Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM

493 posts, read 385,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Sadly, people equate defending Islam with defending terrorists. Do your best to ignore them.
I guess you never read the Quran haven't you? Please read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,666 posts, read 1,018,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
From what I've seen, the danger from Muslim extremists outweighs that of right wing extremists by a factor of about 10,000 to 1. Exactly how many people have right wing extremists beheaded, raped or burned alive during the last year? That tells you everything you need to know about proportionality.

So stop throwing out the red herrings.
In the United States? For both Muslim and Christian extremists I think that would be "0".

Now in other parts of the world it's a different story... How about the Buhddist Bin Laden whom ordered the burning alive of civilian Muslims...

'Buddhist Bin Laden': Myanmar's hate-mongering monk - LA Times

Or how about the Christian Militias of CAR whom hacked people apart with machetes and fed children to crocodiles...

Ethnic cleansing in Central African Republic, no genocide: U.N. inquiry | Reuters

Or how about good ole' Hans Breivek whom massacred children at gunpoint in the name of bringing back the Knights Templar of Christendom?....

One of Us: The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway by Åsne Seierstad

If you open your eyes you can see If you want to close your eyes and have a "us versus them" mentality then you will be blind. I vote "no" on all terrorism, whether Islamic, Christian, Jewish or otherwise inspired.

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
There's no such a thing as "Christian terrorism". It is completely against the teachings of Christ unlike of Muhammad. Read the scriptures of Muhammad and Jesus.
That's not how it works.

If terrorism is done in the name of Christ, it's Christian terrorism. It doesn't matter if it contradicts what Jesus would want. That's irrelevant to determine what motivates certain acts of terror.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:44 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Where did I *EVER* defend terrorism? Name the instance where I stated, "Killing civilians is OK". You're what we call a liar.
You're what is known as a brass bound hypocrite.

Quote:
I read the Sunnah and the Quran; don't read any website. I gave you that site because I used the Quran I owned for many years' and used the papers during my bonfire and BBQ last year (we needed magazines to make more fire) I like people who give out Qurans on the streets, good to use as napkings, tissues and toilet paper or in fire
Yup... you're really doing a good job of showing tolerance, love and the compassion of Christianity here. Very convincing on your part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That's not how it works.

If terrorism is done in the name of Christ, it's Christian terrorism. It doesn't matter if it contradicts what Jesus would want. That's irrelevant to determine what motivates certain acts of terror.
False. You cannot call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ and his teachings. Any Christian doing bad things will be judged on their day of judgement.
/thread.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:46 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That's not how it works.

Oh really? There are a whole lot of people that don't apply that principle to the Muslim world.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Yup... you're really doing a good job of showing tolerance, love and the compassion of Christianity here. Very convincing on your part...
I don't believe in the Quran, and Muhammad was a false prophet. I truly hope he did not exist because I feel bad for Aisha and all his other wives and companions. Quran belongs to the fiction section. Believe in Muhammad should be illegal in the US because it calls for people to treat infidels as second class citizens, call for beheading, killing and violence.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:47 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Was it for religious reasons that he planned these actions? That is the case for the Islamists. Not the case here.

This caught my eye from the article...

“This man plotted to mercilessly kill us, kill our children, and blow up our mosque and our school,” said the spokesman, Muhammad Matthew Gardner. “All would agree, if a Muslim did this, the perpetrator would be immediately identified as a terrorist then prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

He would be correct. When these people repeatedly claim that they will defeat America - yes, they will be considered terrorists. It is what it is.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in the Quran, and Muhammad was a false prophet. I truly hope he did not exist because I feel bad for Aisha and all his other wives and companions. Quran belongs to the fiction section.
You're *really* convincing with such eloquent and rational arguments. I really wanted to become a Christian after you stated that you'd use another religion's holy book as toilet paper. Great job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies