be enough left who will who will answer the 911 calls. I would also start demoting officers Lt. and below.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:16 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
He added, “After a shift call, we get together and say again, ‘We’re just going to back each other up and answer 911 calls from our dispatcher.'” And that orders from commanders go “in one ear, out the other.”

In what private company or corporation could the subordinates get away with a statement like this ? Think about it !!! How would this play out where you work ? Other jobs pay for performance. A painter who won't paint, plumber who won't plumb, electrician who won't electrify, a taxi driver who won't take you where you want to go but decides to take you where he wants you to go. Or in this case just go to hell. We will do as we wish.

I would start suspending without pay for failure to preform. There will be enough left who will who will answer the 911 calls. I would also start demoting officers Lt. and below.
In ones where the workers are say "united" if you will. Good for them. You want the police? Call 911.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:36 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:

But this is what you wanted - so why are you whining? It is the natural consequences of what happens when nobody supports their police department. The community called for anarchy and that is what they are getting. The police are not dummies; they understand this lack of support and respect. Do you really think firing police will help morale.

President Obama will go down in history as the first anti-MLK President since April 4th 1968. He has managed to undo all of the racial gains of the great MLK. That is unfortunate since both Whites and Blacks will be a minority in the next few decades. The only way we can prevail will be to stand together. But, perhaps, this is all part of the plan - divide and conquer. So who is really calling all of the shots? I don't care if you paint it in Democrat blue or Republican red - it is still special interest.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:53 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Quote:

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. To say that it's time to clean house means you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you speak of.

Let's forget about the racial context for a moment and let's concentrate on the current stat- "38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years". Again, forget about you saying to clean house.

Clearly your statements disregard the understanding of dealing with emotional demand in high risk human to human type of work. What do you think happens to people that have to police the 5th most murder rated city in the nation as of 2014? What do you think happens to US Marines and US Soldiers that come back from doing time down range and end up beating their wives and turn into totally different people? Do you think either of these are able to cope normally? Do you think officers that police a high crime neighborhood being on edge everyday for 12 hours can come home to simply shut if off?

See, this is a point that people don't get. Sure, we show tremendous support for our wounded warriors but what about the men & women that put their lives on the line never knowing if the will return home? Regardless of it is their choice, the fact of the matter is that there are consequences and risk factors contribute to the stress and psychological effects of a person.

For you and many, you simply see it as these people made the choice and so they should be bullet proof both physically and mentally. While surely one becomes hardened as one is further exposed to high risk duties but there is a price to pay.... That price my friend is sometimes turning into the very type of people you are policing.... And because of lack of funding, there isn't any continuous psychological counseling. Even worse, if a police officer commits to counseling, he/she has to give up their weapon and are out of a paycheck until found suitable....

So not only do we need tactical training but also training on how to police an oppressed murder capital city- which is another piece of puzzle. So continue to sit in your secured home calling shots... (no pun intended)

P.S. I will be the first to tell you that many of these deaths are a result of police offers not being able to fight with their hands and reaching for lethal force. But it does also come from not getting the proper training on a regular basis (lack of funding) to learn how to police oppressed black neighborhoods and better the understanding of the black culture, especially if the officer is coming from a well to do middle class family history. Much of this training will never be provided cause there aren't many that can provide this....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies