Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
I guess you never read the Quran haven't you? Please read it.

Have you read the Old Testament? Please do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 01:47 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
False. You cannot call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ and his teachings. Any Christian doing bad things will be judged on their day of judgement.
/thread.
Not true at all. Christ had many teachings and if you look to the Bible to understand that teaching, you are a Christian. One of them is that you can still be a sinner and be a Christian. A Christian terrorist may see himself as sinning, but knows (or thinks he does) that Christ will forgive him if he truly loves Christ.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:49 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post

Further I think if anything your strange evangelism on these forums has only *pushed people away* from Christianity...whether you are arguing with a Muslim, Atheist, a Jew or a fellow Christian you come up with wild accusations, make statements with no proof and simply parrot whatever your preacher, pastor or extremist site tells you.
Clear thinking individuals (religious or not) know that ANY religions have been hijacked by nutjobs in one way or another, historically speaking.

I am still unsure of your purpose of starting this thread.

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
In the United States? For both Muslim and Christian extremists I think that would be "0".

Now in other parts of the world it's a different story... How about the Buhddist Bin Laden whom ordered the burning alive of civilian Muslims...

'Buddhist Bin Laden': Myanmar's hate-mongering monk - LA Times

Or how about the Christian Militias of CAR whom hacked people apart with machetes and fed children to crocodiles...

Ethnic cleansing in Central African Republic, no genocide: U.N. inquiry | Reuters

Or how about good ole' Hans Breivek whom massacred children at gunpoint in the name of bringing back the Knights Templar of Christendom?....

One of Us: The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway by Ã…sne Seierstad

If you open your eyes you can see If you want to close your eyes and have a "us versus them" mentality then you will be blind. I vote "no" on all terrorism, whether Islamic, Christian, Jewish or otherwise inspired.
More hypocrisy, and to even attempt to make it work you immediately leap from "right wing extremist Christians" to a bunch of other people. You also completely ignore proportionality. Your arguments are pathetic and you are either completely dishonest or incapable of logical reasoning, maybe both.

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
False. You cannot call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ and his teachings. Any Christian doing bad things will be judged on their day of judgement.
/thread.
I'm an atheist. I will judge them in *this* life.

Would-be terrorists who claim to be doing Jesus' work are just as bad as would-be terrorists claiming to be doing Allah's work.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:51 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Oh really? There are a whole lot of people that don't apply that principle to the Muslim world.
And they'd be wrong too. If you commit an act of terror in the name of Mohammad, you are a Muslim terrorist. This doesn't mean I think all Muslims are terrorists, nor do I think that of all Christians.

Quote:
I don't believe in the Quran, and Muhammad was a false prophet. I truly hope he did not exist because I feel bad for Aisha and all his other wives and companions. Quran belongs to the fiction section. Believe in Muhammad should be illegal in the US because it calls for people to treat infidels as second class citizens, call for beheading, killing and violence.
Mohammad almost definitely existed. He was a conquerer who shaped large sections of the Middle East and unlike Christian denominations which are created based only on the theology, the two sects of Islam are based on who Mohammad names as a successor, one side thinking the actual successor had no right to do so. I find it hard to believe that Mohammad didn't exist.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:52 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
It absolutely amazes me how many people who supposedly believe in the bible add to the commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Kill" the words, "unless it is someone you hate and/or who disagrees with your beliefs."

Old 06-04-2015, 01:56 PM

OP, what is the purpose of starting this thread? Still waiting.

If you believe your religion has been hijacked by nutjobs, can you at least accept the fact that many Christians feel the same way. All major world religions send out the same message, love and peace. Is it not?

So shall we just accept this is a Man bits dog story and move the heck on?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:58 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
OP, what is the purpose of starting this thread? Still waiting.

If you believe your religion has been hijacked by nutjobs, can you at least accept the fact that many Christians feel the same way. All major world religions send out the same message, love and peace. Is it not?

So shall we just accept this is a Man bits dog story and move the heck on?
I responded directly to you several pages back.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I responded directly to you several pages back.
No, you have not.

I understand your concern about media double standard. But if this is the purpose to start this thread, you could have said "Christian extremist made deadly threat against Muslim community, no media outrage" We can discuss accordingly.

Your OP makes me believe that you just want to point out Christian extremists are just as bad as Muslim extremists, which many here would agree. But Muslim terrorism seems to be a global political movement, in my humble opinion. So yes, your religion has indeed been hijacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies