Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He added, “After a shift call, we get together and say again, ‘We’re just going to back each other up and answer 911 calls from our dispatcher.'” And that orders from commanders go “in one ear, out the other.”

In what private company or corporation could the subordinates get away with a statement like this ? Think about it !!! How would this play out where you work ? Other jobs pay for performance. A painter who won't paint, plumber who won't plumb, electrician who won't electrify, a taxi driver who won't take you where you want to go but decides to take you where he wants you to go. Or in this case just go to hell. We will do as we wish.

I would start suspending without pay for failure to preform. There will be enough left who will who will answer the 911 calls. I would also start demoting officers Lt. and below.
If a builder fails to pay, an electrician, or a plumber, guess what happens to the project. They all come back and get their materials.

I use to clean post construction homes and I've seen a house that ticked off the contractors, revisited. Interesting to see the walls where the wiring has been ripped out and the utility areas with no plumbing.

I don't know about a painter not getting paid, but I'm sure they have their way of expression too.

But trust in one thing, they won't go back and do any work for that builder as he will have shot his creditability.

Too many cities needing good police officers for the ones in Baltimore to not know where there are alternative choices for a job.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-02-2015 at 09:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 09:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is no valid source confirming that the Mayor said any such thing, according to Fox that came from an 'unidentified' Police Officer; In my opinion it was nothing more than Fox news trying to Benghazify the Baltimore Mayor. And the problems with the Police Department go back for quite a long time..so some research before you post again, ok?
Whose in Charge?

Quote:
As Baltimore spun out of control Monday afternoon and evening, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake was nowhere to be seen for hours. When she did emerge for televised news conferences, her demeanor was calm to the point of being flat and expressionless. The city needed to hear about action, not the hours she spent behind the scenes dealing with the "T's to be crossed and I's to be dotted" to make sure the executive order mandating an evening curfew was just right. The only time she did become animated was in defending her bungled statement from the weekend in which she appeared to suggest that the city had deliberately allowed some "space" for unlawful acts. "I never said, nor would I ever say, we are giving people space to destroy our city, so my words should not be twisted," she snapped at one reporter.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:33 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you live in Maryland. Do you know that the public schools there are one of the best in the nation.
"Do you live in Maryland?"

I did for 61 years.

Why is it people like you always want to move the goalposts?

THIS discussion is about BALTIMORE NOT the entire state of MD.

Being you know so much about the state, where does the Balt. schools rate?

Old 06-05-2015, 06:48 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Best high school is 50 miles frm Baltimore.

Apparently MD does have many top schools K-12. so why is Baltimore so reflective of unintelligent and violent behavior?

Does this fly in the face of edu being the panacea for all social and economic problems?

Good schools are probably because of the influence of the DC lobbyists, legislators and hangerson who live in MD. A bit of excluscivity or some not taking advantage of a good thing?
"Best high school is 50 miles from Baltimore." B.S.

"Good schools are probably because of the influence of the DC lobbyists, legislators and hangerson who live in MD. MORE B.S.

I hate to break YOUR KNOW IT ALL NJ ATTITUDE but Balt. is only 35 miles fro D.C. so the MD schools you claim to know so much about would only be a few miles from D.C NOT 50 miles away.

I don't think you really know much about MD and its schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies